    and i am still waiting on a few returns from 8-9 weeks of some of the sights
    in America so i would prefer just to buy about 10 and have them in stock

    Dave

    Dragon, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Dragon

    John Howells Guest

    Re: Dvd Cases

    "Dragon" <> wrote

    > Hi could someone tell me where I can purchase some I think there called
    > snapper cases for some of my dvds in Britian, i have bought a few dvds

    from
    > USA and the middle of the dvd case has broken but because they are not the
    > normal cases i have had a few problems getting replacements.
    >
    > I know some might say send them back but its to much messing at the moment
    > and i am still waiting on a few returns from 8-9 weeks of some of the

    sights
    > in America so i would prefer just to buy about 10 and have them in stock

    If you mean the half cardboard / half plastic case you cannot get
    replacements - anywhere!

    John Howells

    John Howells, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Re: Dvd Cases

    "John Howells" <> wrote in message
    > If you mean the half cardboard / half plastic case you cannot get
    > replacements - anywhere!

    I just threw a bunch of them out after scanning the artwork and
    converting them to keepcases. Pity you didn't catch me last week.

    Joshua Zyber, Jun 26, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Re: Dvd Cases

    Can i get them imported from america or has anyone got any they dont want

    dave

    Dragon, Jun 26, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Re: Dvd Cases

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Can i get them imported from america or has anyone got any they dont

    want

    If your problem is that the hub is broken, the cardboard piece can be
    detached from the plastic piece. Do that, scan the entire thing into
    your computer, and resize it to the following dimensions:

    Height - 2715 pixels
    Front and back width - 1535 pixels each
    Spine width - 170 pixels

    Print it off on photo quality paper and stick it in a regular keepcase.

    Joshua Zyber, Jun 26, 2004
  6. Re: Dvd Cases

    Dragon wrote:
    [replacement snapper-case plastic liners]

    > Can i get them imported from america...

    "Remove the cardboard art liners of the cases, and mail the broken plastic
    tray insert to: Margaret Higgins, Ivy Hill Corp., 375 Hudson St., New York,
    NY 10014. Upon receipt, they will mail you new replacement inserts,
    apparently at no cost."

    --http://www.the-doa.com/Pages/DoaArch2.html

    That information is four years old, and I don't know in any event whether
    Ivy Hill will ship to non-US countries from their NY office, but it can't
    hurt for you to at least write to Ms. Higgins and ask her how to replace
    your broken case liners. With luck, perhaps she can point you to a UK
    address for Ivy Hill to make sending the broken parts easier/cheaper for
    you.

    HTH,

    doug

    --
    "Stay away from the future; don't tell God your plans..."
    --David Bowie

    Douglas Bailey, Jun 26, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Rotor Guest

    Re: Dvd Cases

    > Height - 2715 pixels

    Wrong. Should be 2175 pixels.

    Rotor, Jun 26, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Re: Dvd Cases

    "Rotor" <> wrote in message
    > > Height - 2715 pixels

    > Wrong. Should be 2175 pixels.

    You're right. That was a typo. Thanks for correcting it.

    Joshua Zyber, Jun 26, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Crow T Robot Guest

    Re: Dvd Cases