    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    CIW Certified Instructor

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 27, 2007

  2. Michael D. Alligood

    John R Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    The one thing that I find truly amazing is the people that take the tests,
    to wit they've agreed to the NDA, but then try to find a way around the NDA.
    It's kind of like the college football player that signs a 5 year deal for
    $X, and then has a somewhat good 2nd year and thinks they need to
    re-negotiate their contract. Wait a minute, you already agreed to this, how
    have things changed since you clicked 'I Agree'? Personally, if people
    can't live up to their promises for even a short time, what makes anyone
    think they are willing to live up to anything? Technical wording aside,
    everyone knows what Microsoft is asking in the NDA. Is it really that hard
    to live up to?

    Again, just my take.

    John

    John R, Feb 27, 2007

  3. WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Some very helpful information on the NDA and other topics .............. you
    really make things understandable.....thanks for THE CLASSROOM
    ..................Michael

    Angel A+,N+,MCP, Feb 27, 2007
  4. Michael D. Alligood

    Guest Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    > Visit my blog below and add your comments. I will include them in my
    > discussions with the powers that be.

    I, for one, would definitely be interested in the results of your conversation.
    As you may (or may not) know, CertGuard has been supporting the NDA since day
    one.

    Here is an argument that you may want to bring up about those questions that
    were posed in your blog. I believe that anything that can be considered a
    'variable' (AND is not made readily available by Microsoft) should not be
    disclosed. And that the NDA includes anything that is not made 'public
    information' by Microsoft. If you can point us to a page on the Microsoft
    website that states the number of questions and/or the time allotted per exam,
    then I would gladly provide that information to people that ask for it. Until
    then, I feel that the NDA includes (but is not limited to) the following
    information:

    1. exam questions
    2. simulations
    3. number of questions
    4. number of simulations
    5. Time of exam

    As for the NDA itself:
    "You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or
    transmitting this exam, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal
    or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express
    written permission of Microsoft Corporation."

    In your argument, you focus on 'this exam', but what about focusing on 'in whole
    or in part'? I don't see that statement as just meaning 'you can't disclose
    *part* of a question', I see that as 'the entire exam or any part of the
    exam'...which again, I feel includes 1-5 above.

    Just curious, did you deliberately not include the MCSE newsgroups on this
    discussion? The MCSE NG is the group that gets the most potential violators, and
    could probably use this information more than some of the other groups you have
    added.

    --
    CertGuard

    Guest, Feb 27, 2007
  5. Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    > In your argument, you focus on 'this exam', but what about focusing on
    'in whole
    > or in part'? I don't see that statement as just meaning 'you can't disclose
    > *part* of a question', I see that as 'the entire exam or any part of the
    > exam'...which again, I feel includes 1-5 above.

    I focused on "this exam" because that is the argument I hear the most in
    discussions concerning the NDA. You can see in my post that I also
    defended my stance by not divulging the answers to the listed questions
    by defending the sentence, "... in whole or in part." Being a advocate
    of the NDA, I tell my students and those interested that it does not
    matter how many questions there are on the exam, or how long Microsoft
    gives you to take it if you know the material listed by Microsoft in ALL
    their Preparation Guides.

    Thanks for your comments. BTW, I thought I included the MCSE newsgroup
    as well. It was late, or early! Thanks for including the remarks in that
    newsgroup as well.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 27, 2007
  6. Michael D. Alligood

    Guest Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    >> In your argument, you focus on 'this exam', but what about focusing on

    > 'in whole
    >> or in part'? I don't see that statement as just meaning 'you can't disclose
    >> *part* of a question', I see that as 'the entire exam or any part of the
    >> exam'...which again, I feel includes 1-5 above.

    > I focused on "this exam" because that is the argument I hear the most in
    > discussions concerning the NDA. You can see in my post that I also defended my
    > stance by not divulging the answers to the listed questions by defending the
    > sentence, "... in whole or in part."

