    sessions. May be interesting.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 29, 2004

  2. ~misfit~

    Collector_NZ Guest

    ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 14:05:

    > I see the Belgian GP is on channel two this evening, coverage starts at
    > 11:30pm, race start at midnight.
    >
    > Another Schumacher benefit? I see Jarno Trulli is on pole, Schumy in second,
    > Alonso and Coulthard 3rd and 4th. A lot of rain through the practice
    > sessions. May be interesting.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    HAve you seen turn 1 on that track it is a beaut, it will interesting I
    hope. Michael (may the GP gods smile) will have to be carefull he dosnt
    get driven over in that one.

    --
    Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
    governed by those who are dumber.
    Collector_NZ, Aug 29, 2004

  3. Re: F1 on tonight.

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > I see the Belgian GP is on channel two this evening, coverage starts
    > at 11:30pm, race start at midnight.

    Wasn't last years' Belgian GP the crash feast in the rain ?

    Oh well, put feet up time and watch. :)

    ~!@#$%^&*()_+

    Homer: "I'm not a religious man, but if you're out the Superman, save me !"
    ..Waylon Smithers.., Aug 29, 2004
  4. ~misfit~

    Dogg Guest

    Re: F1 on tonight.

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:31:02 +1200, "..Waylon Smithers.."
    <.> wrote:

    <snip>

    >Homer: "I'm not a religious man, but if you're out there Superman, save me !"

    That should read

    Homer: I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save
    me Superman!"
    Dogg, Aug 29, 2004
  5. ~misfit~

    GraB Guest

    <.> wrote:

    >~misfit~ wrote:
    >> I see the Belgian GP is on channel two this evening, coverage starts
    >> at 11:30pm, race start at midnight.

    >Wasn't last years' Belgian GP the crash feast in the rain ?
    >
    >Oh well, put feet up time and watch. :)

    Trulli got pole because he went to medium wets in qualifying. Could
    be interesting race.
    GraB, Aug 29, 2004
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: F1 on tonight.

    GraB wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:31:02 +1200, "..Waylon Smithers.."
    > <.> wrote:
    >
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> I see the Belgian GP is on channel two this evening, coverage starts
    >>> at 11:30pm, race start at midnight.

    >> Wasn't last years' Belgian GP the crash feast in the rain ?
    >>
    >> Oh well, put feet up time and watch. :)

    > Trulli got pole because he went to medium wets in qualifying. Could
    > be interesting race.

    I hope so. I don't think we've had a truly 'interesting race' this year,
    although I did miss a couple, Monaco being one of them.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 29, 2004
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 14:05:
    >
    >> I see the Belgian GP is on channel two this evening, coverage starts
    >> at 11:30pm, race start at midnight.
    >>
    >> Another Schumacher benefit? I see Jarno Trulli is on pole, Schumy in
    >> second, Alonso and Coulthard 3rd and 4th. A lot of rain through the
    >> practice sessions. May be interesting.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > HAve you seen turn 1 on that track it is a beaut, it will interesting
    > I hope. Michael (may the GP gods smile) will have to be carefull he
    > dosnt get driven over in that one.

    Yep, it's a bit of a bottle-neck at the start, I'm looking forward to it.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 29, 2004
  8. ~misfit~

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Re: F1 on tonight.

    ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 18:30:

    > GraB wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:31:02 +1200, "..Waylon Smithers.."
    >><.> wrote:

    >>>Wasn't last years' Belgian GP the crash feast in the rain ?
    >>>
    >>>Oh well, put feet up time and watch. :)

    >>Trulli got pole because he went to medium wets in qualifying. Could
    >>be interesting race.

    > I hope so. I don't think we've had a truly 'interesting race' this year,
    > although I did miss a couple, Monaco being one of them.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    The GP Gods smiled at Monaco :cool:

    Collector_NZ, Aug 29, 2004
  9. ~misfit~

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Re: F1 on tonight.

    ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 18:30:

    > GraB wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:31:02 +1200, "..Waylon Smithers.."
    >><.> wrote:

    >>>Wasn't last years' Belgian GP the crash feast in the rain ?
    >>>
    >>>Oh well, put feet up time and watch. :)

    >>Trulli got pole because he went to medium wets in qualifying. Could
    >>be interesting race.

    > I hope so. I don't think we've had a truly 'interesting race' this year,
    > although I did miss a couple, Monaco being one of them.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Are you doing the Nescafe F1 competition?

    Collector_NZ, Aug 29, 2004
  10. ~misfit~

    Craig Sutton Guest

    Re: F1 on tonight.

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > I see the Belgian GP is on channel two this evening, coverage starts at
    > 11:30pm, race start at midnight.
    >
    > Another Schumacher benefit? I see Jarno Trulli is on pole, Schumy in

    second,
    > Alonso and Coulthard 3rd and 4th. A lot of rain through the practice
    > sessions. May be interesting.

    If you have Star Sports you can the watch qualifying the other night live as
    well!
    Craig Sutton, Aug 29, 2004
  11. On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:32:13 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Collector_NZ wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 14:05:
    >>
    >>> I see the Belgian GP is on channel two this evening, coverage starts
    >>> at 11:30pm, race start at midnight.
    >>>
    >>> Another Schumacher benefit? I see Jarno Trulli is on pole, Schumy in
    >>> second, Alonso and Coulthard 3rd and 4th. A lot of rain through the
    >>> practice sessions. May be interesting.
    >>> --
    >>> ~misfit~
    >>>

    >> HAve you seen turn 1 on that track it is a beaut, it will interesting
    >> I hope. Michael (may the GP gods smile) will have to be carefull he
    >> dosnt get driven over in that one.

    >Yep, it's a bit of a bottle-neck at the start, I'm looking forward to it.

    I'll be going to bed at 12:01. After the exciting start, it'll be two
    annoying hours until the inevitable red win. I think there's a strong
    argument that Schumacher has had a negative impact on the sport.

    Bye,
    James
    James McLaughlin, Aug 29, 2004
  12. ~misfit~

    Collector_NZ Guest

    ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 14:05:

    > I see the Belgian GP is on channel two this evening, coverage starts at
    > 11:30pm, race start at midnight.
    >
    > Another Schumacher benefit? I see Jarno Trulli is on pole, Schumy in second,
    > Alonso and Coulthard 3rd and 4th. A lot of rain through the practice
    > sessions. May be interesting.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Interesting that we post in a comp group instead of General about a
    Motor Race, perhaps I am not the only one who feels the signal to noise
    ratio is a bit of in NZ.GENERAL

    Collector_NZ, Aug 29, 2004
  13. In message <>, Collector_NZ
    <> wrote:

    >Interesting that we post in a comp group instead of General about a
    >Motor Race, perhaps I am not the only one who feels the signal to noise
    >ratio is a bit of in NZ.GENERAL

    Why not nz.rec or nz.tech, either of which would be appropriate and
    have low traffic.

    --
    R.G. "Stumpy" Marsh.
    R. G. 'Stumpy' Marsh, Aug 29, 2004
  14. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: F1 on tonight.

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 18:30:
    >
    >> GraB wrote:

    >>> Trulli got pole because he went to medium wets in qualifying. Could
    >>> be interesting race.

    >> I hope so. I don't think we've had a truly 'interesting race' this
    >> year, although I did miss a couple, Monaco being one of them.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > Are you doing the Nescafe F1 competition?

    I sent one text off and meant to look at the website but didn't get around
    to it. Might have a look in a few minutes.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 29, 2004
  15. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    R. G. 'Stumpy' Marsh wrote:
    > In message <>, Collector_NZ
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Interesting that we post in a comp group instead of General about a
    >> Motor Race, perhaps I am not the only one who feels the signal to
    >> noise ratio is a bit of in NZ.GENERAL

    I subscribed to nz.general for all of two weeks before I decided it was a
    waste of time. A few big egos and a lot of bullshit, not much else.

