OT: Good cell and hands free set deal (IMO)

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Nov 12, 2009.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Nokia 2720 Bluetooth Handset bundle- 2degrees
    http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/en/product/E3788

    I got mine from Warehouse stationery, I'm really pleased that my $260
    Samsung phone went on the blink. Cheeky bugger didn't want to give me any
    money as the Samsung was 6 weeks old. Needless to say I walked out 5 minutes
    later with $60 cash and my new phone.

    Oh, it's an even better deal than it looks, the hands-free car charger will
    also charge the phone.

    <shrug> Oh well, I'm impressed anyway. A fairly basic phone but seems to
    work well.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 12, 2009

  2. ~misfit~

    victor Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Nokia 2720 Bluetooth Handset bundle- 2degrees
    > http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/en/product/E3788
    >
    > I got mine from Warehouse stationery, I'm really pleased that my $260
    > Samsung phone went on the blink. Cheeky bugger didn't want to give me any
    > money as the Samsung was 6 weeks old. Needless to say I walked out 5 minutes
    > later with $60 cash and my new phone.
    >
    > Oh, it's an even better deal than it looks, the hands-free car charger will
    > also charge the phone.
    >
    > <shrug> Oh well, I'm impressed anyway. A fairly basic phone but seems to
    > work well.

    LOL and I just happened to read this at the same time.
    http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays/statuses/5427015317
    victor, Nov 12, 2009

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Nokia 2720 Bluetooth Handset bundle- 2degrees
    >> http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/en/product/E3788
    >>
    >> I got mine from Warehouse stationery, I'm really pleased that my $260
    >> Samsung phone went on the blink. Cheeky bugger didn't want to give
    >> me any money as the Samsung was 6 weeks old. Needless to say I
    >> walked out 5 minutes later with $60 cash and my new phone.
    >>
    >> Oh, it's an even better deal than it looks, the hands-free car
    >> charger will also charge the phone.
    >>
    >> <shrug> Oh well, I'm impressed anyway. A fairly basic phone but
    >> seems to work well.

    > LOL and I just happened to read this at the same time.
    > http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays/statuses/5427015317

    LOL. Yeah, like I said, the one I bought yesterday is fairly basic, just
    does what you need from a cell phone / hands free kit and not a hell of a
    lot more.

    I mean, it does have a 1.3M/pixel camera that does stills or videos, it
    plays mp3s and even has a headset included but when I went to insert my 4GB
    microSD card I discovered that it only has 32MB onboard memory and no
    expansion slot.

    I'm happy with it for that price though. Most hands-free kits that I've seen
    start at $100 and it's not hard to spend double that. For $200 you get the
    phone, AC charger, car charger and bluetooth hands-free kit. <shrug> And
    it's a Nokia.

    (I won't be buying a Samsung phone again, I only got my last one as I'm
    pleased with my Samsung TV and have seen some good Ss monitors. It doesn't
    seem to carry over to their phones though.)
    --
    Cheers,
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 12, 2009