    get the gist. Where can I go to get this kind of stuff cheaply?

    TIA,

    Dave

    Dave Day, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Dave Day wrote:

    > I've got a fancy dress party just before christmas. I want to go a justin
    > hawkins from the darkness, ozzy osbourne, marc bolan, or dressed something
    > like them. Long coat, shirt with "ruff" on the front, top hat (maybe!?). You
    > get the gist. Where can I go to get this kind of stuff cheaply?

    Uh...a costume shop?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue -- beat Ohio State and it's off to the Rose Bowl again.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Dave Day

    trout Guest

    Dave Day wrote:

    > I've got a fancy dress party just before christmas. I want to go a
    > justin hawkins from the darkness, ozzy osbourne, marc bolan, or
    > dressed something like them. Long coat, shirt with "ruff" on the
    > front, top hat (maybe!?). You get the gist. Where can I go to get
    > this kind of stuff cheaply?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Dave

    Check the yellow pages for clothing/suit rentals.
    --
    "You may find interesting things in the pockets."

    trout, Nov 14, 2004
  4. Dave Day

    Dave Day Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Dave Day wrote:
    >
    > > I've got a fancy dress party just before christmas. I want to go a

    justin
    > > hawkins from the darkness, ozzy osbourne, marc bolan, or dressed

    something
    > > like them. Long coat, shirt with "ruff" on the front, top hat (maybe!?).

    You
    > > get the gist. Where can I go to get this kind of stuff cheaply?

    > Uh...a costume shop?
    >
    > --
    > Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >
    > Go Blue -- beat Ohio State and it's off to the Rose Bowl again.

    None of them around here have them. Online I can't find any that are half
    decent. care to expand on your answer?

    Dave Day, Nov 15, 2004
  5. Dave Day

    Dave Day Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > Dave Day wrote:
    >
    > > I've got a fancy dress party just before christmas. I want to go a
    > > justin hawkins from the darkness, ozzy osbourne, marc bolan, or
    > > dressed something like them. Long coat, shirt with "ruff" on the
    > > front, top hat (maybe!?). You get the gist. Where can I go to get
    > > this kind of stuff cheaply?
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > >
    > > Dave

    > Check the yellow pages for clothing/suit rentals.
    > --
    > "You may find interesting things in the pockets."

    None of them around here have much. Hence my search online. I don't mind
    buying as long as it's not a rip off.

    Dave Day, Nov 15, 2004
  6. Dave Day wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Dave Day wrote:

    >> > I've got a fancy dress party just before christmas. I want to go a

    > justin
    >> > hawkins from the darkness, ozzy osbourne, marc bolan, or dressed

    > something
    >> > like them. Long coat, shirt with "ruff" on the front, top hat (maybe!?).

    > You
    >> > get the gist. Where can I go to get this kind of stuff cheaply?

    >> Uh...a costume shop?

    > None of them around here have them. Online I can't find any that are half
    > decent. care to expand on your answer?

    There's no expansion: my suggestion didn't work for your location. Good luck.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 15, 2004
  7. Dave Day

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Dave Day wrote:
    |
    | > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    | > justin
    | > something
    | > You
    |
    | >> Uh...a costume shop?
    |
    | > None of them around here have them. Online I can't find any that are
    half
    | > decent. care to expand on your answer?
    |
    | There's no expansion: my suggestion didn't work for your location. Good
    luck.

    If there's no expansion, you might try spandex...

    Toolman Tim, Nov 15, 2004
  8. Dave Day

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Dave Day" <> wrote in message

    | "trout" <> wrote in message
    | > Dave Day wrote:
    | >
    | > > I've got a fancy dress party just before christmas. I want to go a
    | > > justin hawkins from the darkness, ozzy osbourne, marc bolan, or
    | > > dressed something like them. Long coat, shirt with "ruff" on the
    | > > front, top hat (maybe!?). You get the gist. Where can I go to get
    | > > this kind of stuff cheaply?
    | > >
    | > > TIA,
    | > >
    | > > Dave
    | >
    | > Check the yellow pages for clothing/suit rentals.
    | > --
    | > "You may find interesting things in the pockets."
    | >

    | None of them around here have much. Hence my search online. I don't mind
    | buying as long as it's not a rip off.

    Go rent a stinkin' tux...

    Toolman Tim, Nov 15, 2004
  9. Dave Day

    Aunt Agatha Guest

    http://www.magicmakers.com/cgi-bin/search/search.pl?Terms=tuxedo
    or, for orginality's sake:
    http://www.tragicomica.it/
    HTH
    Aunt Agatha

    "Toolman Tim" <> schreef in bericht

    Aunt Agatha, Nov 15, 2004
  10. Dave Day

    gangle Guest

    "Toolman Tim" wrote
    > "Dave Day" wrote

    > | > Check the yellow pages for clothing/suit rentals.
    > | > --
    > | > "You may find interesting things in the pockets."
    > | >

    > | None of them around here have much. Hence my search online. I don't mind
    > | buying as long as it's not a rip off.
    > |
    > Go rent a stinkin' tux...

    I have some stinkin' underpants for rent or sale.

    gangle, Nov 15, 2004
  11. gangle wrote:

    > "Toolman Tim" wrote
    >
    >>"Dave Day" wrote
    >>| "trout" wrote

    >>| None of them around here have much. Hence my search online. I don't mind
    >>| buying as long as it's not a rip off.
    >>|
    >>Go rent a stinkin' tux...

    > I have some stinkin' underpants for rent or sale.

    If they're the ones I left over there, you can post them back to me at
    your expense.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 15, 2004
  12. Dave Day

    gangle Guest

    "Rôgêr" wrote
    > gangle wrote:
    >
    > > "Toolman Tim" wrote
    > >
    > >>"Dave Day" wrote

    > >>Go rent a stinkin' tux...

    > > I have some stinkin' underpants for rent or sale.

    > If they're the ones I left over there, you can post them back to me at
    > your expense.

    If I did that, I'd have to do it for everyone else. You can have
    them back for the standard $29.95 handling fee.

    gangle, Nov 15, 2004
  13. Dave Day

    Gort Guest

    gangle wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim" wrote
    >
    >>"Dave Day" wrote
    >>| "trout" wrote

    >>| None of them around here have much. Hence my search online. I don't mind
    >>| buying as long as it's not a rip off.
    >>|
    >>Go rent a stinkin' tux...

    > I have some stinkin' underpants for rent or sale.

    I'm thinking they should be put up for sail instead.
    ;-)

    inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
    how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.

    Gort, Nov 15, 2004