    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 18, 2010

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Kue2 Guest

    Charlie u a canuck?

    Kue2, Jun 18, 2010

  3. Yup. Moved here >6 years ago, citizen since December.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2010
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Drew Guest

    As I am from there and now In Reno Nv, where did you start Charlie?

    Drew, Jun 19, 2010
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Kue2 Guest

    Charlie
    I'm in Ontario, just 30 mins from Ottawa.

    Kue2, Jun 19, 2010
  6. Charlie Russel - MVP

    XS11E Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote:

    > OK, it's too quiet here, so time to stir things up. As a former US
    > resident, I suppose I _should_ be rooting for the US, but can't
    > really see myself doing that somehow. And obviously the only
    > Canadian involved is a ref, so not much to root for there. So I
    > guess I'll have to fall back on South Africa as my faint hope, and
    > Argentina as the reality I can root for in support of our Carlos.
    > ;)

    No matter how hard I try I cannot develop any interest at all.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Jun 19, 2010
  7. Robert Aldwinckle, Jun 19, 2010
  8. Detroit, then NYC, then California for >15 years. Now on the Sunshine
    Coast. -)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2010
  9. Brother is back there. I"m on the Wet Coast.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2010
  10. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2010
  11. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Drew Guest

    Ottawa and Toronto Canada then Cocoa beach Florida, Omro Wisconsin, San
    Jose Ca. and now Reno.

    Drew, Jun 19, 2010
  12. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    Thanks for your support.
    I hope that Argentina will make it to the finals.
    It only takes 7 matches and you gotta win them all.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 19, 2010
  13. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Drew Guest

    Kue2.. so are we talking Stittsville, Kanata Richmond or opposite direction?

    Drew, Jun 19, 2010
  14. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Kue2 Guest

    Arnprior

    Kue2, Jun 20, 2010
  15. It's been an odd Cup so far, with some upsets and a lot of very low scoring
    games. I don't want to point fingers, but THAT BALL comes to mind.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 20, 2010
  16. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Drew Guest

    You know back when I lived there, Arnprior was a bare minimum hour away.
    Then again the Queensway stopped well before Kanata and it was 2 lane
    blacktop the rest of the way. I left Ottawa in 76 but I still have 2
    brothers there.

    Drew, Jun 20, 2010
  17. Charlie Russel - MVP

    John Turco Guest

    XS11E wrote:

    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote:
    >
    > > OK, it's too quiet here, so time to stir things up. As a former US
    > > resident, I suppose I _should_ be rooting for the US, but can't
    > > really see myself doing that somehow. And obviously the only
    > > Canadian involved is a ref, so not much to root for there. So I
    > > guess I'll have to fall back on South Africa as my faint hope, and
    > > Argentina as the reality I can root for in support of our Carlos.
    > > ;)

    > No matter how hard I try I cannot develop any interest at all.

    Nor can I. After all, the >real< championship game of "football"
    was already played, nearly five months ago:

    Super Bowl XLIV (44), Miami, Florida, U.S.A.

    (Sunday, February 7, 2010)

    Results - New Orleans Saints 31, Indianapolis Colts 17

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 25, 2010
  18. Charlie Russel - MVP

    XS11E Guest

    John Turco <> wrote:

    > XS11E wrote:
    >> No matter how hard I try I cannot develop any interest at all.

    > Nor can I. After all, the >real< championship game of "football"
    > was already played, nearly five months ago:

    I suspect I don't have any interest in soccer for the same reason I
    have no interest in ice hockey, it's very hard to follow on TV (the
    camera is often aimed at the wrong place), I don't understand the rules
    or penalties.

    But you gotta admire a 'sport' where fans will follow a referee to his
    home and beat him to death for a bad call, where dozens of fans are
    killed by other fans rooting for the other side, where....... etc. etc.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Jun 25, 2010
  19. Re: Fooball

    Argentian through to the quarterfinals! Well done.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 27, 2010
  20. Re: Fooball

    wish I could type...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 27, 2010