    Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?

    Mark
    Mark Hatfield, Dec 2, 2006

  2. Mark Hatfield

    LRM Guest

    Re: Gift Ideas

    "Mark Hatfield" <@> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    > Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    > Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?
    >
    > Mark

    Cash bonus or just cash
    LRM, Dec 2, 2006

  3. Mark Hatfield

    Cerebrus Guest

    Mark Hatfield wrote:
    > We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    > Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    > Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?
    >
    > Mark

    A ticket to your favourite strip club !
    Cerebrus, Dec 2, 2006
  4. Mark Hatfield

    LRM Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message

    > Mark Hatfield wrote:
    >> We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    >> Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    >> Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?
    >>
    >> Mark

    > A ticket to your favourite strip club !

    You would be able to get that or any other ticket if they gave you cash.
    Cash IS the ticket ;)
    LRM, Dec 2, 2006
  5. Mark Hatfield

    PajaP Guest

    On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 12:19:48 -0500, "Mark Hatfield" <@> wrote:

    >We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    >Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    >Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?
    >
    >Mark

    Well if you know any hot chicks and your network admin is a straight
    guy.......

    Failing that, lots of ideas here:

    http://www.cashncarrion.co.uk/

    --
    PajaP
    PajaP, Dec 2, 2006
  6. Mark Hatfield wrote:
    > We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    > Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    > Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?
    >
    > Mark

    Knoppix cd
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 2, 2006
  7. Mark Hatfield

    LRM Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    > Mark Hatfield wrote:
    >> We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    >> Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    >> Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?
    >>
    >> Mark

    > Knoppix cd

    Big spender aren't ya.
    LRM, Dec 3, 2006
  8. Mark Hatfield

    PajaP Guest

    On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:40:13 -0600, Jonathan Roberts
    <> wrote:

    >Mark Hatfield wrote:
    >> We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    >> Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    >> Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?
    >>
    >> Mark
    >>

    >Knoppix cd

    The minute you walked in the joint,
    I could see you were a man of distinction,
    A real big spender.
    Good looking, so refined.
    Say wouldn't you like to know
    What's going on in my mind?

    <my mind>
    Bloody cheapskate!
    </my mind>

    --
    :eek:P
    PajaP
    PajaP, Dec 3, 2006
  9. LRM wrote:
    > "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >> Mark Hatfield wrote:
    >>> We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    >>> Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    >>> Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?
    >>>
    >>> Mark

    >> Knoppix cd

    > Big spender aren't ya.

    It's the thought that counts. Besides he'll use that over the tie from
    Macy's :)
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 3, 2006
  10. PajaP wrote:
    > On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:40:13 -0600, Jonathan Roberts
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mark Hatfield wrote:
    >>> We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    >>> Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    >>> Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?
    >>>
    >>> Mark
    >>>

    >> Knoppix cd

    > The minute you walked in the joint,
    > I could see you were a man of distinction,
    > A real big spender.
    > Good looking, so refined.
    > Say wouldn't you like to know
    > What's going on in my mind?
    >
    > <my mind>
    > Bloody cheapskate!
    > </my mind>

    Gee, 2 comments like this.. No wonder no one likes my gifts
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 3, 2006
  11. LRM wrote:
    > "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >> Mark Hatfield wrote:
    >>> We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    >>> Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    >>> Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?
    >>>
    >>> Mark

    >> Knoppix cd

    > Big spender aren't ya.

    Ok, maybe this will redeem me...

    http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/11/the_open_source_1.html
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 3, 2006
  12. Mark Hatfield

    PajaP Guest

    On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:39:45 -0600, Jonathan Roberts
    <> wrote:

    >PajaP wrote:
    >> On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:40:13 -0600, Jonathan Roberts
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Knoppix cd

    >> The minute you walked in the joint,
    >> I could see you were a man of distinction,
    >> A real big spender.
    >> Good looking, so refined.
    >> Say wouldn't you like to know
    >> What's going on in my mind?
    >>
    >> <my mind>
    >> Bloody cheapskate!
    >> </my mind>
    >>

    >Gee, 2 comments like this.. No wonder no one likes my gifts

    Well there was obviously two great minds at work.

    Seriously though, I would normally say "it's the thought that counts"
    and keep gifts to work colleagues at the minimum spend.
    With you network admin though you might find things stop working for
    you in the new year if you tried that (unless of course they get
    ecstatic about Knoppix).

    When we do the same here we usually call it 'Secret Santa and have a
    price range that 'must' be spent. A likely range would be between
    £5-£10. Often we set a theme too, such as 'rubber, 'shiny' or 'foods'.
    I received edible panties one year (from another guy!).

    Your probably right, something from the makezine link should redeem
    you :)

    --
    PajaP
    PajaP, Dec 3, 2006
  13. Mark Hatfield

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Dec 2, 2006 at 12:19pm "Mark Hatfield" blathered:

    Grt him a tie. http://www.thinkgeek.com/apparel/hats-ties/57ff/

    --
    The Diabolical TGP, MCNGP #100100
    mcngp.com is better than mcngp.co.uk with a 4 hour uptime guarantee
    TechGeekPro, Dec 4, 2006
  14. Mark Hatfield

    JaR Guest

    On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 12:19:48 -0500, cast into the ether:

    > We have a gift exchange in our Department and I pulled the name of the
    > Network Administrator. What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    > Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?

    Prozac.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Dec 4, 2006
  15. Mark Hatfield

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > What is the fashionable gift to give a Windows
    >Server 2003 Network Administrator this year?

    a six month contract in baghdad.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Dec 5, 2006