    Ok, that helps me understand the reasoning behind why you focused on it. I
    suppose I still need clarification on why other people focus on it though. I
    guess I just take for granted already knowing that "this exam" will apply to
    'every exam' I take. I guess I'm just looking at it from a different angle than
    you are.

    Your definition of "this exam" seems to include only the items presented
    directly to the user in the form of questions and possible answers. My
    definition, however, is a broader definition of the term and includes anything
    related to "this exam" that was not made 'public information' by Microsoft
    themselves.

    Then again, I suppose that's what you're trying to clarify in your talks with
    M$. ;) Keep us updated.

    > Being an advocate of the NDA, I tell my students and those interested that it
    > does not matter how many questions there are on the exam, or how long
    > Microsoft gives you to take it if you know the material listed by Microsoft in
    > ALL their Preparation Guides.

    Precisely

    > Thanks for your comments. BTW, I thought I included the MCSE newsgroup as
    > well. It was late, or early! Thanks for including the remarks in that
    > newsgroup as well.

    NP

    --
    CertGuard

    --
    Some useful links:

    CertGuard: http://www.CertGuard.com
    CertGuard Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/

    Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
    Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
    Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
    Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp

    Guest, Feb 27, 2007
  7. Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    I definitely look at "... this exam" as a whole; including exact
    questions, content, number of anything, etc... But I have to also take a
    look at the other side to see if their points are valid to keep my
    understanding honest. Which is why I described both sides of the
    argument. Hopefully there will be some clarification from the powers
    that be during our conversations.

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 27, 2007
  8. Michael D. Alligood

    M Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    > Visit my blog below and add your comments. I will include them in my
    > discussions with the powers that be.
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor

    I believe that it is very important that the holder of any professional
    certification or qualification doesn't ever talk the qualification down.
    There is a real danger of making the qualification appear to be of less
    value to the unqualified by revealing every single aspect of it.

    M, Feb 28, 2007
  9. Michael D. Alligood

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    "M" <> wrote in message

    > I believe that it is very important that the holder of any professional
    > certification or qualification doesn't ever talk the qualification down. There
    > is a real danger of making the qualification appear to be of less value to the
    > unqualified by revealing every single aspect of it.

    Very true, but what are the odds of that happening? People brag all the time and
    people love to make themselves sound smarter than they are by talking down stuff
    like, certifications. How many times have you heard "Ah, it was a piece of cake"
    or "it was the easiest exam I ever took"? It's just the nature of people.

    A great philosopher once said "To appear thinner, fatten up those around
    you"...the same notion could apply to branes. ;)

    --
    BD
    # 0011 ^ 2

    BD[MCNGP], Feb 28, 2007
  10. Michael D. Alligood

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    BD[MCNGP] piffled away vaguely:

    > "M" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I believe that it is very important that the holder of any professional
    >> certification or qualification doesn't ever talk the qualification down. There
    >> is a real danger of making the qualification appear to be of less value to the
    >> unqualified by revealing every single aspect of it.

    > Very true, but what are the odds of that happening? People brag all the time and
    > people love to make themselves sound smarter than they are by talking down stuff
    > like, certifications. How many times have you heard "Ah, it was a piece of cake"
    > or "it was the easiest exam I ever took"? It's just the nature of people.
    >

    > A great philosopher once said "To appear thinner, fatten up those around
    > you"...the same notion could apply to branes. ;)

    Speaking of B-R-A-I-N-S . . . .

    <sigh>
    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Mar 1, 2007
  11. Michael D. Alligood

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    >> A great philosopher once said "To appear thinner, fatten up those around
    >> you"...the same notion could apply to branes. ;)
    >>

    > Speaking of B-R-A-I-N-S . . . .
    >
    > <sigh>
    > --
    >
    > Catwalker
    > aka Pu$$y Feet
    > BS, MCSA, MCSE
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    Why for the <sigh>?? Hopefully that was because nobody else pointed it out and
    not because you don't think I did that on porpoise.

