OT: Deer Ken

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 23, 2004.

  1. You asked a day or so ago about Brainbench.

    Now you (and anyone else) can find out for yourselves.

    Got this via e-mail the other day. Since they're temporarily offering some
    of the more popular exams for free through the end of this month, you can
    take one of their exams and see for yourself. I would imagine that you
    probably won't get a certificate, but I think the e-mail doesn't specify.
    Below is the e-mail (with just a couple of edits):

    Dear Certification God Frisbee,

    Through the end of December, 9 of our certifications are available to you at
    no cost. The tests are available to you through sponsorships made by our
    training partners.

    Typically $49.95, these tests are available to you absolutely free. Upgrade
    your resume (HAHA) - impress your boss - (HAHAHA) show off to your friends
    (HAHAHAHA)- and it will cost you nothing but your own time investment.

    December's sponsored tests include:

    * C#
    * Cisco Network Support
    * ColdFusion MX
    * Computer Technical Support
    * Java - EJB
    * Java 2
    * MS SQL Server 2000 Administration
    * MS Windows Server 2003 Administration
    * Network Security
    * Visual Basic.NET

    Additionally, 16 more unsponsored certifications are being offered free from
    Brainbench.

    They include:

    * Accounts Payable Fundamentals
    * Automotive Industry Knowledge (U.S.)
    * CSS2
    * English Vocabulary
    * Human Resources Concepts (U.S.)
    * Linux Administration (General)
    * Math Fundamentals
    * Medical Terminology
    * MS Access 2000 Fundamentals
    * RDBMS Concepts
    * Typing Speed & Accuracy

    So if you have not joined the others that have taken advantage of these
    offers to date, please consider doing so before the end of the year!

    To check out the list, please click below:

    http://consumerurl.brainbench.com/t/9ZJ8/S32G/VU/UUGV4O

    Happy Holidays,

    Mike

    Mike Littman
    VP Marketing
    Brainbench

    --
    Fris "Operators are standing by!" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 23, 2004

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    In news:%,
    Frisbee® <> rambled:
    <much snippage>

    > Dear Certification God Frisbee,
    >
    > Through the end of December, 9 of our certifications are available to
    > you at no cost. The tests are available to you through sponsorships
    > made by our training partners.
    >
    > Typically $49.95, these tests are available to you absolutely free.
    > Upgrade your resume (HAHA) - impress your boss - (HAHAHA) show off to
    > your friends (HAHAHAHA)- and it will cost you nothing but your own
    > time investment.
    >
    > December's sponsored tests include:
    > * MS SQL Server 2000 Administration
    > * RDBMS Concepts
    >
    > To check out the list, please click below:
    >
    > http://consumerurl.brainbench.com/t/9ZJ8/S32G/VU/UUGV4O

    Well then...mind if I be clicky clicky on that link and try my hand at the
    SQL Server and RDBMS Concepts tests? I'm assuming it will "use up" your free
    tests. So if you plan on taking those, good luck. Otherwise, I'd like to see
    how friggin genius-like I am.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768 vowed to kill my family if I didn't add a link to
    www.mcngp.com to my signature.

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 23, 2004

  3. Re: Deer Ken

    >Well then...mind if I be clicky clicky on that link and try my hand at the
    >SQL Server and RDBMS Concepts tests? I'm assuming it will "use up" your free
    >tests. So if you plan on taking those, good luck. Otherwise, I'd like to see
    >how friggin genius-like I am.

    me going 4 english vocabulary

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Dec 23, 2004
  4. Re: Deer Ken

    Ken Briscoe wrote:
    > In news:%,
    > Frisbee® <> rambled:
    > <much snippage>
    >>
    >> Dear Certification God Frisbee,
    >>
    >> Through the end of December, 9 of our certifications are available to
    >> you at no cost. The tests are available to you through sponsorships
    >> made by our training partners.
    >>
    >> Typically $49.95, these tests are available to you absolutely free.
    >> Upgrade your resume (HAHA) - impress your boss - (HAHAHA) show off to
    >> your friends (HAHAHAHA)- and it will cost you nothing but your own
    >> time investment.
    >>
    >> December's sponsored tests include:
    >> * MS SQL Server 2000 Administration
    >> * RDBMS Concepts
    >>
    >> To check out the list, please click below:
    >>
    >> http://consumerurl.brainbench.com/t/9ZJ8/S32G/VU/UUGV4O

