OT: Classic MCNGP article repost for Frisbee©®

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Network Guru, May 26, 2005.

  1. Network Guru

    Network Guru Guest

    Network Guru, May 26, 2005

  2. Network Guru

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <#>,
    says...
    > http://www.mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=396
    >
    > Sorry Frisbee, had to do it.

    LOL

    I love the comments:

    "Thursday - 4/25/02: Consultant from Internet says:
    Sir, If you spent anytime at all, sifting thru this newsgroup, you would
    come to a quick realization that meanoldman and myself diligently fight
    in the pursuit of cleansing our industry of braindumpers and theives
    alike. Should you wish to do an article on the two founding fathers of
    this elite certification, feel free to contact me and I can arrange
    this. Consultant"

    Of course, there is someone that actually credits Consultant with being
    somekind of leader:

    "Friday - 1/2/04: Anonymous says:
    LOL. If you would sift through the newsgroup you would find that all
    that Consultant does is profanely insult people. He is probably the
    worst of them. He makes a joke of the most serious discussions and in
    the process hijacks the thread so the other MCNGP morons pipe in and the
    discussion is gone."

    Here is one that gives me props:

    "Thursday - 4/25/02: Doug says:
    Carrion runs a boot camp, so it's no wonder he dislikes the "trolls" in
    the MCSE group. They regularly flame those advertising boot camps and
    braindumps, keeping the NG free from that crap. Yet, they are willing to
    answer any real questions posted. Don't forget Ben Smith, from
    Microsoft, who does an excellent job moderating the NG and even holds
    weekly chat sessions to personally answer questions. Carrion is just a
    hack who earns a living devaluing technical certifications. "

    And of course, who could forget Paul Lynch:

    "Thursday - 4/25/02: Paul Lynch from Manchester UK says:
    Well said sir. Those MCNGP lamers truly are a bunch of sad teenage idiot
    flamers indeed.... "

    Ben Smith, May 26, 2005

  3. Bob Christian, May 26, 2005
  4. Would the real Ben Smith from Microsoft please stand up.

    Bob Christian, May 26, 2005
  5. Network Guru

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Classic MCNGP article repost for Frisbee©®

    In news:OUfn$,
    Bob Christian <> rambled:
    > You @$$h0l3s have had control of this newsgroup since March 2002? My
    > compliments to the chief!

    Indeed, it was before that. I think I came along sometime around then, and
    the MCNGP was in full swing.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    www.mcngp.com has explored Antarctica. Nude.

    Briscobar, May 26, 2005
  6. Network Guru

    Robert Moir Guest

    Bob Christian wrote:
    > You @$$h0l3s have had control of this newsgroup since March 2002? My
    > compliments to the chief!

    more like 2001. Not sure about earlier!

    Robert Moir, May 26, 2005
  7. Network Guru

    Consultant Guest

    Re: Classic MCNGP article repost for Frisbee©®

    it is real

    Consultant, May 26, 2005
  8. Network Guru

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Subject: Re: OT: Classic MCNGP article repost for Frisbee©®
    > From: "Bob Christian" <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > Would the real Ben Smith from Microsoft please stand up.

    I am the real deal.

    Ben Smith, May 26, 2005
  9. Network Guru

    meanoldman Guest

    Re: Classic MCNGP article repost for Frisbee©®

    Awesome, thanks Fris! I love seeing my name in print. I saved a pdf of
    this now.

    meanoldman MCNGP #1 - God's gift to IT newsgroups

    meanoldman, May 26, 2005
  10. Network Guru

    Consultant Guest

    Re: Classic MCNGP article repost for Frisbee©®

    oh yeah, well, i, uh, uh, tatooed it on my ass

    Consultant, May 26, 2005
  11. Network Guru

    Neil Guest

    Re: Classic MCNGP article repost for Frisbee©®

    did you hear "Consultant" <> say in news:eXIy9
    #:

    > it is real

    updates?

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I wrote a few children's books, but not on purpose.

    Neil, May 26, 2005
  12. Network Guru

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Classic MCNGP article repost for Frisbee©®

    >more like 2001. Not sure about earlier!

    the old days.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, May 26, 2005
  13. Network Guru

    meanoldman Guest

    Re: Classic MCNGP article repost for Frisbee©®

    pix plz.

    meanoldman, May 26, 2005
  14. =?Windows-1252?Q?Re:_OT:_Classic_MCNGP_article_repost_for_Frisbee=A9=AE?=

    Ben Smith wrote:

    > And of course, who could forget Paul Lynch:
    >
    > "Thursday - 4/25/02: Paul Lynch from Manchester UK says:
    > Well said sir. Those MCNGP lamers truly are a bunch of sad teenage
    > idiot flamers indeed.... "

    You did take a bit of a sabbatical, so you might not know that Paul started
    taking some medication (same as NG claims) and actually became one of our
    biggest supporters. He's one of only a very few posters who was offered an
    MCNGP membership and respectfully declined. Had he accepted, he'd have
    foiled NG's stated goal of becoming the first MCNGP who was also a LotW.
    So, there's still hope for NG, but he never e-mails me.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, May 26, 2005
  15. Network Guru

    In news:Xns96627B9B14F3Dneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16,
    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:
    > did you hear "Consultant" <> say in
    > news:eXIy9 #:
    >
    >> it is real

    > updates?

    the best

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    www.mcngp.com claims to have seen the Loch Ness monster on several
    occasions.

