OT: Friday afternoon PEBCAK

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Briscobar, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    Phone rings at 5:01....ring F-ing ring:
    "Ken, hi. I'm having a problem with my computer. Its saying 'inaccessible
    boot device' and some other stuff. Can you come look at it?"
    "Yeah, do you have a floppy disk in the drive?"
    "Uh, no."
    "Hmm. Alright, do you have a CD in the CD drive?"
    "Lemme check.....nope, nothing there, either."
    "This is awesome, I love broken stuff on Friday afternoons. I'll be up in a
    minute."

    So I get up there, find out exactly what she was doing when the problem
    started, blah blah blah. Turns out, there *was* a floppy in the drive, and
    when she went to shut down for the day, she restarted instead of shut down.
    Of course, with a floppy in the drive, this ain't gonna work. Whether she
    realized this or not, she pulled the floppy out while the computer was
    rebooting, but apparently not soon enough. So, when I asked her if there was
    a floppy in the drive, she said no, but she should have told me that there
    *was* one in the drive. Lusers. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

    Needless to say, I changed her password and I feel the flu coming on...I
    might not be in Monday. Sucka!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "*cough* thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    MCNGP members will fix your car, free of charge. Ask us about it at
    www.mcngp.com.

    Briscobar, Mar 11, 2005