    "Un-munting" my email is a good way to contact me, or just via the group.
    Cheers!

    Worm
    Worm, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Worm

    TEX Guest

    Worm wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > Didn't know where else to ask, so this will hopefully do the trick. A
    > family member has sked me to connect up her DVD, VCR and Sky digital box to
    > her TV. I can get my head around how to connect Sky, VCR and TV - but the
    > DVD just adds confusion.
    >
    > Is it possible to do this without the use of some sort of switch? Any
    > diagrams or scribbles to aid me would be greatly appreciated :)
    >
    > "Un-munting" my email is a good way to contact me, or just via the group.
    > Cheers!
    >

    > Worm

    Depends on what connections you have available on your TV/video. But
    generally the best way if you only have one set of rca connects...

    sky -> video via RCA
    video -> tv via RF
    dvd -> tv via RCA

    If you have more sets of rca inputs just feed them all into the tv of
    video. It is best not to feed the RCA into the video, then then to the
    TV, as many video are picky about the macroprotection on DVD's and tend
    to make the playback dull and out of sync since the video is first in line.

    TEX
    TEX, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Worm

    Paul Guest

    Umm, if she has a stereo system
    with 5/6 speakers, (home theatre)
    chuck the sound out RCA, on the DVD
    or SKY to the line in RCA on the stereo

    (And if the TV has line in for sound
    as well, chuck it in there too).

    Awesome sound!

    And hopefully if the TV has video in
    on the back of it, connect the DVD video
    out to it. It's easier this way.

    Here, I use a DVD, stereo VCR
    a stereo with 5 speakers, and a 20 band
    equaliser.

    The DVD sound out is plugged into the
    back of the sound in, on the video,
    and the video sound out is connected thru
    to the equaliser, and the line out from the
    equaliser is plugged into a stereo.

    So, either way, when you play a DVD,
    video, or TV (channel 1, 2, or 3), since they're
    in Nicam stereo the TV sound goes thru the
    video, and equaliser, which in turn goes to the stereo,
    thru to the 5 speakers!

    And all can go thru the TV and / or stereo
    at the same time.

    Paul, Aug 25, 2003