OT: Friday Fate

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Frisbee®, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    So I get home tonight and the Winter 2005/6 issue of Spectrum Magazine is in
    my mailbox. Spectrum Magazine is for parents of children with autism and
    developmental disabilities.

    On the cover is the picture of an actor I do not recognize.

    The feature article is called "'Wanted' Man Gary Cole Speaks Out on Autism."

    I'm like "Um, okay, another actor with an autistic child."

    So I read the article. And in the first paragraph I'm informed just who
    this actor is.

    Keep in mind, I've only seen Office Space once, and I missed the first part
    of it. If I ever see it for sale somewhere, I'll be sure to pick it up.
    How was I to know that Gary Cole played "Bill Lumberg" in "Office Space?"

    Gary has a 12-year-old daughter who was diagnosed as autistic at the age of
    18 months. She's twelve now. It's a nice interview. Just that one
    reference to Office Space, though.

    He's also recently starred in a new movie called Mozart and the Whale, which
    I'd heard about but had no idea he was in it. It's a story about two
    autistic adults, and he plays the male adult's boss. The story was written
    by the guy who wrote Rain Man, and is based on a real person.

    Anyway, a shout-out to my bud, Chris, who reads this newsgroup every day
    from work, but rarely ever posts, and also has a daughter with autism.

    Does anyone know how I can get Gary Cole's e-mail or snail mail address or
    if that's even possible?
    Frisbee®, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Frisbee®

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in

    > So I get home tonight and the Winter 2005/6 issue of Spectrum Magazine
    > is in my mailbox. Spectrum Magazine is for parents of children with
    > autism and developmental disabilities.
    >
    > On the cover is the picture of an actor I do not recognize.
    >
    > The feature article is called "'Wanted' Man Gary Cole Speaks Out on
    > Autism."
    >
    > I'm like "Um, okay, another actor with an autistic child."
    >
    > So I read the article. And in the first paragraph I'm informed just
    > who this actor is.
    >
    > Keep in mind, I've only seen Office Space once, and I missed the first
    > part of it. If I ever see it for sale somewhere, I'll be sure to pick
    > it up. How was I to know that Gary Cole played "Bill Lumberg" in
    > "Office Space?"
    >
    > Gary has a 12-year-old daughter who was diagnosed as autistic at the
    > age of 18 months. She's twelve now. It's a nice interview. Just
    > that one reference to Office Space, though.
    >
    > He's also recently starred in a new movie called Mozart and the Whale,
    > which I'd heard about but had no idea he was in it. It's a story
    > about two autistic adults, and he plays the male adult's boss. The
    > story was written by the guy who wrote Rain Man, and is based on a
    > real person.
    >
    > Anyway, a shout-out to my bud, Chris, who reads this newsgroup every
    > day from work, but rarely ever posts, and also has a daughter with
    > autism.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can get Gary Cole's e-mail or snail mail
    > address or if that's even possible?

    try:

    1536 Castle Hayne Rd., - Wilmington, N.C. 28401

    (pulled from google as a publicity address)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Eat Healthy, Exercise, and Die Anyway.
    Neil, Jan 14, 2006