OT: Gateway connected DVD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ken Briscoe, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Hi all,
    I know it's off topic, but here goes...I just got my Gateway connected DVD
    player, it's all set up and everything's working great. Seeing as it is
    connected to my home network, and my network is connected to the
    internet....is there any way to get the DVD player to see "beyond" the
    computers on my network? Say, to a friend's computer over the internet? Or
    failing that, is there a way to meander around the internet using the DVD
    player? I'm assuming this would require either a firmware upgrade or a
    physical mod to the player. And since Gateway doesn't have any new firmware,
    this would be a hack job basically. But has anyone heard of such a thing? Is
    it even do-able? Also, could anyone point me to an appropriate newsgroup
    where there are "experts" in this? Thanks.

    KB

    ---
    Virus? In the computer? Are you serious?
    Ken Briscoe, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Ken Briscoe

    gangle Guest

    Re: Gateway connected DVD

    This is not OT, therefore I do not understand how you
    could "know" that it was.

    "Ken Briscoe" wrote

    gangle, Sep 6, 2003

  3. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Gateway connected DVD

    > This is not OT, therefore I do not understand how you
    > could "know" that it was.

    You're such a big help. The post was not typical of what is usually found in
    this NG. 99% of posts are about computers. This is not. Hence, OT. But
    thanks anyways.

    ---
    Virus? In the computer? Are you serious?
    Ken Briscoe, Sep 6, 2003