    Can anyone give me the name/type of a tripod that is able to be "panned' &
    tilted by a remote device.
    TIA Mort

    Mort, Feb 8, 2008

  2. Mort

    ArseClown Guest

    "Mort" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Can anyone give me the name of a tripod that is able to
    > be "panned' &
    > tilted by a remote device.
    > TIA Mort

    Craig.

    --
    http://improve-usenet.org/filters_ex1.html

    ArseClown, Feb 8, 2008

  3. Mort

    Mort Guest

    Re: Camera Tripod

    Sorry, bit of a crossed line here, when I talk of a tripod I meant one used
    with a camera or camcorder.
    Mort

    Mort, Feb 8, 2008
  4. Mort

    Rôgêr Guest

    Rôgêr, Feb 8, 2008
  5. Mort

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-02-08, Mort <> wrote:
    > Can anyone give me the name/type of a tripod that is able to be "panned' &
    > tilted by a remote device.
    > TIA Mort

    Try 'motorised tripod head' or 'automatic pan head'. (It's presumably
    just the bit that connects the camera to the support that you want to have
    remote control of, not the entire support). Such things are commonplace
    here in the UK where surveillance cameras can track your every move ...

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Feb 8, 2008
  6. Mort

    thanatoid Guest

    "Mort" <> wrote in

    > Can anyone give me the name/type of a tripod that is able
    > to be "panned' &
    > tilted by a remote device.
    > TIA Mort

    There are many, from pricey to extremely expensive. Mostly used
    for security apps. And there is no tripod, the camera is
    attached to a special metal mount which is bolted to a wall or
    roof. A monitored camera base is avail. as an attachment.
    Tripods are for movies etc.

    Call your local CCTV security companies and ask what they have.
    Or Google.

    There MAY be a $50 dollar Chinese toy which claims to do the
    same thing (and /may/ actually do so for 2 hours until it
    breaks) available now, there is a lot of crap out there these
    days.

    --
    "As you know, it is considered bad form to discuss the latest
    news with persons from the beyond."

    thanatoid, Feb 9, 2008