    Briscobar, May 26, 2005
  16. =?Windows-1252?Q?Re:_Classic_MCNGP_article_repost_for_Frisbee=A9=AE?=

    Bob Christian wrote:
    > You @$$h0l3s have had control of this newsgroup since March 2002? My
    > compliments to the chief!
    >
    > "Network Guru" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=396
    >>
    >> Sorry Frisbee, had to do it.

    Actually, our anniversary date is October 29th, 2001

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group...icrosoft.com&rnum=1&filter=0#b5d94830d852e675

    "Speaking of certifications.. I am thinking of starting one of my own for
    this group. The coveted MCNGP or Mean Certified News Group Poster. There
    are some here who will automatically qualify but I need to come up with some
    sort of standard to gauge who can be a MCNGP. I think one will have to be
    to use Chalk's infamous post in it's pure form at least once. The applicant
    will also need to demonstrate a good working knowledge of who's dog was
    kicked."
    "Any comments, suggestions?"

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, May 26, 2005
  17. Network Guru

    Ben Smith Guest

    Re: =?Windows-1252?Q?Re:_OT:_Classic_MCNGP_article_repost_for_Frisbee=A9=AE?=

    In article <>, billLASTINIT@dasi-
    software.com says...
    > Ben Smith wrote:
    > >
    > > And of course, who could forget Paul Lynch:
    > >
    > > "Thursday - 4/25/02: Paul Lynch from Manchester UK says:
    > > Well said sir. Those MCNGP lamers truly are a bunch of sad teenage
    > > idiot flamers indeed.... "

    > You did take a bit of a sabbatical, so you might not know that Paul started
    > taking some medication (same as NG claims) and actually became one of our
    > biggest supporters. He's one of only a very few posters who was offered an
    > MCNGP membership and respectfully declined. Had he accepted, he'd have
    > foiled NG's stated goal of becoming the first MCNGP who was also a LotW.
    > So, there's still hope for NG, but he never e-mails me.

    Well thanks for bursting that bubble.

    I always thought that mean and PL were the same person anyhow.

    Ben Smith, May 26, 2005
  18. Network Guru

    Ben Smith Guest

    Re: =?Windows-1252?Q?Re:_Classic_MCNGP_article_repost_for_Frisbee=A9=AE?=

    In article <>, billLASTINIT@dasi-
    software.com says...
    > Bob Christian wrote:
    > > You @$$h0l3s have had control of this newsgroup since March 2002? My
    > > compliments to the chief!
    > >
    > > "Network Guru" <> wrote in message
    > >> http://www.mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=396
    > >>
    > >> Sorry Frisbee, had to do it.

    > Actually, our anniversary date is October 29th, 2001
    >
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group...icrosoft.com&rnum=1&filter=0#b5d94830d852e675
    >
    > "Speaking of certifications.. I am thinking of starting one of my own for
    > this group. The coveted MCNGP or Mean Certified News Group Poster. There
    > are some here who will automatically qualify but I need to come up with some
    > sort of standard to gauge who can be a MCNGP. I think one will have to be
    > to use Chalk's infamous post in it's pure form at least once. The applicant
    > will also need to demonstrate a good working knowledge of who's dog was
    > kicked."
    > "Any comments, suggestions?"

    I will mark my calendar.

    Ben Smith, May 26, 2005
  19. Network Guru

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Classic MCNGP article repost for Frisbee©®

    In news:,
    Frisbee® <> rambled:

    > Actually, our anniversary date is October 29th, 2001

    And my indoctrination came almost 2 years later, October 23, 2003:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group...nsubject:(Was:"&rnum=1&hl=en#8fb7f6753cb1198b

    One of my finest acheivements in life. And, may I add, one of the MCNGP's
    greatest decisions.

    Alright, now that I've sufficiently inflated my ego, I'm off to drop a giant
    chocolate mud baby, then get a little work done. I'll be back later.

    BTW, I'm still waiting for #52 so that I can get my hands on a deck of MCNGP
    playing cards...

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    When a girl walks in with a itty bitty waist and a round thing in your
    face, you get www.mcngp.com.

    Briscobar, May 26, 2005
  20. Network Guru

    Robert Moir Guest

    Frisbee® wrote:
    > Bob Christian wrote:
    >> You @$$h0l3s have had control of this newsgroup since March 2002? My
    >> compliments to the chief!
    >>
    >> "Network Guru" <> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=396
    >>>
    >>> Sorry Frisbee, had to do it.

    > Actually, our anniversary date is October 29th, 2001
    >
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group...icrosoft.com&rnum=1&filter=0#b5d94830d852e675
    >
    > "Speaking of certifications.. I am thinking of starting one of my
    > own for this group. The coveted MCNGP or Mean Certified News Group
    > Poster. There are some here who will automatically qualify but I
    > need to come up with some sort of standard to gauge who can be a
    > MCNGP. I think one will have to be to use Chalk's infamous post in
    > it's pure form at least once. The applicant will also need to
    > demonstrate a good working knowledge of who's dog was kicked."
    > "Any comments, suggestions?"

    Yeah where's mine? I applied on that date and I'm STILL waiting! And to
    think people whine at MS when Bill Gates doesn't personally fly out their
    MCP cert 10 seconds after they pass that exam!

    Robert Moir, May 26, 2005