OT: Generation Y

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by TBone, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. TBone

    TBone Guest

    I think I'm beginning to understand the reasoning behind the attitude of
    some of the young'uns we see coming into this froup. Excerpt from an
    article on employers changing to meet generation "Y":

    "Another significant difference between Generation Y and older workers
    that creates tension is Generation Y's expectations of how they will be
    treated on the job. A whopping 87 percent of survey respondents say some
    or most Generation Y workers feel more entitled to receive better
    compensation and benefits and faster career advancement than older
    workers. To wit:

    -- 74 percent of employers say Generation Y workers expect to be paid
    more.
    -- 61 percent say Generation Y workers expect to have flexible work
    schedules.
    -- 56 percent say Generation Y workers expect to be promoted within a
    year.
    -- 50 percent say Generation Y workers expect to have more vacation or
    personal time.
    -- 37 percent say Generation Y workers expect to have access to state-
    of-the-art technology."

    You'll note nowhere does it say that they expect to have to work harder
    for these things.

    Full article:

    http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=45760&PageMem=1

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Nov 1, 2007

  2. TBone

    CBIC Guest

    Re: Generation Y

    "TBone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
    >I think I'm beginning to understand the reasoning behind the attitude of
    > some of the young'uns we see coming into this froup.

    Darn kids these days

    HEY GET OFF MY LAWN

    CBIC, Nov 1, 2007