    let their contract expire and I found it to be excellent. Just wondering
    what others thought about it.

    Brian

    Brian, Aug 17, 2005

  2. "Brian" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Hello!
    >
    > Has anyone out there used Books 24/7? My company used to have it before
    > they let their contract expire and I found it to be excellent. Just
    > wondering what others thought about it.

    I use Safari books online, a competitor, and find it invaluable. It's only
    $15/month for my level of subscription and has a 30-day trial.

    They do have MS Press and Cisco Press titles available. :)
    --
    Leonid S. Knyshov
    Crashproof Solutions, LLC - http://www.crashproofsolutions.com

    Leonid S. Knyshov, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Wow..I will check them out...I have Books 24/7 free (currently) but may
    change companies soon and want my own account. I will check out Safari...

    Books 24/7, in the ITPRO books, has over 4,000 books.

    Brian

    Brian, Aug 18, 2005
  4. Brian

    Guest

    It sounds that it is a good books site.

    John S.
    http://2020ok.com - Free Online Books

    , Aug 18, 2005
  5. August 18, 2005

    I have it free from my ssssshhhhhhhhhh... local library..... but I don't
    use it much. I can't stand to read an entire 600 page book on a computer
    screen so I mostly just check to see if it looks good and I go and buy it.

    --
    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/
    Static IP

    Joseph Bittman MCSD, Aug 18, 2005
  6. Brian

    Zeca Guest

    can we print books from 24/7 or Safari books ??
    I mean if we subscribe it....

    Zeca, Aug 18, 2005
  7. August 18, 2005

    I don't know, but I doubt it...

    Joseph Bittman MCSD, Aug 18, 2005
  8. "Zeca" <> wrote in message
    > can we print books from 24/7 or Safari books ??
    > I mean if we subscribe it....

    There is no technical restriction. The content is pure HTML...You can buy
    some chapters as PDFs if you want.

    There is also no point as you'll spend more time printing books page by page
    than you will studying. :)

    Leonid S. Knyshov, Aug 19, 2005
  9. Brian

    Brian Guest

    You can print what is on your screen via the browser but no option for the
    entire book.

    Brian, Aug 19, 2005