    but they will refund my money once received.

    How shall I do this

    cheers Dave

    Dragon, May 8, 2004

  2. Dragon

    midge Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    news:dsVmc.13645$...
    > Hi just a quickie guy and dolls
    >
    > I have got to send a dvd boxset back to DVD soon in Canada from the UK for

    > replacement but has anyone done this before and tell me the best way like

    do
    > I need to send it recorded or just normal post. Its not very heavy I

    think
    > but they will refund my money once received.
    >
    > How shall I do this
    >
    > cheers Dave

    Have you already ok'd this with them? Did they not give you instructions?
    Might be worth looking at the dvdsoon section of Dvdswaps,
    Sometimes they dont even ask you to send it back.

    Midge

    midge, May 8, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Biz Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi just a quickie guy and dolls
    >
    > I have got to send a dvd boxset back to DVD soon in Canada from the UK for

    > replacement but has anyone done this before and tell me the best way like

    do
    > I need to send it recorded or just normal post. Its not very heavy I

    think
    > but they will refund my money once received.
    >
    > How shall I do this
    >
    > cheers Dave

    maybe I'm just differnent, but I would find out what their return policy is
    and use that.

    Biz, May 8, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Haans Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi just a quickie guy and dolls
    >
    > I have got to send a dvd boxset back to DVD soon in Canada from the UK for

    > replacement but has anyone done this before and tell me the best way like

    do
    > I need to send it recorded or just normal post. Its not very heavy I

    think
    > but they will refund my money once received.
    >
    > How shall I do this
    >
    > cheers Dave

    From DVDSoon's terms:

    "At our sole discretion, depending on the reason the item was returned,
    DVDSoon.com will either issue a reship or a coupon redeemable for the amount
    of the item and shipping fees. Please note that the maximum redeemable
    amount of shipping fees is $ 32.00 CAD/kilogram.
    In order to carry out a return, a RMA (Request Manufacturer's Authorization)
    must be issued within the 45 days following the reception of the item(s).
    This allows us to know that you are returning an item and enables us to
    process your request faster.
    However, please note that it is your responsibility to make sure you comply
    with the conditions stated above. If you are not sure, you need to contact
    us. If we refuse a return because it is not compliant, we will not ship back
    your product and no credit will be issued."

    So, did you get an RMA from them? That's usually how it works, you send them
    an e-mail stating the problem, they send you an e-mail providing a solution
    (instructions on how to return the goods).

    Why do you ask in the NG when only DVDSoon can answer? ;)

    Haans, May 8, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    hi guys already sorted with dvdsoon they have asked me to send the boxset
    back, that's why I am asking here on what is the best way to send it back,
    i.e. recorded delivery or just normal post and roughly how much from the UK
    to Canada. I know they refund but this is why I need to know the best way,
    if I don't sent it recorded how do I get proof of postage and will it go
    missing. I have never sent a parcel out of the UK so don't even know how
    much it will cost

    cheers Dave

    Dragon, May 8, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    Dragon wrote:

    > hi guys already sorted with dvdsoon they have asked me to send the boxset
    > back, that's why I am asking here on what is the best way to send it back,
    > i.e. recorded delivery or just normal post and roughly how much from the UK
    > to Canada. I know they refund but this is why I need to know the best way,
    > if I don't sent it recorded how do I get proof of postage and will it go
    > missing. I have never sent a parcel out of the UK so don't even know how
    > much it will cost

    Why don't you just go down to your local Post Office with it and check?
    I am sure the person behind the counter will have all the answers to
    your questions.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, May 8, 2004
  7. Dragon

    midge Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > hi guys already sorted with dvdsoon they have asked me to send the boxset
    > back, that's why I am asking here on what is the best way to send it back,
    > i.e. recorded delivery or just normal post and roughly how much from the

    UK
    > to Canada. I know they refund but this is why I need to know the best

    way,
    > if I don't sent it recorded how do I get proof of postage and will it go
    > missing. I have never sent a parcel out of the UK so don't even know how
    > much it will cost

    This link will take you to the relevant services which will be Airsure or
    International Signed for.

    http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?mediaId=400033&catId=400023

    The variables are the weight (kitchen scales will help) and the value of the
    item.