    > Why not nz.rec or nz.tech, either of which would be appropriate and
    > have low traffic.

    Because I know for a fact that there are quite a few F1 followers here and I
    don't know if they read the other groups. I don't think it's a big deal is
    it?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 29, 2004
  16. ~misfit~

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Re: F1 on tonight.

    ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 21:42:

    > Collector_NZ wrote:
    >
    >>~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 18:30:

    >>>I hope so. I don't think we've had a truly 'interesting race' this
    >>>year, although I did miss a couple, Monaco being one of them.
    >>>--
    >>>~misfit~
    >>>

    >>Are you doing the Nescafe F1 competition?

    > I sent one text off and meant to look at the website but didn't get around
    > to it. Might have a look in a few minutes.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Your behind me then Got 16 entries (2 x 4 x 4 on the website) Wife and I
    are doing it. Wonder how much competition there is.

    Collector_NZ, Aug 29, 2004
  17. ~misfit~

    Collector_NZ Guest

    R. G. 'Stumpy' Marsh said the following on 29/08/2004 21:17:

    > In message <>, Collector_NZ
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Interesting that we post in a comp group instead of General about a
    >>Motor Race, perhaps I am not the only one who feels the signal to noise
    >>ratio is a bit of in NZ.GENERAL

    > Why not nz.rec or nz.tech, either of which would be appropriate and
    > have low traffic.

    Probably because Misfit and I are already here and have found no descent
    from the users here like in NZ General

    Collector_NZ, Aug 29, 2004
  18. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: F1 on tonight.

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 21:42:
    >
    >> Collector_NZ wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Are you doing the Nescafe F1 competition?

    >> I sent one text off and meant to look at the website but didn't get
    >> around to it. Might have a look in a few minutes.
    >>

    > Your behind me then Got 16 entries (2 x 4 x 4 on the website) Wife
    > and I are doing it. Wonder how much competition there is.

    I just entered on the website. I knew the answers to the four questions (but
    Googled them anyway to be sure). I was then told I have five entries. How
    did you get so many? Are some under the wife's name from the site?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 29, 2004
  19. ~misfit~

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Re: F1 on tonight.

    ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 22:16:

    > Collector_NZ wrote:
    >
    >>~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 21:42:

    >>>I sent one text off and meant to look at the website but didn't get
    >>>around to it. Might have a look in a few minutes.
    >>>

    >>Your behind me then Got 16 entries (2 x 4 x 4 on the website) Wife
    >> and I are doing it. Wonder how much competition there is.

    > I just entered on the website. I knew the answers to the four questions (but
    > Googled them anyway to be sure). I was then told I have five entries. How
    > did you get so many? Are some under the wife's name from the site?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    This is the fourth week of the competition so wife has 4 sets of four as
    do I in your case your txt entry has been added to your web entries to
    give you 5.

    Collector_NZ, Aug 29, 2004
  20. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: F1 on tonight.

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 29/08/2004 22:16:
    >
    >> Collector_NZ wrote:

    >>> Your behind me then Got 16 entries (2 x 4 x 4 on the website) Wife
    >>> and I are doing it. Wonder how much competition there is.

    >> I just entered on the website. I knew the answers to the four
    >> questions (but Googled them anyway to be sure). I was then told I
    >> have five entries. How did you get so many? Are some under the
    >> wife's name from the site? --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > This is the fourth week of the competition so wife has 4 sets of four
    > as do I in your case your txt entry has been added to your web
    > entries to give you 5.

    Ahh, got it now. I hope they give me plenty of warning when I win, my
    passport is out-of-date and the missus doesn't even have one. It'll take a
    while to save up enough to get those. ;-)
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 29, 2004