    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us
    Neil, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Neil

    kpg Guest

    Re: Dear Lord...

    AMEN!

    I was going for Steelers/Flacons...

    :-(
    kpg, Jan 24, 2005

  3. Neil

    molsonexpert Guest

    Re: Dear Lord...

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > AMEN!
    >
    > I was going for Steelers/Flacons...
    >
    > :-(

    Yes, the flacons, which is french for flakes, and thus highly appropriate.
    An absolutely unbearable game to watch. Michael Vick should not be allowed
    to throw the ball.

    steve.
    molsonexpert, Jan 24, 2005
  4. Neil

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Dear Lord...

    In news:Xns95E7E0453857Fneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16,
    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:
    > ...Please let the Eagle's win the Superbowl. Briscoe would be
    > unbearable...

    Dear respected sir,

    I am already unbearable.

    Rgs,

    Raman Noodl

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R.S. are not welcome at www.mcngp.com. Unless you email
    first.
    Ken Briscoe, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Re: Dear Lord...

    did you hear "Ken Briscoe" <> say in news:
    #:

    > I am already unbearable.

    hard to disagree

    Neil, Jan 24, 2005
  6. Neil

    kpg Guest

    OT: MS Spyware Blues

    I get this call from a customer who uses our software. Her tech told
    her that our software had spyware packaged with it - a nasty little
    keylogger from LoudMarketing.com. Her tech told her it was watching
    all her keystrokes - things like SSN's and Credt Card numbers and that
    it came from us!

    I calmly told her that we do not ship spyware with our product and
    suggested that she had gotton the infection from the Internet, not us.

    Today her tech called me, defiant, he stated the we were indeed the source
    of the spyware infection - he scanned a computer, it was clean, he installed
    our software, now it showed up as infected. He demanded to know why we
    would ship spyware!

    We don't, I told him - But I'll test it here.

    Well, to my suprise MS antispyware showed I had the key logger
    called Bridge/WinFavorites.

    JEZ. Bridge.dll is one of our files used to 'bridge' data to company
    servers. When I picked that name I did not know there was a spyware
    keylogger with the same name.

    I renamed the dll, but the question remains: What if some spyware out
    there happens to step on one of my many other exe and dll names?
    Will MS spyware base its decision soly on the name of the exe or
    will it use other signatures to detect real threats from accidential ones?

    Now I have a damage control issue on my hands --

    'No, I know MS says it's spyware, but it not - trust me...'

    kpg
    kpg, Jan 24, 2005
  7. Neil

    kpg Guest

    Re: MS Spyware Blues

    I balme OE for the positioning of this post...
    kpg, Jan 24, 2005
  8. Neil

    JaR Guest

    Re: MS Spyware Blues

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > I balme OE for the positioning of this post...

    Well somebody needs to take the rap.

    Would that be steve balme?

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jan 24, 2005
  9. Neil

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: MS Spyware Blues

    > I balme OE for the positioning of this post...

    I blame the spyware you installed on my system.
    Jtyc, Jan 24, 2005
  10. Re: OT: MS Spyware Blues

    >I renamed the dll, but the question remains: What if some spyware out
    >there happens to step on one of my many other exe and dll names?

    The algorithms used would be more sophisticated than just checking
    filenames. I guess the heuristics used decided your dll matched the
    spyware in some way, say by it's imports table. or by some crude hash
    sample.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 24, 2005
  11. Neil

    kpg Guest

    Re: MS Spyware Blues

    >> I balme OE for the positioning of this post...
    >

    > I blame the spyware you installed on my system.

    Just for that I'm deducting $100.00 from your checking account.
    kpg, Jan 24, 2005
  12. Neil

    JaR Guest

    Re: MS Spyware Blues

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    >>> I balme OE for the positioning of this post...

    >> I blame the spyware you installed on my system.
    >>

    > Just for that I'm deducting $100.00 from your checking account.

    Fookin ginger ale kinda burns when you spray it outta your nose!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jan 24, 2005
  13. Neil

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: MS Spyware Blues

    > Just for that I'm deducting $100.00 from your checking account.

    Oh yeah?!

    *strikes a match and sets his checkbook on fire*

    Now how you going to get my money?!

    *does victory dance*
    Jtyc, Jan 24, 2005
  14. Re: MS Spyware Blues

    >> I blame the spyware you installed on my system.
    >>

    >Just for that I'm deducting $100.00 from your checking account.

    there's none left! My spyware bot's just raided the account dry - so
    long suckers!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 24, 2005