    Hope thats of some help.

    midge, May 8, 2004
  8. Dragon

    higgy Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    "Dragon" wrote:

    > hi guys already sorted with dvdsoon they have asked me to send the
    > boxset back, that's why I am asking here on what is the best way to
    > send it back, i.e. recorded delivery or just normal post and roughly
    > how much from the UK to Canada. I know they refund but this is why I
    > need to know the best way, if I don't sent it recorded how do I get
    > proof of postage and will it go missing. I have never sent a parcel
    > out of the UK so don't even know how much it will cost

    I'm not sure you can even do recorded to Canada - I think it's more a case
    of surface vs airmail. I use airmail and tend to get refunds within a month
    of sending the item. Cost somewhere between £4 to £6 for a Buffy boxset,
    IIRC.

    Dave.

    higgy, May 8, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Gary Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    "higgy" <> wrote in message
    > "Dragon" wrote:
    >
    > > hi guys already sorted with dvdsoon they have asked me to send the
    > > boxset back, that's why I am asking here on what is the best way to
    > > send it back, i.e. recorded delivery or just normal post and roughly
    > > how much from the UK to Canada. I know they refund but this is why I
    > > need to know the best way, if I don't sent it recorded how do I get
    > > proof of postage and will it go missing. I have never sent a parcel
    > > out of the UK so don't even know how much it will cost

    > I'm not sure you can even do recorded to Canada - I think it's more a case
    > of surface vs airmail. I use airmail and tend to get refunds within a

    month
    > of sending the item. Cost somewhere between £4 to £6 for a Buffy boxset,
    > IIRC.
    >

    > Dave.

    International recorded is not a problem.

    Gary, May 8, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Adrian M. Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    > Dragon wrote:
    >
    > > hi guys already sorted with dvdsoon they have asked me to send the

    boxset
    > > back, that's why I am asking here on what is the best way to send it

    back,
    > > i.e. recorded delivery or just normal post and roughly how much from the

    UK
    > > to Canada. I know they refund but this is why I need to know the best

    way,
    > > if I don't sent it recorded how do I get proof of postage and will it go
    > > missing. I have never sent a parcel out of the UK so don't even know

    how
    > > much it will cost
    > >

    > Why don't you just go down to your local Post Office with it and check?
    > I am sure the person behind the counter will have all the answers to
    > your questions.

    You've completely missed the point of the Internet. If you've got nothing
    useful to post then don't. What if he is in a village that doesn't have a
    local post office ? What if he's housebound ? OP - see other more helpful
    response with link to Royal Mail web site.

    Adrian M., May 8, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    thanks Adrian I am disabled and rarely use the post office, this is why I
    ship a lot of my dvds to the house raather than go to the shops.

    cheers anyway

    Dragon, May 8, 2004
  12. Dragon

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    "Adrian M." <> wrote in message
    > "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    > > Dragon wrote:
    > >
    > > > hi guys already sorted with dvdsoon they have asked me to send the

    > boxset
    > > > back, that's why I am asking here on what is the best way to send it

    > back,
    > > > i.e. recorded delivery or just normal post and roughly how much from

    the
    > UK
    > > > to Canada. I know they refund but this is why I need to know the best

    > way,
    > > > if I don't sent it recorded how do I get proof of postage and will it

    go
    > > > missing. I have never sent a parcel out of the UK so don't even know

    > how
    > > > much it will cost
    > > >

    > > Why don't you just go down to your local Post Office with it and check?
    > > I am sure the person behind the counter will have all the answers to
    > > your questions.
    > >

    > You've completely missed the point of the Internet. If you've got nothing
    > useful to post then don't. What if he is in a village that doesn't have a
    > local post office ? What if he's housebound ? OP - see other more helpful
    > response with link to Royal Mail web site.

    Oh? I will decide where and when to post to *usenet* thank you. I feel
    no requirement to have your approval for that.

    My comments still stand. The Post Office is the best body to answer the
    OP's question, and if he can not call in personally then he should email or
    telephone.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, May 9, 2004
  13. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    hi oldus

    you are right I can phone but with it being the weekend there is no one at
    the post office that's why I thought I would get a little advise here. I am
    going to get my money on Monday so I will ask while im there

    cheers anyway

    Dave

    Dragon, May 9, 2004
  14. Dragon

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Re: DVDSoon returns Advice

    Dragon wrote:

    > hi oldus
    >
    > you are right I can phone but with it being the weekend there is no one at
    > the post office that's why I thought I would get a little advise here. I am
    > going to get my money on Monday so I will ask while im there
    >
    > cheers anyway

    G'day Dave

    While looking for something else tonight, I came across the Royal Mail's
    website, and the "International Signed For" could be what you are after.
    It costs £3.30 on top of normal postage.
    Link at
    http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400024&mediaId=4800006

    --
    Cheers