OT: Friday sweetness

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Briscobar, Nov 18, 2005.

  1. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    I was just offered the Network Admin gig. Basically, our Network Admin (who
    also performs other functions, like writing custom programs and stuff...I
    won't be taking that over), who's only here 3 days a week is costing them
    what it would cost me to do it 5 days a week. So, they're going to send me
    back to school for MS training. Some of which I already have, some of which
    I don't. But for the last couple years, I've been shadowing our Network
    Admin, learning as I go, so I've got SOME experience. And it's not like he's
    going to disappear, so I'll still be able to lean on him for advice and help
    when I need it. And the good news is my boss won't be my boss anymore. It's
    definitely a promotion in every sense of the word.

    Abrupt change of plans for this evening: we're goin out drinkin, and I'm
    buyin the first round!

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Be the lucky 12th customer to visit www.mcngp.com, and you can win a bucket
    of salted slugs!

    Briscobar, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Briscobar

    T-Bone Guest

    Re: [OT] Friday sweetness

    "Briscobar" <> wrote
    >I was just offered the Network Admin gig.

    Grats. Hold out for that big salary and corner office.

    I officially start my new position Monday as well, although I've been doing
    it and my old job for the past month.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Briscobar

    kpg Guest

    Briscobar <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178088.htm (11/18/2005
    > 9:18:58 AM) # I was just offered the Network Admin gig. Basically, our
    > Network Admin (who also performs other functions, like writing custom
    > programs and stuff...I won't be taking that over), who's only here 3
    > days a week is costing them what it would cost me to do it 5 days a
    > week. So, they're going to send me back to school for MS training.
    > Some of which I already have, some of which I don't. But for the last
    > couple years, I've been shadowing our Network Admin, learning as I go,
    > so I've got SOME experience. And it's not like he's going to
    > disappear, so I'll still be able to lean on him for advice and help
    > when I need it. And the good news is my boss won't be my boss anymore.
    > It's definitely a promotion in every sense of the word.
    >
    > Abrupt change of plans for this evening: we're goin out drinkin, and
    > I'm buyin the first round!

    Congrats!

    Crawling up the corporate ladder, cool.

    Um, there is a pay raise, right?

    kpg

    kpg, Nov 18, 2005
  4. Briscobar

    CBIC Guest

    Re: Friday sweetness

    > Abrupt change of plans for this evening: we're goin out drinkin, and
    > I'm buyin the first round!

    Congrats, dude. Make mine a Captain and coke.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Nov 18, 2005
  5. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: [OT] Friday sweetness

    T-Bone <reply2me@thenewsgroup> rambled:

    > "Briscobar" <> wrote
    >> I was just offered the Network Admin gig.

    > Grats. Hold out for that big salary and corner office.
    >
    > I officially start my new position Monday as well, although I've been
    > doing it and my old job for the past month.

    Maybe not a corner office, but he said he's gonna get me out of the one I'm
    in now, which I currently share with my boss and another woman. They're
    quite catty. And not in the good way. So I'm happy about that.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com may or may not be a shelter for runaway youths.

    Briscobar, Nov 18, 2005
  6. Re: Friday sweetness

    Sweet, congrats

    --
    Famous last words: "Hey, check this out!"

    Bill McPherson, Nov 18, 2005
  7. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> rambled:

    > Briscobar <> said something like
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178088.htm (11/18/2005
    >> 9:18:58 AM) # I was just offered the Network Admin gig. Basically,
    >> our Network Admin (who also performs other functions, like writing
    >> custom programs and stuff...I won't be taking that over), who's only
    >> here 3 days a week is costing them what it would cost me to do it 5
    >> days a week. So, they're going to send me back to school for MS
    >> training. Some of which I already have, some of which I don't. But
    >> for the last couple years, I've been shadowing our Network Admin,
    >> learning as I go, so I've got SOME experience. And it's not like
    >> he's going to disappear, so I'll still be able to lean on him for
    >> advice and help when I need it. And the good news is my boss won't
    >> be my boss anymore. It's definitely a promotion in every sense of
    >> the word.
    >>
    >> Abrupt change of plans for this evening: we're goin out drinkin, and
    >> I'm buyin the first round!

    > Congrats!
    >
    > Crawling up the corporate ladder, cool.
    >
    > Um, there is a pay raise, right?
    >
    > kpg

    Thanks. Oh yeah, there is definitely a pay raise. Not one to discuss it
    here, but let's just say the preliminary numbers were significant. On top of
    paying for classes, and a raise when I finish class. So yeah, pay raise. Of
    course, there's added responsibility, but eh, it comes with the territory...

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com has a nosebleed from all the coke.

    Briscobar, Nov 18, 2005
  8. Briscobar

    kpg Guest

    Re: [OT] Friday sweetness

    Briscobar <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178100.htm (11/18/2005
    > 9:28:52 AM) # T-Bone <reply2me@thenewsgroup> rambled:
    >>
    >> "Briscobar" <> wrote
    >>> I was just offered the Network Admin gig.

