    C) Celebrate the aniversary of the Boxer Rebellion.
    D) All of the above.

    kp "?" g

    kpg, Dec 21, 2005

  2. kpg

    T-Bone Guest

    Re: Canadia Question

    "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote
    > OK. I'm looking at my calendar and there it is.
    >
    > Dec 26: Boxing Day (C).

    If I recall my urban legend lore, way back when, it was supposed to be a day
    where the servants and masters switched roles. Recently, its become the
    equivalent of American "Black Friday"... a holiday for everyone except those
    unfortunate enough to work in retail.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Dec 21, 2005

  3. kpg

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Canadia Question

    kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> rambled:

    > OK. I'm looking at my calendar and there it is.
    >
    > Dec 26: Boxing Day (C).
    >
    > So, the day after Christmas Canadians:
    >
    > A) Get drunk and box each other.
    > B) Throw out all those Christmas boxes.
    > C) Celebrate the aniversary of the Boxer Rebellion.
    > D) All of the above.

    No, they sit there in their boxers all day, exhausted and stuffed from the
    festivities the day before. Too lazy to actually get dressed.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    If you don't like techgeekpro, visit www.mcngp.com and hold down your
    F5 key.

    Briscobar, Dec 21, 2005
  4. kpg

    Neil Guest

    Re: Canadia Question

    did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in

    > No, they sit there in their boxers all day, exhausted and stuffed from
    > the festivities the day before. Too lazy to actually get dressed.

    close enough

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I object to sex on TV. I keep falling off!

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  5. kpg

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> say in

    http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/jfa-ha/boxing_e.cfm

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Confucius say: No fun to kiss girl over phone unless in same booth

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  6. kpg

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> say in

    > did you hear kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> say in
    >
    >> OK. I'm looking at my calendar and there it is.
    >>
    >> Dec 26: Boxing Day (C).
    >>
    >> So, the day after Christmas Canadians:
    >>
    >> A) Get drunk and box each other.
    >> B) Throw out all those Christmas boxes.
    >> C) Celebrate the aniversary of the Boxer Rebellion.
    >> D) All of the above.
    >>

    >> kp "?" g

    > http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/jfa-ha/boxing_e.cfm

    actually this is even better:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

    (so there's this thing called google, kgp, and you can, like, look stuff
    up on it and stuff, 'k?)

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - 'Bother', said Pooh as he stuffed Piglet's corpse into a trash bag

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  7. kpg

    kpg Guest

    > (so there's this thing called google, kgp, and you can, like, look
    > stuff up on it and stuff, 'k?)

    Well, for your information, Mr. Smarty Canadian Pants, I
    did look it up. But I found the answer to be less than
    satisfying.

    Besides, I never pass up an oppertunity to make fun
    of Canadia.

    kp "A leaf? What's up with that?" g

    kpg, Dec 21, 2005
  8. kpg

    Jtyc Guest

    Jtyc, Dec 21, 2005
  9. kpg

    kpg Guest

    kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\181898.htm (12/21/2005
    > 10:01:20 AM) #
    >> (so there's this thing called google, kgp, and you can, like, look
    >> stuff up on it and stuff, 'k?)

    > Well, for your information, Mr. Smarty Canadian Pants, I
    > did look it up. But I found the answer to be less than
    > satisfying.
    >
    > Besides, I never pass up an oppertunity to make fun
    > of Canadia.
    >
    > kp "A leaf? What's up with that?" g

    I apologize, I shouldn't have snapped at you.

    It's just that this time of year the pressure
    really gets to me, you know, with Boxing Day
    coming up and all.

    kpg

    kpg, Dec 21, 2005
  10. kpg

    James Guest

    Re: Canadia Question

    its an extra day off where all us Canadians get to sit at home in our boxers
    laughing at the americans who all have to go back to work

    James, Dec 21, 2005
  11. kpg

    Frisbee® Guest

    > kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> said something like
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\181898.htm (12/21/2005
    >> 10:01:20 AM) #
    >>> (so there's this thing called google, kgp, and you can, like, look
    >>> stuff up on it and stuff, 'k?)

    >> Well, for your information, Mr. Smarty Canadian Pants, I
    >> did look it up. But I found the answer to be less than
    >> satisfying.
    >>
    >> Besides, I never pass up an oppertunity to make fun
    >> of Canadia.
    >>
    >> kp "A leaf? What's up with that?" g

    > I apologize, I shouldn't have snapped at you.
    >
    > It's just that this time of year the pressure
    > really gets to me, you know, with Boxing Day
    > coming up and all.

    Hey, any country that has a national holiday celebrating almost nekkid
    wimmins beating each other up in a kiddie pool filled with choklit puddin'
    is alright in my book.

    Frisbee®, Dec 21, 2005
  12. kpg

    JaR Guest

    > (so there's this thing called google, kgp, and you can, like, look stuff
    > up on it and stuff, 'k?)

    I see!

    So, in other words, nobody really knows why it's called "Boxing Day" at
    all?

    Well, that's cleared up then!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Dec 21, 2005
  13. kpg

    Ben Smith Guest

    Ben Smith, Dec 21, 2005
  14. kpg

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Canadia Question

    James <> rambled:

    > its an extra day off where all us Canadians get to sit at home in our
    > boxers laughing at the americans who all have to go back to work

    Not this year, fool! XMas is on a Sunday, so most people get the following
    day off. I know I do. So Boxing Day is cancelled this year.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Find the meaning of life at www.mcngp.com. Also, free burritos on
    Thursdays.

    Briscobar, Dec 21, 2005
  15. kpg

    > James <> rambled:
    >>
    >> its an extra day off where all us Canadians get to sit at home in our
    >> boxers laughing at the americans who all have to go back to work

    > Not this year, fool! XMas is on a Sunday, so most people get the
    > following day off. I know I do. So Boxing Day is cancelled this year.
    >
    > --
    > KB
    >
    > MCNGP #26
    > Find the meaning of life at www.mcngp.com. Also, free burritos on
    > Thursdays.

    I will be getting this Friday off (we get a stat holiday here at work for
    Christmas Eve) Monday and Tuesday are holidays (in lieu of Christmas and
    Boxing day), Next Friday we get off (We get Newyears eve too!) and then
    the following Monday!

    _I LOVE GUMMINT!!!111!!!eleventy-one11!!!!!_

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Scotty, hurry! Beam me uragg^* NO CARRIER

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  16. kpg

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Jtyc" <> say in news:
    #:

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

    > Figures you'd have to use a brain dump...

    bastig

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - What am I? Flypaper for freaks?!

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  17. kpg

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Ben Smith <> say in

    > In article <#>,
    > says...
    >> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

    >> Figures you'd have to use a brain dump...
    >>

    > POTD!

    f' off and your little security book too...

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  18. kpg

    > Besides, I never pass up an oppertunity to make fun
    > of Canadia.

    ME EITHER!

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Running on a deadly-fast mix of Warp and Jolt!

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  19. kpg

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> say in

    > It's just that this time of year the pressure
    > really gets to me, you know, with Boxing Day
    > coming up and all.

    well, merry chrismahanakwanzakah to you then...

    (down THEN across)

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Modesty is a vastly overrated virtue

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  20. kpg

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in

    > Hey, any country that has a national holiday celebrating almost nekkid
    > wimmins beating each other up in a kiddie pool filled with choklit
    > puddin' is alright in my book.

    we need to pass that into law quick before teh election....

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Upgrade: Software industry term for the process of selling a user the
    same word processor for the fifth time.

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005