    nerd32768 Guest

    what is the origin for the word "nerd"

    don't use the dictionary

    nerd32768, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Re: friday trivia

    nerd32768 wrote:
    > what is the origin for the word "nerd"
    >
    > don't use the dictionary

    I believe it originated about 13 years ago...

    --
    Fris "What do I win?" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 25, 2004

  3. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    Re: friday trivia

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > nerd32768 wrote:
    > > what is the origin for the word "nerd"
    > >
    > > don't use the dictionary

    > I believe it originated about 13 years ago...
    >
    > --
    > Fris "What do I win?" bee®, MCNGP #13
    >
    > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    > http://www.mcngp.tk
    >
    > Certaholics

    false-- originated in 1950( I'm not that old)

    nerd32768, Jun 25, 2004
  4. nerd32768

    Chris Guest

    Dr. Suess?

    Chris, Jun 25, 2004
  5. nerd32768

    kpg Guest

    Re: friday trivia

    "nerd32768" <brin{removethis}> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\132318.htm (6/25/2004 11:43:35

    AM) #
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > > nerd32768 wrote:
    > > > what is the origin for the word "nerd"
    > > >
    > > > don't use the dictionary

    > > I believe it originated about 13 years ago...
    > >
    > > --
    > > Fris "What do I win?" bee®, MCNGP #13
    > >
    > > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    > > http://www.mcngp.tk
    > >
    > > Certaholics
    > >

    > false-- originated in 1950( I'm not that old)

    it was a joke!

    what, are you 13?

    kpg, Jun 25, 2004
  6. Re: friday trivia

    nerd32768 wrote:
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    >> nerd32768 wrote:
    >>> what is the origin for the word "nerd"
    >>>
    >>> don't use the dictionary

    >> I believe it originated about 13 years ago...

    > false-- originated in 1950( I'm not that old)

    Apparently my joke sailed (like a Frisbee) right over your head.

    --
    Fris "Happens to me sometimes, too" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 25, 2004
  7. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    Re: friday trivia

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > Dr. Suess?

    Correct. You are today's winner!

    Main Entry: nerd
    Pronunciation: 'n&rd
    Function: noun
    Etymology: perhaps from nerd, a creature in the children's book If I Ran the
    Zoo (1950) by Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel)
    : an unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person; especially : one
    slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits <computer nerds>

    source: http://www.m-w.com

    nerd32768, Jun 25, 2004
  8. nerd32768

    Chris Guest

    Re: friday trivia

    I remember hearing that on TV in one of those "light" news
    moments... probably during the Revenge of the Nerds era.

    ....time to go Box my Gox in yellow Gox Sox.

    Chris, Jun 25, 2004
  9. nerd32768

    Consultant Guest

    Re: friday trivia

    it is a tasty candy made popular in the 80's, sold in a box, with other
    nerds.

    Consultant, Jun 25, 2004