OT: Canadian Resilience

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Brat, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Brat

    Brat Guest

    Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

    50° Fahrenheit (10° C)
    Californians shiver uncontrollably.
    Canadians plant gardens

    35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)
    Italian Cars won't start
    Canadians drive with the windows down

    32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)
    American water freezes
    Canadian water gets thicker.

    0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)
    New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
    Canadians have the last cookout of the season

    -60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)
    Mt. St. Helens freezes.
    Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door

    -100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)
    Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
    Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

    -173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)
    Ethyl alcohol Freezes.
    Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

    -460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)
    Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops
    Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

    -500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
    Hell freezes over.
    The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Brat

    kat Guest

    That seems a little exagerated to me. As stated earlier, I d not say
    "eh". And I don't wear earflaps. I may start to use gloves at that time,
    but ear flaps are a major fashion no-no.

    Brat wrote:

    > Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart
    >
    > 50° Fahrenheit (10° C)
    > Californians shiver uncontrollably.
    > Canadians plant gardens
    >
    > 35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)
    > Italian Cars won't start
    > Canadians drive with the windows down
    >
    > 32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)
    > American water freezes
    > Canadian water gets thicker.
    >
    > 0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)
    > New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
    > Canadians have the last cookout of the season
    >
    > -60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)
    > Mt. St. Helens freezes.
    > Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door
    >
    > -100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)
    > Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
    > Canadians pull down their ear flaps.
    >
    > -173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)
    > Ethyl alcohol Freezes.
    > Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.
    >
    > -460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)
    > Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops
    > Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"
    >
    > -500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
    > Hell freezes over.
    > The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

    --
    Kat MCNGP Wanna be

    /* Saying your OS is the best in the world 'cause more people use it is
    like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world. */

    kat, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Brat

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > That seems a little exagerated to me. As stated earlier, I d not say
    > "eh". And I don't wear earflaps. I may start to use gloves at that time,
    > but ear flaps are a major fashion no-no.

    chicks with earflaps are hawt.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Brat

    JaR Guest

    Brat opined, On 2/18/04 7:42 PM:

    > -500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
    > Hell freezes over.
    > The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

    And Don gets laid.

    JaR, Feb 19, 2004
  5. "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Brat opined, On 2/18/04 7:42 PM:
    >
    > > -500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
    > > Hell freezes over.
    > > The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
    > >

    > And Don gets laid.

    By something other than a piece of furniture.

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601

    Politician Spock, Feb 19, 2004
  6. Brat

    techgrl Guest

    Ain't it the truth!!! He he he ;)

    Hey Brat - are you guys getting this nor'easter??? We've
    gotten 60+ cm here on the mainland - BLAH! State of
    Emergency here - hoping we keep power......

    techgrl, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Brat

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Canadian Resilience

    >Hey Brat - are you guys getting this nor'easter??? We've
    >gotten 60+ cm here on the mainland - BLAH! State of
    >Emergency here - hoping we keep power......

    Nice day here in sunny California... Going to the driving range today.

    *plbbbbb*

    Jtyc, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Brat

    JaR Guest

    Politician Spock opined, On 2/19/04 10:01 AM:
    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Brat opined, On 2/18/04 7:42 PM:
    >>

    >>>-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
    >>> Hell freezes over.
    >>> The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
    >>>

    >>And Don gets laid.

    > By something other than a piece of furniture.

    Dammit! There goes the keyboard! Luckily, it's my favorite old IBM model
    M so I can just toss it in the dishwasher.

    JaR
    Thrifty Thug

    JaR, Feb 19, 2004
  9. Brat

    techgrl Guest

    Re: Canadian Resilience

    I have a driving range just up the road from me - would
    have to take my snow wedge though ;)

    Neener neener!

    techgrl, Feb 19, 2004
  10. Brat

    billyw Guest

    did you say ear flaps..

    billyw, Feb 19, 2004
  11. Brat

    billyw Guest

    Re: Canadian Resilience

    yea but your gonna fall into the sea one day.. unless that caldera in
    yellowstone gets you first of course..

    billyw, Feb 19, 2004
  12. Brat

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "billyw" wrote in message
    > did you say ear flaps..

    Where the hell have you been lately? Thought you might've gone the way of
    the Fris.

    anyways, yes. Ear Flaps = hawt.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 19, 2004
  13. Brat

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Canadian Resilience

    > yea but your gonna fall into the sea one day.. unless that caldera in
    > yellowstone gets you first of course..

    feh... The caldera will blow up Wyoming and the fallout will blow eastward.

    no worries mate

    Jtyc, Feb 19, 2004
  14. Brat

    Brat Guest

    Re: Canadian Resilience

    lol it just hit us an hour ago... we are only supposed to get about 10 cm's
    of snow and then about 10 mm of rain... only 80 km/h winds... sucks to be
    you lady lololololololololololol (sorry but I left Moncton last summer and I
    saw what they were getting and I am still laughing). Funny though, everyone
    always thought NL got the bad weather... we still havent gotten the storms
    you guys have had. The kids have had only 1 storm day out of school this
    year (since sept)... hehehe

    I feel for ya... really I do... I just can't help but do a happy dance that
    we aren't getting it too :p

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 19, 2004
  15. Brat

    Brat Guest

    unrealistic but funny though

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 19, 2004
  16. Brat

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Canadian Resilience

    > lol it just hit us an hour ago... we are only supposed to get about 10
    cm's
    > of snow and then about 10 mm of rain... only 80 km/h winds... sucks to be
    > you lady lololololololololololol (sorry but I left Moncton last summer and

    > saw what they were getting and I am still laughing). Funny though,

    everyone
    > always thought NL got the bad weather... we still havent gotten the storms
    > you guys have had. The kids have had only 1 storm day out of school this
    > year (since sept)... hehehe

    Please use English only. Do not speak Metric.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 19, 2004
  17. Brat

    Brat Guest

    Re: Canadian Resilience

    HEY! This thread is Canadian... YOU do the conversion lol

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 19, 2004
  18. Brat

    techgrl Guest

    Re: Canadian Resilience

    Aww lucky :( We here in Hfx are up to 60+ cm now - and
    that wind is NASTY. Got a day off work though so can't
    complain there :) It's true - you guys don't really get
    megabad storms.

    Still have my power though - woowhooo! Everyone here is
    concerned b/c of the trees already stressed from the
    hurricane - cracking and taking out power.

    It's pretty out though....

    He he ;)

    techgrl, Feb 19, 2004
  19. Brat

    Brat Guest

    Re: Canadian Resilience

    only canadians would look outside at a snow storm and say oooooh pretty
    lol... but you are right... I love the pristine look after a fresh snow
    storm... untouched by man or machine... makes me want to take a sleigh
    ride... can't do that down the streets of the capital though hehe

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 19, 2004
  20. Brat

    JaR Guest

    Re: Canadian Resilience

    Ken Briscoe opined, On 2/19/04 12:34 PM:

    >>lol it just hit us an hour ago... we are only supposed to get about 10

    > cm's
    >
    >>of snow and then about 10 mm of rain... only 80 km/h winds... sucks to be
    >>you lady lololololololololololol (sorry but I left Moncton last summer and

    >>saw what they were getting and I am still laughing). Funny though,

    > everyone
    >
    >>always thought NL got the bad weather... we still havent gotten the storms
    >>you guys have had. The kids have had only 1 storm day out of school this
    >>year (since sept)... hehehe

    > Please use English only. Do not speak Metric.

    Let me help.

    That would be 100 inches of snow

    101000% of an inch of rain

    and 110010 mph winds