    --
    "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
    Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.

    PanHandler, Aug 31, 2005

  2. PanHandler

    BJ in Texas Guest

    PanHandler <> wrote:
    || It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle.
    || That was an hour ago - probably higher now.
    || --
    || "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems:
    || Viruses, Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.

    Haven't seen today, they were $2.42 yesterday but I suspect they
    are going up with everyone elses.

    "A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what
    he can't." -- Rhonda Hansome

    BJ in Texas, Aug 31, 2005

  3. PanHandler

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "PanHandler" <> wrote in message
    > It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    > ago - probably higher now.
    >
    > --
    > "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
    > Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.

    We pay $1.059 Canadian for a litre of regular gas. A US gallon is 0.2641721
    litres. Current rate of exchange is 0.8408.

    That means we pay $4 Canadian or $3.57 US for a gallon of gas. A lot of that
    is tax.

    Rudy Benner, Aug 31, 2005
  4. PanHandler

    BillL Guest

    "Rudy Benner" <> wrote in message

    > "PanHandler" <> wrote in message
    >> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an
    >> hour
    >> ago - probably higher now.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
    >> Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
    >>

    > We pay $1.059 Canadian for a litre of regular gas. A US gallon is
    > 0.2641721 litres. Current rate of exchange is 0.8408.
    >
    > That means we pay $4 Canadian or $3.57 US for a gallon of gas. A lot of
    > that is tax.

    I think its about $6 - $7 per gallon in the UK? I don't really pay much
    attention to the price as I use my car infrequently and its only got a 1.0
    litre engine! ;o)

    BillL, Aug 31, 2005
  5. PanHandler

    Hans Muecke Guest

    PanHandler wrote:

    > It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    > ago - probably higher now.

    What are You complaining about??? I live in Germany and Exxon, Shell and
    Aral raised the price for the litre 0.08 eurocents to an average of 1.40
    euros over night. Gallon is around 3.78 litres and that means 5.29 euros
    per gallon. That would mean after xchange rate a price of $6,52 ...
    approximately 80 - 90% of it are taxes.

    You must live in paradise ...

    --
    Wir mailen uns ... Hans

    Hans Muecke, Aug 31, 2005
  6. "PanHandler" <> wrote:

    > It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    > ago - probably higher now.

    Prices that low are a crime against the environment.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Aug 31, 2005
  7. PanHandler

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <u1oRe.1799$>,
    "BJ in Texas" <> wrote:

    > PanHandler <> wrote:
    > || It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle.
    > || That was an hour ago - probably higher now.
    > || --
    > || "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems:
    > || Viruses, Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
    >
    > Haven't seen today, they were $2.42 yesterday but I suspect they
    > are going up with everyone elses.
    >
    > --

    At the Gulf station on Rte. 46 in Parsippany, NJ regular was $2.55 this
    morning. Of course that was for full service. Self-service is illegal in
    NJ.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Aug 31, 2005
  8. PanHandler

    Ron Hunter Guest

    PanHandler wrote:
    > It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    > ago - probably higher now.

    My wife went into Wal-Mart here (Ft. Worth) this morning, it was $2.649.
    When she came out, it was $2.849!

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Aug 31, 2005
  9. PanHandler

    Guest

    David J. Littleboy wrote:

    > > It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    > > ago - probably higher now.

    > Prices that low are a crime against the environment.

    ~100% sales taxes are a criminal act against me. Anyone who believes
    any of the funds so absconded go to the 'environment' is living in a
    fantasy world.

    , Aug 31, 2005
  10. PanHandler

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Rudy Benner wrote:
    > "PanHandler" <> wrote in message
    >> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    >> ago - probably higher now.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
    >> Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
    >>

    > We pay $1.059 Canadian for a litre of regular gas. A US gallon is 0.2641721
    > litres. Current rate of exchange is 0.8408.
    >
    > That means we pay $4 Canadian or $3.57 US for a gallon of gas. A lot of that
    > is tax.

    ?? A litre is 1.08 qt. There are 4 quarts in a gallon, so something
    amiss with your math.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Aug 31, 2005
  11. PanHandler

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Hans Muecke wrote:
    > PanHandler wrote:
    >
    >> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    >> ago - probably higher now.

    > What are You complaining about??? I live in Germany and Exxon, Shell and
    > Aral raised the price for the litre 0.08 eurocents to an average of 1.40
    > euros over night. Gallon is around 3.78 litres and that means 5.29 euros
    > per gallon. That would mean after xchange rate a price of $6,52 ...
    > approximately 80 - 90% of it are taxes.
    >
    > You must live in paradise ...

    While it varies in the US from state to state, we have the lowest
    tax/gallon of any major nation. Of course the fact that we refine much
    of what we use, and pump much of what goes into making it, helps to keep
    the price lower than in most places.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Aug 31, 2005
  12. PanHandler

    Ron Hunter Guest

    David J. Littleboy wrote:
    > "PanHandler" <> wrote:
    >
    >> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    >> ago - probably higher now.

