OT: Exam Insurance Date Extended

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood, Mar 4, 2007.

  1. Michael D. Alligood, Mar 4, 2007

  2. Michael D. Alligood, Mar 4, 2007

  3. Michael D. Alligood

    Chris Lehr Guest

    Re: Exam Insurance Date Extended

    Has anyone actually got insurance to work?

    The people in our local New Horizons didnt know how to make that happen.
    And of course, the link for the insurance has never worked for me either:

    http://www.newhorizons.com/content/error.htm?aspxerrorpath=/content/courses0.aspx

    An unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    The site administrator has been notified and the error will be corrected as
    soon as possible.

    Chris Lehr, Mar 5, 2007
  4. Michael D. Alligood

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day "Michael D. Alligood" <> did
    cause the electrons to come together and form the following words:

    > Apologies I meant to multi-post this.

    So you did, but why take people to your site, when all they need is the MS
    link? Other than to generate traffic on your site?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/insurance/default.mspx

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    TBone, Mar 5, 2007
  5. Is this actually extended or is it a new offer?? If they have extended the
    offer MS should atleast ensure that people who took up the offer the first
    time aroung have actually got their subscription.
    --
    I''''m Running the London Marathon in April 2007 for The Childrens Trust.

    Please sponsor me at http://www.justgiving.com/fraserscott

    Fraser Scott, MCP, Mar 5, 2007
  6. I point them to my site because I normally blog it first. Then I share
    the info with those thru the newsgroups. Never thought of a reason to
    generate traffic to my blog. Seems pointless for what I blog about :) I
    am just trying to keep those informed!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 5, 2007
  7. Re: Exam Insurance Date Extended

    Chris Lehr wrote:
    > Has anyone actually got insurance to work?
    >
    > The people in our local New Horizons didnt know how to make that happen.
    > And of course, the link for the insurance has never worked for me either:
    >
    > http://www.newhorizons.com/content/error.htm?aspxerrorpath=/content/courses0.aspx
    >
    > An unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    > The site administrator has been notified and the error will be corrected as
    > soon as possible.

    >> Apologies I meant to multi-post this.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael D. Alligood
    >> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    >> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    >> CIW Certified Instructor
    >>
    >> http://yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
    >>

    >> "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Visit my blog for details.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Michael D. Alligood
    >>> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    >>> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    >>> CIW Certified Instructor
    >>>
    >>> http://yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

    I find it odd that in my state there are only 3 testing centers that the
    microsoft site says is offering this, and 2 of them are 100 miles away,
    the third is about 30 miles away. This considering there are dozens of
    pearson vue and prometric testing centers within 10 miles of here.
    Red Swingline Stapler, Mar 6, 2007
  8. Michael D. Alligood

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: Exam Insurance Date Extended

    Red Swingline Stapler piffled away vaguely:

    > I find it odd that in my state there are only 3 testing centers that the
    > microsoft site says is offering this, and 2 of them are 100 miles away,
    > the third is about 30 miles away. This considering there are dozens of
    > pearson vue and prometric testing centers within 10 miles of here.

    Yes, they are out to get you. Watch out for men in plain black suits
    with RayBans and black helicopters flying over your house.

    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Mar 6, 2007
  9. Michael D. Alligood

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    > Yes, they are out to get you. Watch out for men in plain black suits
    > with RayBans and black helicopters flying over your house.

    ....and Pugs named Frank!
    BD[MCNGP], Mar 6, 2007
  10. Re: Exam Insurance Date Extended

    BD[MCNGP] wrote:

    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Yes, they are out to get you. Watch out for men in plain black suits
    >> with RayBans and black helicopters flying over your house.
    >>

    > ...and Pugs named Frank!

    Hmm, is Bill the king of the "shadow government" that monitor's our
    thoughts and testing facilities?
    Red Swingline Stapler, Mar 6, 2007
  11. Michael D. Alligood

    vetaldj Guest

    Guys, can you please explaine me the benefits of exam insurance?

