OT: Canon AE-1 and AE-1P Equipment

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Yahoo, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. Yahoo

    Yahoo Guest

    From a past lifetime, I have an AE-1 and AE-1P with a bunch of lenses
    and accessories. Is there a market for this stuff besides ebay? Is
    anyone interested in "vintage" 35mm SLRs these days?

    BL

    Yahoo, Nov 27, 2006

  2. Yahoo

    Greg \_\ Guest

    In article <>,
    Yahoo <> wrote:

    > From a past lifetime, I have an AE-1 and AE-1P with a bunch of lenses
    > and accessories. Is there a market for this stuff besides ebay? Is
    > anyone interested in "vintage" 35mm SLRs these days?
    >
    > BL

    You"ll be lucky if you get 50 $ for a good condition body.
    --
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
    the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

    Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
    and never looking back.

    www.gregblankphoto.com

    Greg \_\, Nov 27, 2006

  3. Yahoo

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Yahoo <> wrote:

    > From a past lifetime, I have an AE-1 and AE-1P with a bunch of lenses
    > and accessories. Is there a market for this stuff besides ebay? Is
    > anyone interested in "vintage" 35mm SLRs these days?
    >
    > BL

    I've got an AE1 sitting in a cupboard with a couple of zooms. What
    lenses do you have?

    Stewy, Nov 27, 2006
  4. Yahoo

    Doug Robbins Guest

    Re: Canon AE-1 and AE-1P Equipment

    The AE-1 are good shooters. Problem is, most of them suffer from "mirror
    squeak" due to the drying out of the lubricant. If you can CLA the camera
    yourself, they can be a good value for film users. Otherwise, figure about
    $100 to get the camera back into good operating condition. People selling
    Canons on ebay usually conceal this problem.

    Doug

    Doug Robbins, Nov 27, 2006
  5. Re: Canon AE-1 and AE-1P Equipment

    "Yahoo" <> wrote in message
    > From a past lifetime, I have an AE-1 and AE-1P with a bunch of lenses
    > and accessories. Is there a market for this stuff besides ebay? Is
    > anyone interested in "vintage" 35mm SLRs these days?
    >
    > BL

    Hello.
    Have you tried a posting to rec.photo.equipment.35mm?

    Regards, Ian.

    Fred Anonymous, Nov 28, 2006