    > Well then...mind if I be clicky clicky on that link and try my hand
    > at the SQL Server and RDBMS Concepts tests? I'm assuming it will "use
    > up" your free tests. So if you plan on taking those, good luck.
    > Otherwise, I'd like to see how friggin genius-like I am.

    I get the impression that it's free for everyone. If it's not, go ahead, I
    don't mind.

    Just make sure you post something in their discussion forums :)

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Re: Deer Ken

    >Just make sure you post something in their discussion forums :)

    what, along the lines of 'how many questions in 76-543?'

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Dec 23, 2004
  6. Re: Deer Ken

    >> Just make sure you post something in their discussion forums :)

    > what, along the lines of 'how many questions in 76-543?'

    Exactly.

    Actually, their forums suck, but I have a few friends I keep in contact with
    there.

    There's a couple of Don's and Paisley's there, too.

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 23, 2004
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Doom Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > Ken Briscoe wrote:
    >> In news:%,
    >> Frisbee® <> rambled:
    >> <much snippage>

    > I get the impression that it's free for everyone. If it's not, go ahead,
    > don't mind.

    I'm just waiting for some stupid a$$hole to ask where to find dumps for
    these. I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet.

    Doom, Dec 23, 2004
  8. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Consultant Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    where can i find dumps for these?

    Consultant, Dec 23, 2004
  9. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Doom Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    "Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@yahoodotcom> wrote in message
    > where can i find dumps for these?

    A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R

    Doom, Dec 23, 2004
  10. Re: Deer Ken

    Doom wrote:
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    >> Ken Briscoe wrote:
    >>> In news:%,
    >>> Frisbee® <> rambled:
    >>> <much snippage>

    >> I get the impression that it's free for everyone. If it's not, go
    >> ahead, I
    >> don't mind.
    >>

    > I'm just waiting for some stupid a$$hole to ask where to find dumps
    > for these. I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet.

    Actually, it has, and on more than one occaision, or did you mean in here?

    Their forums drop posts after a certain time, so you wouldn't see it, but
    yes there are IDOTS who post there, a site that offers unproctored exams, if
    there are br@indumps for the exams. The internet is your br@indump IDOT.

    They also attempt to take measure to cut down on cheating, like by using
    images instead of text to help avoid cut-and-paste situations. Some tests
    are timed, like their typing speed exam. Not sure how they did it, but some
    people have recorded speeds of like 50,000 WPM on the exam, heh.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 23, 2004
  11. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Doom Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > Doom wrote:
    >> "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message

    >>> I get the impression that it's free for everyone. If it's not, go
    >>> ahead, I
    >>> don't mind.
    >>>

    >> I'm just waiting for some stupid a$$hole to ask where to find dumps
    >> for these. I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet.

    > Actually, it has, and on more than one occaision, or did you mean in here?
    >
    > Their forums drop posts after a certain time, so you wouldn't see it, but
    > yes there are IDOTS who post there, a site that offers unproctored exams,
    > if
    > there are br@indumps for the exams. The internet is your br@indump IDOT.

    I meant some winner here asking for dumps. BTW what is IDOT. where i can be
    downloading dumps for IDOT. I be to thanking you for information.

    Doom, Dec 23, 2004
  12. Re: Deer Ken

    Doom wrote:

    > I meant some winner here asking for dumps. BTW what is IDOT. where i
    > can be downloading dumps for IDOT. I be to thanking you for
    > information.

    http://www.rsfckers.com/faq.htm#terms

    Idot: RSFC-speak for "idiot." Also see "acedemic" and "dumn."

