    If you don't trust majorgeeks then just wait for foxitsoftware to correct
    their mistake.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 30, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    XS11E Guest

    Carlos <> wrote:

    > For those who like this lightweight and fast PDF reader
    > alternative, Foxitsoftware has released a new version 2.2.

    I've been using Sumatra, it has worked perfectly for me, it's free and
    is 802 kbytes! That's NOT a typo, 802 kbytes!

    Talk about small and lightweight.

    http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org

    XS11E, Sep 30, 2007

  3. XS11E:
    Talking about small and lightweight?
    http://www.pdf2exe.com/reader.html
    Cool PDF reader is the name.
    THAT is small.
    655kB, no typo again.

    :)))))
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 30, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Theo Guest

    It appears the links may be corrected. They now point to
    FoxitReader22.

    http://downloads.foxitsoftware.com/foxitreader/FoxitReader22_setup.exe

    http://downloads.foxitsoftware.com/foxitreader/FoxitReader22.zip

    http://downloads.foxitsoftware.com/foxitreader/FoxitReader22.msi

    http://downloads.foxitsoftware.com/foxitreader/FoxitReader22_with_Toolbar.exe

    Theo, Sep 30, 2007
  5. Theo:
    It dependends on which link you click in the main page of
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/
    The one on the left ,under "PDF Tools Family", leads you correctly to v2.2
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
    The other one on the right, under "Downloads", leads you to v2.1
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader_2/down_reader.htm
    Go figure!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 30, 2007
  6. The structure of Internet in mind, everybody may not see the same physical
    page at the same chronological time???

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 30, 2007
  7. Tony:
    After all we live in different time zones, right?
    Could software behave like that?
    Carlos
    P.S.: A rainy and boring day in Rio Grande may lead to these reflections.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 30, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    XS11E Guest

    Carlos <> wrote:

    > XS11E:
    > Talking about small and lightweight?
    > http://www.pdf2exe.com/reader.html
    > Cool PDF reader is the name.
    > THAT is small.
    > 655kB, no typo again.

    Thanks, trying it now.

    XS11E, Sep 30, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    XS11E Guest

    XS11E <> wrote:

    > Carlos <> wrote:
    >
    >> XS11E:
    >> Talking about small and lightweight?
    >> http://www.pdf2exe.com/reader.html
    >> Cool PDF reader is the name.
    >> THAT is small.
    >> 655kB, no typo again.

    > Thanks, trying it now.

    Seems about the same as Sumatra but has an unpleasant (to me, anyway)
    XP type of interface...

    XS11E, Sep 30, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Rainy and boring here too, though you are entering spring and I am starting
    to see snow at the higher elevation, about another month and snow on the
    ground here too. Time to trade in bicycling for hiking into the hills. The
    bear and cougar population has seemed to increase about 20 times this year
    so caution will be advised. Thanks for your pdf updates.

    John Barnes, Sep 30, 2007
  11. XS11E:
    That's why I use foxit's pdfreader.
    I was just bragging about who knows the smallest pdf reader!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 30, 2007
  12. John:
    You are welcome and, thanks to you, I have learnt a new word in English:
    "cougar" which happens to be "puma" in Spanish.
    The very nickname of the argentinean rugby team that has just beaten Ireland
    in Paris!
    Go, cougars, go!
    In Argentina we would say:
    "Aguanten los pumas, carajo!"
    I am sure you will find someone close to you that will gladly make the
    translation.
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 30, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Allan Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > John:
    > You are welcome and, thanks to you, I have learnt a new word in English:
    > "cougar" which happens to be "puma" in Spanish.
    > The very nickname of the argentinean rugby team that has just beaten
    > Ireland
    > in Paris!
    > Go, cougars, go!
    > In Argentina we would say:
    > "Aguanten los pumas, carajo!"
    > I am sure you will find someone close to you that will gladly make the
    > translation.
    > :)
    > Carlos
    >

    > "John Barnes" wrote:
    >
    >> Rainy and boring here too, though you are entering spring and I am
    >> starting
    >> to see snow at the higher elevation, about another month and snow on the
    >> ground here too. Time to trade in bicycling for hiking into the hills.
    >> The
    >> bear and cougar population has seemed to increase about 20 times this
    >> year
    >> so caution will be advised. Thanks for your pdf updates.
    >>

    >> "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    >> > Tony:
    >> > After all we live in different time zones, right?
    >> > Could software behave like that?
    >> > Carlos
    >> > P.S.: A rainy and boring day in Rio Grande may lead to these
    >> > reflections.

    I knew that ! And I thought "Puma" was a shoe company in Germany. Seriously,
    to Carlos and everyone else it would be nice if MS would start a x64 NG for
    Spanish native speakers rather than make them post to xp.es or vista
    newsgroups. I think it is fair to say that this NG has been a success.

    Allan, Oct 1, 2007
  14. Allan:
    Call it globalization.
    Puma is also a brand in Argentina for shoes and clothing.
    You will see the "puma" animal (cougar) drawing on some T-shirts.
    Regarding the Spanish NG suggestion I must say that I feel quite comfortable
    here.
    Guys from all around the world post without English being even their native
    language.
    That mix makes this NG more valuable because of the different views that
    different cultures give us on the different issues discussed here.
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 1, 2007