    that I'm using XP.
    Can anyone supply a suggestion or method that will lead to
    my getting this fax in use again?
    antwine, Sep 30, 2005

  2. antwine

    Silvabod Guest

    OK, you bought this bit of kit "on spec" from a car boot sale for a
    quid(dollar?).
    Have you checked this kit for hardware compatability with XP on MS site?
    Have you checked the downloaded disk files for a "README" (or similar) text
    file for information?

    Coulld be there's a lot of pertinent info (on disk 1 download) that would
    help ... post back with informative info.

    Silvabod.

    Silvabod, Oct 1, 2005

  3. antwine

    antwine Guest

    Silvabod:
    I have absolutely no reason to post anything but the facts and it is
    exactly as stated - an old fax that I put aside a few months ago
    when moving locations and never brought back into operation
    until two days ago.
    I have googled and checked Brother until I believe I may have
    just reached the end of patience. I did fine a manual on maintenance
    and repair but nothing about operation instructions. I ran a test on
    operation and the fax will receive OK so I suppose the other
    attributes are probably OK also but I sure would like to set
    various parameters of the machine also.
    Other than running Win XP pro there are no other applicable
    implications.

    antwine, Oct 1, 2005