    then afterwards either moved the item to another isle or put a sign up
    saying
    this item was exempt from the sale.

    mark_digital©, Dec 1, 2006

  2. mark_digital©

    J. Clarke Guest

    On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:43:31 -0500, mark_digital© wrote:

    > Sometimes merchandise is placed where it makes most sense but categorically
    > doesn't fit in.
    > A small privately owned store was having a 20% off sale on toys. But they
    > sell
    > other things too that weren't on sale.
    > In the toy isle was a fuzzy cloth bound photo book containing three pages
    > with inserts for pictures. The manufacturer of this item is a toy
    > manufacturer.
    >
    > The cashier refused to take 20% off this item, calling it a book, not a toy.
    > The
    > customer said it was in the toy isle and nobody in their right mind would
    > consider this an actual book. She finally won out only because the cashier
    > said I'm tired of arguing with you.
    >
    > I believe the cashier should have taken the 20% off without an arguement and
    > then afterwards either moved the item to another isle or put a sign up
    > saying
    > this item was exempt from the sale.

    Was the cashier the store manager? If not then he or she probably wouldn't
    have the authority to do either of those and giving you the 20% may have
    been a decision that "I'd rather have my cash drawer come up short and pay
    the 20% out of my own pocket and get chewed out by the boss than continue
    arguing with this jerk".

    Of course your response to that would be "the cashier should have gotten
    the store manager", which is fine if the manager wasn't at lunch or
    somewhere else inaccessible.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate