    PS it so i can back up some of my original region 1 dvds as they are rare to
    get and would like to keep originals safe away because some of them cant be
    bought anymore

    Dragon, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Sorry I forgot I have cdcovers.cc but they dont have the covers i need

    dave

    Dragon, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Marci Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > Sorry I forgot I have cdcovers.cc but they dont have the covers i need
    >
    > dave
    >
    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi wondering if anyone knew of some real good region 1 dvd cover sites to
    >>get covers
    >>
    >>cheers dave
    >>
    >>PS it so i can back up some of my original region 1 dvds as they are rare

    >>get and would like to keep originals safe away because some of them cant

    > be
    >
    >>bought anymore

    This is a pretty good site:
    http://daprogger.mine.nu/

    Many different regions

    Marci, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Biz Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi wondering if anyone knew of some real good region 1 dvd cover sites to
    > get covers
    >
    > cheers dave
    >
    > PS it so i can back up some of my original region 1 dvds as they are rare

    > get and would like to keep originals safe away because some of them cant

    be
    > bought anymore

    Scan your original covers and them put them away for safe keeping...that way
    you are sure its the right cover, and you can control the quality

    Biz, Jun 8, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Dragon, says...
    > PS it so i can back up some of my original region 1 dvds

    Well gee, if they are for BACKUPS of ORIGINAL region one DVDs, simply
    scan the artwork from your originals, or take them to a local business
    with a color copy machine.

    Uhm, who do you think you are fooling?

    Mark Spatny, Jun 8, 2004
  6. Dragon

    higgy Guest

    Mark Spatny wrote:

    > Dragon, says...
    >> PS it so i can back up some of my original region 1 dvds

    > Well gee, if they are for BACKUPS of ORIGINAL region one DVDs, simply
    > scan the artwork from your originals, or take them to a local business
    > with a color copy machine.
    >
    > Uhm, who do you think you are fooling?

    Also, why bother? Just get one of those neat little silver "DJ Style" file
    boxes and a pack of CD marker pens from:

    http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk

    Dave.

    higgy, Jun 8, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Kez Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > Hi wondering if anyone knew of some real good region 1 dvd cover
    > sites to get covers
    >
    > cheers dave
    >
    > PS it so i can back up some of my original region 1 dvds as they are
    > rare to get and would like to keep originals safe away because some
    > of them cant be bought anymore

    if this is true, why not scan them yourself?

    Kez, Jun 8, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi wondering if anyone knew of some real good region 1 dvd cover sites

    > get covers
    >
    > cheers dave
    >
    > PS it so i can back up some of my original region 1 dvds as they are

    rare to
    > get and would like to keep originals safe away because some of them

    cant be
    > bought anymore

    "Backups", right, whatever.

    Try www.dvdcoverart.com

    Joshua Zyber, Jun 8, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    I cant scan them as they are snapper cases most region 1 dvds and if you
    don't know what a snapper case is it is cardboard no sleeve and they wont go
    in the scanner.

    Dragon, Jun 8, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > I cant scan them as they are snapper cases most region 1 dvds and if you
    > don't know what a snapper case is it is cardboard no sleeve and they wont

    go
    > in the scanner.

    Remove the card. The top & bottom plastic bits snap open, allowing you to
    remove the cardboard from the plastic case. You can place the cardboard back
    in, and snap the holders back.

    ---

    Nath, Jun 8, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    well I never knew that thank you

    Dragon, Jun 8, 2004
  12. Dragon

    Kez Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > I cant scan them as they are snapper cases most region 1 dvds and if
    > you don't know what a snapper case is it is cardboard no sleeve and
    > they wont go in the scanner.

    you can unclip snapper cases ;-)

    Kez, Jun 8, 2004
  13. Dragon

    Dave Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi wondering if anyone knew of some real good region 1 dvd cover

    sites to
    > get covers

    Cover Sites.......
    http://daprogger.mine.nu/
    http://bestcovers.tgnetwk.com/
    http://www.cdcovers.cc/
    and if you have trouble finding the cover you want try......
    http://www.mega-search.net/
    that's a nice covers search engine :))

    PS
    Don't listen to the idiots of the group, that will in so many words
    accuse you of pirating films, the people so far that have said things
    like 'if you own the original, why don't you scan the artwork' are the
    idiots, the reason is simple, scanning the artwork from your dvd is
    technically against the law as it is a breach of copyright, (that for
    the idiots in English means scanning a cover is just like copying a
    film....i.e. its against the law)
    however the sites ive listed above often have custom made covers (i.e.
    they are different to the original artwork) and as long as you don't
    make any profit from their use it is perfectly legal to download these
    type of covers and print them.
    *Cue the regular bunch of ranting halfwits with their usual rant of a
    response*

    Dave, Jun 8, 2004
  14. Dragon

    CheggersPop Guest

    <snip>
    > scanning the artwork from your dvd is
    > technically against the law as it is a breach of copyright, (that for
    > the idiots in English means scanning a cover is just like copying a
    > film....i.e. its against the law)

    <snip>

    What absolute pile of shite, if it's your DVD (for Dave's in English this
    means you've purchased it) then you can do what ever you want with the
    package, disc or art work if it's for you own use. You can scan it, copy it,
    break it or use it as a coaster if it takes your fancy. The only problem
    comes if/when you start lending/selling the content.

    You foolish, foolish individual!

    (".)

    *Cue 'Dave the Halfwit' with his unusual view of the copyright law*

    CheggersPop, Jun 8, 2004
  15. Dragon

    Dave Guest

    "CheggersPop" <> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    > > scanning the artwork from your dvd is
    > > technically against the law as it is a breach of copyright, (that

    for
    > > the idiots in English means scanning a cover is just like copying

    > > film....i.e. its against the law)

    > <snip>
    >
    > What absolute pile of shite, if it's your DVD (for Dave's in English

    this
    > means you've purchased it) then you can do what ever you want with

    the
    > package, disc or art work if it's for you own use. You can scan it,

    copy it,

    RMOFLOL, a prime example of a uk.media.dvd plebs missunderstanding of
    copyright law, you cannot reproduce anything that is copyright
    protected, without permission, it changed to come in line with EU
    legislation last year.
    Learn a bit about the real law you moron. Instead of the inbred view
    some morons in UMD have of it.

    > break it or use it as a coaster if it takes your fancy. The only

    problem
    > comes if/when you start lending/selling the content.

    How wrong you are
    perhaps you should read through this
    http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1988/Ukpga_19880048_en_1.htm
    as well as other info that can be found through google, such as the
    ammendments that came in last year, then get somebody to translate the
    legal blabber to you, as obviously you are a bit
    slow/thick/ignorant/moronic *delete as appropriate :D*

    > You foolish, foolish individual!

    LOL, you really are an idiot.

    > (".)
    >

    > *Cue 'Dave the Halfwit' with his unusual view of the copyright law*

    *more like cue the link with the facts from me, and cue that time
    again when i have to haul in the fishing net*

    Dave, Jun 8, 2004
  16. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Hi Dave

    Thank you, I cant understand why when you ask for a dvd cover site or
    anything like this people automatically think you are pirating the film. Do
    people think if I was I would ask on here on how to get covers if I was a
    pirater as they call me. I would know this im not stupid I can name
    hundreds of sites that have covers but I did not know you could unclip the
    cover on snapper cases and find region 1 covers are a little less easier to
    find

    The only reason is they are rare ones like true lies region 1 try and get
    that now days, and I would like to just copy them and put the originals away
    not sell them as people are indicating on here.

    Now correct me if im wrong as far as I know you can backup the original for
    my personnel use so what harm im I doing to anyone.

    Dave

    Dragon, Jun 8, 2004
  17. Dragon

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you, I cant understand why when you ask for a dvd cover site or
    > anything like this people automatically think you are pirating the

    film.

    There's nothing wrong with downloading DVD cover art, either a scan of
    the original or something custom made. Sometimes the original cover gets
    damaged and you need a replacement, or you just don't like the look of
    the artwork the studio chose. Fine. You didn't even need to explain it.

    The only reason people called you out on this was your justification
    that you were making "backups". That just sounds like a fake reason.
    Honestly, who makes backups of DVD cover art? The majority of discs are
    released in keepcases that have a clear plastic cover over the artwork,
    so even if you spill something on it you're unlikely to damage the
    cover. You pretty much have to go out of your way to pull the artwork
    out and then damage it. DVD cover art is not something valuable, and is
    easily replaceable, so it seems odd that anyone would need or want to
    store backup copies.

    Maybe you're the obsessive type who keeps extra copies of everything you
    own? Nothing wrong with that. It just sounded odd, like a fake
    justification that a bootlegger would use: "Uhhh... I need....
    backups... yeah, that's it... backups for the artwork on all of my
    legally purchased discs... uh huh... And I also need lots of blank DVD-R
    discs and mailing boxes, because I want to make backup copies of my
    discs and mail them to myself. Really."

    Joshua Zyber, Jun 9, 2004
  18. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    thanks josh

    your right I am very obsessive as yes you are right why back up the covers,
    simple so I can store them on the shelf in the living room where the
    originals are. I intend to put some not all in a sealed box and in a bag
    and put them safely under the bed out the way. This might also sound daft
    but I also fear anyone getting in and robbing them on me so I put the real
    rare ones out of reach then I have backup originals safely away.

    I have loads of ink and paper and its not like I use them much so its a
    worthy cause just to print out the covers in eco and store them on the shelf
    at least they look good and I know what film is what rather than open cases
    and find them

    Please do understand something here guys I am not asking for region 2 covers
    here I am asking for region 1 covers that are rare so u must understand its
    not like I am asking for region 2 covers as I have loads of sites that do
    dvd covers for region 2 stuff and region 2 stuff are not rare dvds, I can
    get them off ebay. just the rare region 1 stuff i.e. true lies, homer and
    eddie hard stuff that I would prefer to keep safe away

    Dave

    Dragon, Jun 9, 2004
  19. Dragon

    Dave Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Dave
    >
    > Thank you, I cant understand why when you ask for a dvd cover site

    or
    > anything like this people automatically think you are pirating the

    film. Do

    Most people wouldnt, only certain thickos in UMD would.

    > people think if I was I would ask on here on how to get covers if I

    was a
    > pirater as they call me. I would know this im not stupid I can name
    > hundreds of sites that have covers but I did not know you could

    unclip the
    > cover on snapper cases and find region 1 covers are a little less

    easier to
    > find

    Well custom covers are easy to get, normally they are 100% legal to
    download, store and print, though the dumb people of UMD obviously
    dont realise that

    > The only reason is they are rare ones like true lies region 1 try

    and get
    > that now days, and I would like to just copy them and put the

    originals away
    > not sell them as people are indicating on here.

    I dont blame you, if i had rare dvd material of course you would want
    to keep it in as best condition as possible, and i understand when you
    would want a cover for the film if like me you show of all your dvds
    on a shelf, then of course you want its cover, having a shelf with a
    few plain boring black cases just doesnt look the same.

    > Now correct me if im wrong as far as I know you can backup the

    original for
    > my personnel use so what harm im I doing to anyone.

    Well you aint doing anyone any harm, though the idiots in here seem to
    think otherwise.

    Dave, Jun 9, 2004
  20. Dragon

    Marci Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Thank you, I cant understand why when you ask for a dvd cover site or
    >>anything like this people automatically think you are pirating the

    > film.
    >
    > There's nothing wrong with downloading DVD cover art, either a scan of
    > the original or something custom made. Sometimes the original cover gets
    > damaged and you need a replacement, or you just don't like the look of
    > the artwork the studio chose. Fine. You didn't even need to explain it.
    >
    > The only reason people called you out on this was your justification
    > that you were making "backups". That just sounds like a fake reason.
    > Honestly, who makes backups of DVD cover art? The majority of discs are
    > released in keepcases that have a clear plastic cover over the artwork,
    > so even if you spill something on it you're unlikely to damage the
    > cover. You pretty much have to go out of your way to pull the artwork
    > out and then damage it. DVD cover art is not something valuable, and is
    > easily replaceable, so it seems odd that anyone would need or want to
    > store backup copies.
    >
    > Maybe you're the obsessive type who keeps extra copies of everything you
    > own? Nothing wrong with that. It just sounded odd, like a fake
    > justification that a bootlegger would use: "Uhhh... I need....
    > backups... yeah, that's it... backups for the artwork on all of my
    > legally purchased discs... uh huh... And I also need lots of blank DVD-R
    > discs and mailing boxes, because I want to make backup copies of my
    > discs and mail them to myself. Really."

    I have a lot of deteriorating older videos that I just don't have the
    extra money to replace with DVDs so I've been copying them onto DVD
    before they get too bad to view. I download covers because they look a
    heck of a lot nicer on a shelf than a black case.

    Marci, Jun 9, 2004