    stick the "[gp]" marker into the Subject field when responding to
    the nutcase and his/her aliases and copycats. And even more thanks
    to those who refrain from responding to this sillyness!

    Gisle Hannemyr, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Gisle Hannemyr

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Gisle Hannemyr" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > lately escalated to spamlike proportions. Many thanks to those who
    > stick the "[gp]" marker into the Subject field when responding to
    > the nutcase and his/her aliases and copycats. And even more thanks

    Nutcase? Nah, George, or sg10.3, or whatever alias you like to select, is
    our resident comedian. I haven't plonked him because I enjoy a good laugh.
    If you ever get a chance to gaze upon his work do so in awe and wonder. I
    suspect he is actually a Canon employee who was parachuted in to this NG to
    spread lies and disinformation about Sigma cameras, thus turning them away
    from the name and in the Canon direction.

    Alan D-W, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

    > After I've set up my newsreader to ignore threads where the subject
    > line contains at least one of substrings "sigma" "sd10" "foveon" and
    > "[gp]", the signal/noise ratio of this group has improved
    > considerably.
    >
    > This is the first time in more than ten years of Usenet participation
    > I've resorted to use this feature in my newsreader. I really deplore
    > filtering messages, but the bizarre controversy surrounding Foveon
    > technology (i.e. the Foveon-trolls /and/ those who feed them) has
    > lately escalated to spamlike proportions. Many thanks to those who
    > stick the "[gp]" marker into the Subject field when responding to
    > the nutcase and his/her aliases and copycats. And even more thanks
    > to those who refrain from responding to this sillyness!

    I think I was the only one to put in [GP] in the subject line, and I am
    glad to know it's been useful to a number of readers.

    But that was then; and this is..... or, well, I have a bit of a
    different "take" on this, as a large number of folks have given
    themselves the pleasure of spoofing or impersonating GP, as "he" is able
    to get a rise almost every time. That adds to the count on responses to
    trolling, so someone thinks he's winning something or other.

    Whether the "real" GP is Steve G., or whomever, only if he posts the
    on-the-surface "helpful" info is it at all worth responding, and that
    only to save the new person time and trouble sorting it all out.

    --

    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Jun 27, 2004