(OT)boyracer gets caught

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, Oct 19, 2005.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    wasnt the link to this video posted in here recently?
    if not ..apologies
    http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=55983
    A 21-year-old Christchurch man has appeared in court, charged with reckless
    driving after he posted pictures of his deeds on the Internet.

    The pictures clearly show the driver and his vehicle doing burnouts and other
    boy racer stunts on a public street.

    The video show ends with the car crashing.

    Police received numerous complaints about the pictures from within the country
    and from overseas. They were able to track the driver through the car's
    clearly visible registration number.

    The driver has pleaded guilty today. He has been disqualified from driving
    for nine months and has received 120 hours community work

    Im pretty sure thats the one with mainfreight in the background

    Shane, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Shane

    Not Dave Guest

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:50:13 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    growled these words from under a rock:

    >wasnt the link to this video posted in here recently?
    >if not ..apologies
    >http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=55983
    >A 21-year-old Christchurch man has appeared in court, charged with reckless
    >driving after he posted pictures of his deeds on the Internet.
    >
    >The pictures clearly show the driver and his vehicle doing burnouts and other
    >boy racer stunts on a public street.
    >
    >The video show ends with the car crashing.
    >
    >Police received numerous complaints about the pictures from within the country
    >and from overseas. They were able to track the driver through the car's
    >clearly visible registration number.
    >
    >The driver has pleaded guilty today. He has been disqualified from driving
    >for nine months and has received 120 hours community work
    >
    >Im pretty sure thats the one with mainfreight in the background

    Crazy - I was just having a laugh at the video...

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5586190858616560725&q=wrx

    http://tinyurl.com/9b7kv

    Not Dave, Oct 19, 2005

  3. Shane

    colinco Guest

    In article Not Dave says...
    > >The driver has pleaded guilty today. He has been disqualified from driving
    > >for nine months and has received 120 hours community work
    > >
    > >Im pretty sure thats the one with mainfreight in the background

    > Crazy - I was just having a laugh at the video...

    Put up a video of his wrx being crushed and see how many hits it gets
    :)

    colinco, Oct 19, 2005
  4. Hi there,

    Shane wrote:
    > wasnt the link to this video posted in here recently?
    > if not ..apologies
    > http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=55983
    > A 21-year-old Christchurch man has appeared in court, charged with reckless
    > driving after he posted pictures of his deeds on the Internet.
    >
    > The pictures clearly show the driver and his vehicle doing burnouts and other
    > boy racer stunts on a public street.
    >
    > The video show ends with the car crashing.
    >
    > Police received numerous complaints about the pictures from within the country
    > and from overseas. They were able to track the driver through the car's
    > clearly visible registration number.
    >
    > The driver has pleaded guilty today. He has been disqualified from driving
    > for nine months and has received 120 hours community work
    >
    > Im pretty sure thats the one with mainfreight in the background

    I used to come across some needle-dick boyracer doing something equally
    stupid almost on a daily basis living in Chch...now living in Brisbane
    I don't think I've seen such stupidity even once in the 9 months I've
    been here...

    The only shame about that kid in the video is that he didn't hit the
    tree hard enough to kill himself...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Chris Wilkinson, Oct 20, 2005
  5. "Chris Wilkinson" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Shane wrote:
    >> wasnt the link to this video posted in here recently?
    >> if not ..apologies
    >> http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=55983
    >> A 21-year-old Christchurch man has appeared in court, charged with
    >> reckless driving after he posted pictures of his deeds on the Internet.
    >>
    >> The pictures clearly show the driver and his vehicle doing burnouts and
    >> other boy racer stunts on a public street.
    >>
    >> The video show ends with the car crashing.
    >>
    >> Police received numerous complaints about the pictures from within the
    >> country and from overseas. They were able to track the driver through the
    >> car's
    >> clearly visible registration number.
    >>
    >> The driver has pleaded guilty today. He has been disqualified from
    >> driving
    >> for nine months and has received 120 hours community work
    >>
    >> Im pretty sure thats the one with mainfreight in the background

    > I used to come across some needle-dick boyracer doing something equally
    > stupid almost on a daily basis living in Chch...now living in Brisbane
    > I don't think I've seen such stupidity even once in the 9 months I've
    > been here...
    >
    > The only shame about that kid in the video is that he didn't hit the
    > tree hard enough to kill himself...
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    > Anyone wishing to email me directly can remove the obvious
    > spamblocker, and replace it with t p g <dot> c o m <dot> a u

    yeah, guys like this killed the mother of a 2 year old a couple of months
    ago... they should be jailed.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Oct 20, 2005
  6. Shane

    Who Am I Guest

    In article <wgC5f.1492$>,
    "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote:

    > yeah, guys like this killed the mother of a 2 year old a couple of months
    > ago... they should be jailed.

    Yep, they should be tried for MURDER. Its is a CHOICE with well known
    risks to drive in this manner. Why is it acceptable to kill people with
    a car and less acceptable by any other means.

    You would get two different reactions and headlines in the news when a
    child is killed by a boyr wanker or by someone with a gun/knife.

    Who Am I, Oct 20, 2005