    I am going there this summer for a while and this would help friends in
    UK call me.
    Thanks very much.
    ©®, Jan 22, 2007

  2. ©®

    Scope Guest

    ©® wrote:
    > Anyone recommend a site where I can get a free USA virtual number?
    > I am going there this summer for a while and this would help friends in
    > UK call me.
    > Thanks very much.

    Why a US number? Surely if you are going to have VoIP you might aswell
    get a free UK number? So your UK based friends can call you on a local
    rate number, and receive this in the US?
    Scope, Jan 22, 2007

  3. Thus spaketh Scope:
    > ©® wrote:
    >> Anyone recommend a site where I can get a free USA virtual number?
    >> I am going there this summer for a while and this would help friends
    >> in UK call me.
    >> Thanks very much.
    >>

    > Why a US number? Surely if you are going to have VoIP you might aswell
    > get a free UK number? So your UK based friends can call you on a local
    > rate number, and receive this in the US?

    I was about to post the same, would seem the sensible thing to do, a UK
    number for use whilst in the USA.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 22, 2007
  4. ©®

    ©® Guest

    Oops - I already have a UK virtual number here. I need a US one for
    people in USA to call me here. Excuse my miscommunication!
    Thanks
    ©®, Jan 22, 2007
  5. ©®

    Jono Guest

    ©® wrote :
    > Oops - I already have a UK virtual number here. I need a US one for people in
    > USA to call me here. Excuse my miscommunication!
    > Thanks

    IPKall. You need a SIP account in addition with an ITSP.
    Jono, Jan 22, 2007
  6. ©®

    andy Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > ©® wrote :
    > > Oops - I already have a UK virtual number here. I need a US one for people in
    > > USA to call me here. Excuse my miscommunication!
    > > Thanks

    > IPKall. You need a SIP account in addition with an ITSP.

    or Freedigits - also to SIP
    andy, Jan 22, 2007
  7. ©® wrote:
    > Anyone recommend a site where I can get a free USA virtual number?
    > I am going there this summer for a while and this would help friends in
    > UK call me.
    > Thanks very much.

    The two named already are great. I also had good luck w/
    Voicestick.com. Just don't connect it to a PBX.
    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 26, 2007