    >> Grats. Hold out for that big salary and corner office.
    >>
    >> I officially start my new position Monday as well, although I've been
    >> doing it and my old job for the past month.

    > Maybe not a corner office, but he said he's gonna get me out of the
    > one I'm in now, which I currently share with my boss and another
    > woman. They're quite catty. And not in the good way. So I'm happy
    > about that.

    Your boss is a WOMAN?!

    HA HA.

    Um, Not that there's anything wrong with that.

    kpg

    kpg, Nov 18, 2005
  9. Briscobar

    LRM Guest

    Re: Friday sweetness

    "Briscobar" <> conveyed good news in message
    >I was just offered the Network Admin gig.

    And the good news is my boss won't be my boss anymore.

    > definitely a promotion in every sense of the word.

    Fabulous!

    LRM
    Good things come to those who wait.

    LRM, Nov 18, 2005
  10. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: [OT] Friday sweetness

    kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> rambled:

    > Briscobar <> said something like
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178100.htm (11/18/2005
    >> 9:28:52 AM) # T-Bone <reply2me@thenewsgroup> rambled:
    >>>
    >>> "Briscobar" <> wrote
    >>>
    >>> Grats. Hold out for that big salary and corner office.
    >>>
    >>> I officially start my new position Monday as well, although I've
    >>> been doing it and my old job for the past month.

    >> Maybe not a corner office, but he said he's gonna get me out of the
    >> one I'm in now, which I currently share with my boss and another
    >> woman. They're quite catty. And not in the good way. So I'm happy
    >> about that.

    > Your boss is a WOMAN?!
    >
    > HA HA.
    >
    > Um, Not that there's anything wrong with that.

    Not for long.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Find the meaning of life at www.mcngp.com. Also, free burritos on
    Thursdays.

    Briscobar, Nov 18, 2005
  11. Briscobar

    LRM Guest

    Re: [OT] Friday sweetness

    "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> remarked inappropriately in message

    > Your boss is a WOMAN?!
    >
    > HA HA.
    >
    > Um, Not that there's anything wrong with that.

    Watch it......

    LRM

    LRM, Nov 18, 2005
  12. Briscobar

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: [OT] Friday sweetness

    "LRM" <> wrote in message

    > "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> remarked inappropriately in message
    >>
    >> Your boss is a WOMAN?!
    >>
    >> HA HA.
    >>
    >> Um, Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    >>

    > Watch it......

    I can think of lots of women I'd love to work for. I even have a form I've
    made up where I waive all rights to sue for sexual harrassment, and I make
    suggestions of how they might want to sexually harrass me.

    Frisbee®, Nov 18, 2005
  13. Briscobar

    kpg Guest

    Re: [OT] Friday sweetness

    LRM <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178107.htm (11/18/2005
    > 9:46:20 AM) #
    >
    > "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> remarked inappropriately in message
    >>
    >> Your boss is a WOMAN?!
    >>
    >> HA HA.
    >>
    >> Um, Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    >>

    > Watch it......
    >
    > LRM

    Hey, I don't mind working under women.

    In fact, I kinda perfer it.

    kpg

    kpg, Nov 18, 2005
  14. Briscobar

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: [OT] Friday sweetness

    "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
    > LRM <> said something like
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178107.htm (11/18/2005
    >> 9:46:20 AM) #
    >>
    >> "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> remarked inappropriately in message
    >>>
    >>> Your boss is a WOMAN?!
    >>>
    >>> HA HA.
    >>>
    >>> Um, Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    >>>

    >> Watch it......
    >>
    >> LRM

    > Hey, I don't mind working under women.
    >
    > In fact, I kinda perfer it.

    If you think that's work, you're not doing it right.

    Frisbee®, Nov 18, 2005
  15. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:

    > I was just offered the Network Admin gig

    Right on! Considering that none of us have jobs, some seem to be doing
    remarkably well!

    Congrats, Ramon.

    *hmmm....time to hit the boss up about that raise. Again.*

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Nov 18, 2005
  16. Briscobar

    kpg Guest

    JaR <> said something like

    > You can see a lot by just looking. ~Yogi Berra

    Oh! I love Yogi Berra quotes.

    kpg, Nov 18, 2005
  17. Briscobar

    MitchS Guest

    Re: Friday sweetness

    Congratulations, salutations, and emancipations. Does this mean you have
    control over the webblocker service now?

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone." - F.

    MitchS, Nov 18, 2005
  18. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:

    >> You can see a lot by just looking. ~Yogi Berra

    > Oh! I love Yogi Berra quotes.

    I know. You could fill a sigmonster with nothing but Yogi.

    I like: "I didn't really say everything I said."

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Nov 18, 2005
  19. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Friday sweetness

    MitchS <> rambled:

    > Congratulations, salutations, and emancipations. Does this mean you
    > have control over the webblocker service now?

    Webblocker? I know not of what you speak.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com owes me 35 bucks.

    Briscobar, Nov 18, 2005
  20. Briscobar

    Consultant Guest

    Re: Friday sweetness

    you need to come on to messenger more often

    Consultant, Nov 18, 2005