    playback is substantially better. Thanks in advance for any
    recommendations...

    , Mar 26, 2006

  2. Guest Guest

    Re: Can someone *please* recommend a decent VCR?

    <> wrote in message
    > In addition to my DVDs, of course, I've still plenty of tapes that I
    > care to watch, and want to buy a spare VCR to store as a back-up. They
    > all seem to be built like crap these days and are negatively reviewed.
    > The Sony SLV-N900 and the Panasonic PV-V-4625S seem to be readily
    > available, but seem cheap as well. I've no need for taping so S-VHS
    > isn't necessary, unless the overall build quality for standard VHS
    > playback is substantially better. Thanks in advance for any
    > recommendations...

    The last VCR I purchased was the Panasonic PV-V464. I haven't seen anything
    that would cause me not to buy another one. It seems at least as good as
    any I've ever had, and that includes VCRs in the hundreds of dollars. I
    paid $60 at Costco.

    Norm Strong

    Guest, Mar 27, 2006

  3. Bob Guest

    On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:49:58 -0800, <> wrote:

    >The last VCR I purchased was the Panasonic PV-V464. I haven't seen anything
    >that would cause me not to buy another one. It seems at least as good as
    >any I've ever had, and that includes VCRs in the hundreds of dollars. I
    >paid $60 at Costco.

    I got the low end Panasonic at Best Buy for the same price several
    years ago and it performed satisfactorily until it wore out after 6
    years of nearly constant use.

    --
    "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
    It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

    Bob, Mar 27, 2006