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 23, 2004
  13. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Doom Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > Doom wrote:
    >
    >> I meant some winner here asking for dumps. BTW what is IDOT. where i
    >> can be downloading dumps for IDOT. I be to thanking you for
    >> information.

    > http://www.rsfckers.com/faq.htm#terms
    >
    > Idot: RSFC-speak for "idiot." Also see "acedemic" and "dumn."

    I gotta start using sarcasm flags in my posts.

    Doom, Dec 23, 2004
  14. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    In news:%,
    Frisbee® <> rambled:

    > Ken Briscoe wrote:
    >> In news:%,
    >> Frisbee® <> rambled:
    >> <much snippage>
    >>>
    >>> Dear Certification God Frisbee,
    >>>
    >>> Through the end of December, 9 of our certifications are available
    >>> to you at no cost. The tests are available to you through
    >>> sponsorships made by our training partners.
    >>>
    >>> Typically $49.95, these tests are available to you absolutely free.
    >>> Upgrade your resume (HAHA) - impress your boss - (HAHAHA) show off
    >>> to your friends (HAHAHAHA)- and it will cost you nothing but your
    >>> own time investment.
    >>>
    >>> December's sponsored tests include:
    >>> * MS SQL Server 2000 Administration
    >>> * RDBMS Concepts
    >>>
    >>> To check out the list, please click below:
    >>>
    >>> http://consumerurl.brainbench.com/t/9ZJ8/S32G/VU/UUGV4O

    >> Well then...mind if I be clicky clicky on that link and try my hand
    >> at the SQL Server and RDBMS Concepts tests? I'm assuming it will "use
    >> up" your free tests. So if you plan on taking those, good luck.
    >> Otherwise, I'd like to see how friggin genius-like I am.

    > I get the impression that it's free for everyone. If it's not, go
    > ahead, I don't mind.
    >
    > Just make sure you post something in their discussion forums :)

    Hello frisbe!

    Plz where can i find the dumps for sql administertion 2000 examen?

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    www.mcngp.com is best for all new updates than

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 23, 2004
  15. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Doom climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    >> Doom wrote:
    >>
    >>> I meant some winner here asking for dumps. BTW what is IDOT. where i
    >>> can be downloading dumps for IDOT. I be to thanking you for
    >>> information.

    >> http://www.rsfckers.com/faq.htm#terms
    >>
    >> Idot: RSFC-speak for "idiot." Also see "acedemic" and "dumn."

    > I gotta start using sarcasm flags in my posts.

    Good, that's sorted then.

    --
    JaR
    Baylor Thug

    JaR, Dec 23, 2004
  16. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    In news:%,
    Frisbee® <> rambled:

    > You asked a day or so ago about Brainbench.
    >
    > Now you (and anyone else) can find out for yourselves.
    >
    > Got this via e-mail the other day. Since they're temporarily
    > offering some of the more popular exams for free through the end of
    > this month, you can take one of their exams and see for yourself. I
    > would imagine that you probably won't get a certificate, but I think
    > the e-mail doesn't specify. Below is the e-mail (with just a couple
    > of edits):
    >
    > Dear Certification God Frisbee,
    >
    > Through the end of December, 9 of our certifications are available to
    > you at no cost. The tests are available to you through sponsorships
    > made by our training partners.
    >
    > Typically $49.95, these tests are available to you absolutely free.
    > Upgrade your resume (HAHA) - impress your boss - (HAHAHA) show off to
    > your friends (HAHAHAHA)- and it will cost you nothing but your own
    > time investment.
    >
    > December's sponsored tests include:
    >
    > * C#
    > * Cisco Network Support
    > * ColdFusion MX
    > * Computer Technical Support
    > * Java - EJB
    > * Java 2
    > * MS SQL Server 2000 Administration
    > * MS Windows Server 2003 Administration
    > * Network Security
    > * Visual Basic.NET
    >
    > Additionally, 16 more unsponsored certifications are being offered
    > free from Brainbench.
    >
    > They include:
    >
    > * Accounts Payable Fundamentals
    > * Automotive Industry Knowledge (U.S.)
    > * CSS2
    > * English Vocabulary
    > * Human Resources Concepts (U.S.)
    > * Linux Administration (General)
    > * Math Fundamentals
    > * Medical Terminology
    > * MS Access 2000 Fundamentals
    > * RDBMS Concepts
    > * Typing Speed & Accuracy
    >
    > So if you have not joined the others that have taken advantage of
    > these offers to date, please consider doing so before the end of the
    > year!
    >
    > To check out the list, please click below:
    >
    > http://consumerurl.brainbench.com/t/9ZJ8/S32G/VU/UUGV4O
    >
    > Happy Holidays,
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > Mike Littman
    > VP Marketing
    > Brainbench