    Here's my understanding:
    I bought insurance for $175. Then I paid $125 for first exam.
    1. Let's say I fail. And I have next exam free (but it's not free - you paid
    for it $175 already as insurance, didn't you?). Total cost for 2 attempts:
    $175+$125=$300 instead of $250.
    2. You pass and you have 20% off next exam. You paid for 2 exams
    $175+$125+$100=$400 instead of $250.

    Am I miss something or what?

    Thanks

    vetaldj, Mar 9, 2007
  12. The $175 includes your first exam. You do not have to purchase the exam
    insurance for $175 AND $125 for the Microsoft exam.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 9, 2007
  13. Not sure, but it is a hot topic now because of the TechNet Direct
    subscription. However with the delay individuals are experiencing in
    getting access to their subscription, it is not worth it IMHO.

    Exam Insurance has its advantages tho. It is good for those individuals
    who know the objectives, but have never been a good test taker.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 9, 2007
  14. Michael D. Alligood

    Jtyc Guest

    What the heck does anyone need with exam insurance?
    Jtyc, Mar 9, 2007
  15. Michael D. Alligood

    CBIC Guest

    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP,

    Tee Hee,Chuckle, Snort
    CBIC, Mar 9, 2007
  16. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Exam Insurance has its advantages tho. It is good for those individuals
    >who know the objectives, but have never been a good test taker.

    by 'never been a good test taker' you mean such people who are unable
    to point/click and drag/drop using a mouse or people that have
    problems getting to the test center!!!

    I mean, the format of these tests is so easy that even a retarded
    OranguTan[man] would have no difficulty understanding the procedure
    for taking these type of tests, you don't even have 'write'
    anything!!!

    As for 'those individuals who know the objectives', they'll pass the
    test. If they don't, well, they never knew the material as well as
    they thought. After all the damn answers are given to you for heavens
    sake.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 12, 2007
  17. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >What the heck does anyone need with exam insurance?

    you're at the test center taking your exam when the roof collapses,
    then what you going to do, ugh, think about.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 12, 2007
  18. Michael D. Alligood

    Jtyc Guest

    > you're at the test center taking your exam when the roof collapses,
    > then what you going to do, ugh, think about.

    I'll just have to risk it.
    Jtyc, Mar 12, 2007
  19. Michael D. Alligood

    kpg Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news:p:

    >>Exam Insurance has its advantages tho. It is good for those individuals
    >>who know the objectives, but have never been a good test taker.

    > by 'never been a good test taker' you mean such people who are unable
    > to point/click and drag/drop using a mouse or people that have
    > problems getting to the test center!!!
    >
    > I mean, the format of these tests is so easy that even a retarded
    > OranguTan[man] would have no difficulty understanding the procedure
    > for taking these type of tests, you don't even have 'write'
    > anything!!!
    >
    > As for 'those individuals who know the objectives', they'll pass the
    > test. If they don't, well, they never knew the material as well as
    > they thought. After all the damn answers are given to you for heavens
    > sake.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Insurance - of all sorts - is designed to prey upon your fears.
    It is a proven technique for extracting money from your wallet.

    That's not to say there is no benefit to it, if you are planning
    to fail then it's worth it.

    Many people do suffer from "Test Anxiety", but I submit that
    these types of individuals will do poorly in a job that requires
    an MCSE,

    If you don't work well under the pressure of a test situation, how
    the heck are you going to get the server back on line with your boss,
    your job, and the companies third quarter earnings all hanging over
    your head?

    MCSE tests should be given in an environment similar to the one
    used by astronauts in "The Right Stuff", No sleep for three days,
    sirens, lights, and steam jets going off in your face - while dozens
    of suits and lusers scream at you.

    Hey, I just got an idea for an MCSE boot camp!

    0x22
    kpg, Mar 12, 2007
  20. Michael D. Alligood

    JaR Guest