    C'mon....Engrish ish rike second rangrange two mi. ;)

    --
    BD
    # 0011 ^ 2

    BD[MCNGP], Mar 1, 2007
  12. Michael D. Alligood

    TheITGirl Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    "Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

    > I definitely look at "... this exam" as a whole; including exact
    > questions, content, number of anything, etc... But I have to also take a
    > look at the other side to see if their points are valid to keep my
    > understanding honest. Which is why I described both sides of the
    > argument. Hopefully there will be some clarification from the powers
    > that be during our conversations.
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor

    > "CertGuard" <CertGuard> wrote in message
    >
    > > "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in message
    > > > 'in whole
    > > >
    > > > I focused on "this exam" because that is the argument I hear the most in
    > > > discussions concerning the NDA. You can see in my post that I also defended my
    > > > stance by not divulging the answers to the listed questions by defending the
    > > > sentence, "... in whole or in part."
    > > >

    > > Ok, that helps me understand the reasoning behind why you focused on it. I
    > > suppose I still need clarification on why other people focus on it though. I
    > > guess I just take for granted already knowing that "this exam" will apply to
    > > 'every exam' I take. I guess I'm just looking at it from a different angle than
    > > you are.
    > >
    > > Your definition of "this exam" seems to include only the items presented
    > > directly to the user in the form of questions and possible answers. My
    > > definition, however, is a broader definition of the term and includes anything
    > > related to "this exam" that was not made 'public information' by Microsoft
    > > themselves.
    > >
    > > Then again, I suppose that's what you're trying to clarify in your talks with
    > > M$. ;) Keep us updated.
    > >

    > > > Being an advocate of the NDA, I tell my students and those interested that it
    > > > does not matter how many questions there are on the exam, or how long
    > > > Microsoft gives you to take it if you know the material listed by Microsoft in
    > > > ALL their Preparation Guides.
    > > >

    > > Precisely
    > >

    > > > Thanks for your comments. BTW, I thought I included the MCSE newsgroup as
    > > > well. It was late, or early! Thanks for including the remarks in that
    > > > newsgroup as well.
    > > >

    > > NP
    > >
    > > --
    > > CertGuard
    > >
    > > --
    > > Some useful links:
    > >
    > > CertGuard: http://www.CertGuard.com
    > > CertGuard Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    > >
    > > Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
    > > Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
    > > Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
    > > Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp
    > > --

    OK, FWIW here's my take on the NDA.

    The NDA prevents us from "... disclosing, publishing, reproducing or
    transmitting this exam, in whole or in part ...". For me, the point is not
    whether we should focus on the words "this exam" or "in whole or in part",
    but whether aspects such as the number of questions, time allowed, technology
    tested etc. can be considered to form part of the exam in question.

    By way of analogy, let's say I sent you an e-mail asking you to confirm, by
    pressing a voting button, that you agree you will not disclose, publish,
    reproduce or transmit the contents, in whole or in part, of a subsequent
    e-mail which I will send to you if you click the "I agree" button.

    Could I sue you if, for example, you disclosed how many words the e-mail
    contained, or which font it had been typed in? I imagine not, as I would not
    have incurred any loss resulting from this disclosure.

    We therefore need to consider whether information being imparted about the
    Microsoft exams is likely to artificially increase someone's chances of
    passing the exam, thereby resulting in Microsoft and other candicates
    incurring loss (in terms of the devaluation of its exam).

    Now, if I tell someone there are "x number of questions in the 70-271 exam"
    am I increasing their chances of passing? I think not, as, regardless of the
    number of questions on the exam, the candidate will still fail if they get
    too many wrong answers. What if I tell someone "the exam last for x number
    of hours/minutes"? Again, the only effect this is likely to have is that the
    candidate doesn't have too much fluid to drink beforehand!

    On the other hand, if I tell someone "there will be x number of questions on
    troubleshooting network connectivity", this could prompt a potential
    candidate to concentrate more study time on network connectivity and so
    obtain more correct answers on this topic.

    Just my view - I suppose unless Microsoft clarifies the NDA wording or it is
    tested in court, we will never know!

    IT Girl

    TheITGirl, Mar 2, 2007
  13. Michael D. Alligood

    Cerebrus Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    On Mar 2, 4:09 pm, TheITGirl <>
    wrote:

    > intelligent post snipped.

    Ok, now you need to tell us what's your take on Hawtness... IOW, ARE
    YOU HAWT ??!!

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    $1 To Frisbee

    MCNGP #LIV (LIVewire ! Please hug !)

    Join the fight against Br@indumps
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/

    Cerebrus, Mar 2, 2007
  14. Michael D. Alligood

    TheITGirl Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    "Cerebrus" wrote:

    > On Mar 2, 4:09 pm, TheITGirl <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > intelligent post snipped.

    > Ok, now you need to tell us what's your take on Hawtness... IOW, ARE
    > YOU HAWT ??!!
    >
    > ----------
    > Cerebrus.
    > $1 To Frisbee
    >
    > MCNGP #LIV (LIVewire ! Please hug !)
    >
    > Join the fight against Br@indumps
    > http://www.certguard.com/forums/

    So HAWT you need oven mitts to handle me LOL

    IT Girl

    TheITGirl, Mar 2, 2007
  15. Michael D. Alligood

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    PING: Frisbee®, Dr. Frisbee® to the waiting room please

    "TheITGirl" <> wrote in message

    > So HAWT you need oven mitts to handle me LOL
    >
    > IT Girl

    Plz to be posting HAWTness in MCSE newsgroup.

    Waiting.....

    rgs

    --
    BD
    # 0011 ^ 2

    BD[MCNGP], Mar 2, 2007
  16. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    >So HAWT you need oven mitts to handle me LOL
    >
    >IT Girl

    where the pics?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 2, 2007
  17. Michael D. Alligood

    TheITGirl Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    "Frisbee®" wrote:

    > "TheITGirl" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > "Cerebrus" wrote:

    > >> Ok, now you need to tell us what's your take on Hawtness... IOW, ARE
    > >> YOU HAWT ??!!
    > >>
    > >> ----------
    > >> Cerebrus.
    > >> $1 To Frisbee
    > >>
    > >> MCNGP #LIV (LIVewire ! Please hug !)
    > >>
    > >> Join the fight against Br@indumps
    > >> http://www.certguard.com/forums/?wp_ml=0
    > >>

    > > So HAWT you need oven mitts to handle me LOL

    > Wow... I must have you confused with someone else... I never thought you'd
    > reply to that, which is why I never asked. Or maybe I thought I remembered
    > asking you some time ago (to no response). Nice to see you have a sensk of
    > humor.
    >
    > Now poast GIFs please.

    You show me your GIF and I'll show you mine ...

    IT Girl

    TheITGirl, Mar 2, 2007
  18. Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    Too funny.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 2, 2007
  19. Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    please make this an animated gif ok? lol

    Keith Chilton, Mar 2, 2007
  20. Michael D. Alligood

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: Demystifying the NDA.

    "TheITGirl" <> wrote in message

    > "Frisbee®" wrote:
    >
    >> "TheITGirl" <> wrote in message

    >> > So HAWT you need oven mitts to handle me LOL

    >> Wow... I must have you confused with someone else... I never thought
    >> you'd
    >> reply to that, which is why I never asked. Or maybe I thought I
    >> remembered
    >> asking you some time ago (to no response). Nice to see you have a sensk
    >> of
    >> humor.
    >>
    >> Now poast GIFs please.
    >>

    > You show me your GIF and I'll show you mine ...

    I think I'm in lust.

    Frisbee®, Mar 2, 2007