    > Prices that low are a crime against the environment.
    >
    > David J. Littleboy
    > Tokyo, Japan

    No. They represent a lot of factors, including a lower tax rate, and a
    much larger country.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Aug 31, 2005
  13. PanHandler <> wrote:
    > It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    > ago - probably higher now.

    As of 6AM in Minneapolis, gas prices range from $2.50 to $3.10 / gal.
    Only an idiot would give money to the rip-off joints as it is clear they
    are commiting a crime and pricing their gas for profit from a crisis.

    I question the pricing of gas based upon futures pricing. Clearly it
    keeps low volume stations in business as they would go out of business
    from low demand when gas prices fall. However, without oversight, we
    see these thieves get away with charging more than 50 cents more per
    gallon then other stations in town within miles of each other. Perhaps
    new rules, such that a limitted profit margin is allowed above the
    futures price OR they can charge as much as they paid (in the case that
    they get stuck with expensive gas when the price goes down).

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Spammers please contact me at .

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Aug 31, 2005
  14. PanHandler

    Guest

    Ron Hunter babbles:

    > ?? A litre is 1.08 qt. There are 4 quarts in a gallon, so something
    > amiss with your math.

    Gasoline is a fluid, nitwit.

    , Aug 31, 2005
  15. PanHandler

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Rudy Benner wrote:
    >> "PanHandler" <> wrote in message
    >>> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an
    >>> hour
    >>> ago - probably higher now.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
    >>> Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
    >>>

    >> We pay $1.059 Canadian for a litre of regular gas. A US gallon is
    >> 0.2641721 litres. Current rate of exchange is 0.8408.
    >>
    >> That means we pay $4 Canadian or $3.57 US for a gallon of gas. A lot of
    >> that is tax.

    > ?? A litre is 1.08 qt. There are 4 quarts in a gallon, so something
    > amiss with your math.
    >

    > --
    > Ron Hunter

    My error was correcting from Canadian Dollars to US Dollars. Its should have
    been $3.37 US.

    A litre is 1.05688 US quarts, not 1.08. I converted directly from litres to
    US gallons.

    Rudy Benner, Aug 31, 2005
  16. PanHandler

    Charles Guest

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:55:57 -0500, "PanHandler"
    <> wrote:

    >It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    >ago - probably higher now.

    $2.899 in So. Calif., my town anyway

    Charles, Aug 31, 2005
  17. PanHandler

    Peacenik Guest

    > "PanHandler" <> wrote:
    >
    >> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an
    >> hour
    >> ago - probably higher now.

    > Prices that low are a crime against the environment.
    >
    > David J. Littleboy
    > Tokyo, Japan

    Not to worry - it's diluted with Iraqi blood, so there are less emissions.

    Peacenik, Aug 31, 2005
  18. PanHandler

    Guest

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

    > I question the pricing of gas based upon futures pricing. Clearly it
    > keeps low volume stations in business as they would go out of business
    > from low demand when gas prices fall. However, without oversight, we
    > see these thieves get away with charging more than 50 cents more per
    > gallon then other stations in town within miles of each other. Perhaps
    > new rules, such that a limitted profit margin is allowed above the
    > futures price OR they can charge as much as they paid (in the case that
    > they get stuck with expensive gas when the price goes down).

    If you don't like the price of X at store Y, then you _are_ free to
    take your business elsewhere. You are _not_ free to dictate how store
    X or any other store conjures up the prices they demand for their
    products.

    , Aug 31, 2005
  19. PanHandler

    Skip M Guest

    > It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
    > ago - probably higher now.
    >
    > --
    > "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
    > Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.

    Hovering between 2.79 and 3.09 for Reg., up to 3.39 for premium, here in San
    Diego.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Aug 31, 2005
  20. PanHandler

    M. MacDonald Guest

    :: Prices that low are a crime against the environment.
    : David J. Littleboy
    : Tokyo, Japan

    Yeah, but in your country the high gas prices also pay for a lot of your
    social services that we in America need to pay out in forms of insurance. I
    figure if I pay my insurance to get what people in foreign countries get
    (subsidized for "free") in their extra taxed gasoline, it would be more like
    $10 per gallon in the U.S. California has some of the cleanest fuel and
    most stringent air quality controls in the world, but at a price where some
    business cannot even be conducted there. Diesel cost more there as well so
    BMW and Mercedes will have a difficult time selling their future hybrid
    diesels there.

    Fwiw, I'm still looking for a site that shows the actual real cost of fuel
    per country EXCLUDING social service programs and taxes. At one time Italy
    had a very low fuel (alone) price.

    Mack

    M. MacDonald, Aug 31, 2005