OT but fun from the ISA NG

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Rick, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    here is the post

    <Snip>
    Hi all

    I cannot seem to get a Macintosh to surf the web from behind my ISA server.
    I understand that it must be a SecureNAT client and that it is responsible
    for it's own DNS resolution. I must be doing something wrong because the
    browser is telling me that the "specified server could not be found"
    whenever I try to surf to an external site.

    I have specified a DNS server outside local network in the Mac's TCP/IP
    properties (we have an internal DNS server that handles resolution for
    internal clients), but from what I can see, ISA is not passing the request
    through to the external DNS. Windows clients work fine.

    Is there anything obvious I have done wrong here?

    -Thanks

    <END SNIP>

    First clue you are trying to integrate a Mac into a windows network. Second
    Clue SecureNat why not just set it up as a socks client. Maybe I should tell
    him to come post here

    Rick, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Rick

    RH Guest

    Anything wrong? Sure...you're screwing around with a
    MAC!!!

    RH, Jun 11, 2004