    Well thank you, Fris. 2.94...whatever that means. I passed, anyway. Took me
    all of 15 minutes or so. Apparently I need to brush up on backup and restore
    issues. Backup?! WTF is that? Anywho, can't beat the price on that exam.
    Thanks!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "MS SQL Server 2000 Administration thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768 needs your business. Visit www.mcngp.com today.

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 23, 2004
  17. Re: Deer Ken

    Ken Briscoe wrote:

    > Well thank you, Fris. 2.94...whatever that means. I passed, anyway.
    > Took me all of 15 minutes or so. Apparently I need to brush up on
    > backup and restore issues. Backup?! WTF is that? Anywho, can't beat
    > the price on that exam. Thanks!

    I got a 3.34 when I took that test on 8/21/2001 which at that time put me in
    the 81st percentile. The score is out of a 5.0 (perfect), and you have to
    score 4.0 or better for a "master" designation on your certificate.

    That's one of the exams that was always free anyway.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Dec 23, 2004
  18. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    In news:%,
    Frisbee® <> rambled:
    <snip snip>

    You want to know what a slow day it is around here? Yeah....this slow:

    > * MS SQL Server 2000 Administration

    2.94 - 56th percentile

    > * Computer Technical Support

    3.33 - 95th percentile

    Yeah, I'm blowing through the brainbench "certs" today...They're actually
    kind of fun. You know, if you have fun not having fun...

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 23, 2004
  19. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Neil Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    did you hear "Ken Briscoe" <> say in

    > In news:%,
    > Frisbee® <> rambled:
    > <snip snip>
    >
    > You want to know what a slow day it is around here? Yeah....this slow:
    >
    >> * MS SQL Server 2000 Administration

    > 2.94 - 56th percentile
    >
    >> * Computer Technical Support

    > 3.33 - 95th percentile
    >
    > Yeah, I'm blowing through the brainbench "certs" today...They're

    actually
    > kind of fun. You know, if you have fun not having fun...

    Name: RDBMS Concepts Score: 3.60
    Scored higher than 91% of all previous test takers.

    yeah these are rocket science...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us

    Neil, Dec 23, 2004
  20. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Deer Ken

    In news:Xns95C8A67CCBF71neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16,
    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:

    > did you hear "Ken Briscoe" <> say in
    >
    >> In news:%,
    >> Frisbee® <> rambled:
    >> <snip snip>
    >>
    >> You want to know what a slow day it is around here? Yeah....this
    >> slow:
    >>
    >>> * MS SQL Server 2000 Administration

    >> 2.94 - 56th percentile
    >>
    >>> * Computer Technical Support

    >> 3.33 - 95th percentile
    >>
    >> Yeah, I'm blowing through the brainbench "certs" today...They're
    >> actually kind of fun. You know, if you have fun not having fun...
    >>

    > Name: RDBMS Concepts Score: 3.60
    > Scored higher than 91% of all previous test takers.
    >
    > yeah these are rocket science...

    Monday is already shaping up to be another slow day, so barring any crazy
    weekend server breakdowns, I'll be taking that and the Network Support.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Be the lucky 12th customer to visit www.mcngp.com, and you can win a