    thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No, just checked it. Bastards!
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 28, 2004

  2. ~misfit~

    Chris Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in
    news:xeLDc.4772$:

    > I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of the Formula 1
    > at Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener) and there was bloody
    > rugby on! I hate getting up at that hour as it is. I left a 3 hr video
    > tape running, thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No, just checked
    > it. Bastards! --
    > ~misfit~

    That was on last week

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Jun 28, 2004

  3. ~misfit~

    Collector_NZ Guest

    ~misfit~ said the following on 28/06/2004 14:19:

    > I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of the Formula 1 at
    > Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener) and there was bloody rugby on!
    > I hate getting up at that hour as it is. I left a 3 hr video tape running,
    > thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No, just checked it. Bastards!
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    If you want to get on TVNZ's case have a look atthe thread in nntp:nz.general
    WTF is TVNZ
    Collector_NZ, Jun 28, 2004
  4. ~misfit~

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Re: Bloody TVNZ!

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of the Formula 1 at
    > Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener) and there was bloody rugby

    on!
    > I hate getting up at that hour as it is. I left a 3 hr video tape running,
    > thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No, just checked it. Bastards!
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Blame the Listener not TVNZ which most people know had already screened that
    race LIVE on the day of the event.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jun 28, 2004
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: Bloody TVNZ!

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of the Formula
    >> 1 at Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener) and there was
    >> bloody rugby on! I hate getting up at that hour as it is. I left a 3
    >> hr video tape running, thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No,
    >> just checked it. Bastards! --
    >> ~misfit~

    > Blame the Listener not TVNZ which most people know had already
    > screened that race LIVE on the day of the event.

    I didn't realise that it wasn't live until today.

    That annoys me even more. I don't watch a lot of TV but I like to watch the
    F1. I've been buying the Listener for nearly 20 years and (maybe I missed
    it) I didn't see it advertised last week.

    I actually cancelled my Sky subscription in protest years ago when they
    refused to renew the rights to screen it.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 28, 2004
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of the Formula 1
    >> at Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener) and there was bloody
    >> rugby on! I hate getting up at that hour as it is. I left a 3 hr
    >> video tape running, thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No, just
    >> checked it. Bastards! --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > That was on last week

    I didn't know that. I don't watch much TV and neglected to check the
    schedule. (I just go by what's in the Listener when I get a chance to read
    it).

    Not my bloody day.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 28, 2004
  7. ~misfit~

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Re: Bloody TVNZ!

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    > > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > >> I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of the Formula
    > >> 1 at Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener) and there was
    > >> bloody rugby on! I hate getting up at that hour as it is. I left a 3
    > >> hr video tape running, thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No,
    > >> just checked it. Bastards! --
    > >> ~misfit~

    > > Blame the Listener not TVNZ which most people know had already
    > > screened that race LIVE on the day of the event.

    > I didn't realise that it wasn't live until today.
    >
    > That annoys me even more. I don't watch a lot of TV but I like to watch

    the
    > F1. I've been buying the Listener for nearly 20 years and (maybe I missed
    > it) I didn't see it advertised last week.
    >
    > I actually cancelled my Sky subscription in protest years ago when they
    > refused to renew the rights to screen it.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Just check the F1 calendar of events. If you've missed it, they might show
    highlights next Sunday afternoon if they haven't done so yesterday.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jun 28, 2004
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: Bloody TVNZ!

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>> "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Blame the Listener not TVNZ which most people know had already
    >>> screened that race LIVE on the day of the event.

    >> I didn't realise that it wasn't live until today.
    >>
    >> That annoys me even more. I don't watch a lot of TV but I like to
    >> watch the F1. I've been buying the Listener for nearly 20 years and
    >> (maybe I missed it) I didn't see it advertised last week.
    >>
    >> I actually cancelled my Sky subscription in protest years ago when
    >> they refused to renew the rights to screen it.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~

    > Just check the F1 calendar of events. If you've missed it, they
    > might show highlights next Sunday afternoon if they haven't done so
    > yesterday.

    I must do that. Google here I come!
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 28, 2004
  9. ~misfit~

    Enkidu Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:19:18 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    > I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of
    > the Formula 1 at Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener)
    > and there was bloody rugby on! I hate getting up at that
    > hour as it is. I left a 3 hr video tape running, thinking they'd
    > maybe have it on after. No, just checked it. Bastards!

    Car racing on TV? I'd rather watch paint drying. Now going along and
    watching it live, that's a different thing all together.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Jun 28, 2004
  10. ~misfit~

    Stewbaby Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message news:<xeLDc.4772$>...
    > I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of the Formula 1 at
    > Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener) and there was bloody rugby on!
    > I hate getting up at that hour as it is. I left a 3 hr video tape running,
    > thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No, just checked it. Bastards!

    Sorry Misfit, but blaming TVNZ for your lack of planning is like
    blaming a PC manufacturer for you getting a virus, or a car yard for
    you getting a speeding ticket. Not their fault, buddy.

    Bloody Holden... shouldn't make cars that go fast enough to break the
    speed limit!

    You must be really passionate about the F1 season if you don't even
    know when the races are ;^)

    Personally, I would like to see the race live, then bet with people
    like you on the result... easy money ;^)

    Cheers,
    Stewbaby
    Stewbaby, Jun 29, 2004
  11. Stewbaby wrote:
    > Personally, I would like to see the race live, then bet with people
    > like you on the result... easy money ;^)

    unless it was another M Shu tribute race...

    dunno, wasn't interested enough to watch.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 29, 2004
  12. ~misfit~

    Collector_NZ Guest

    ~misfit~ said the following on 28/06/2004 14:19:

    > I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of the Formula 1 at
    > Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener) and there was bloody rugby on!
    > I hate getting up at that hour as it is. I left a 3 hr video tape running,
    > thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No, just checked it. Bastards!
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    For your edification

    F1 live from France is on this weekend. Which is great since it is a much
    better time zone than the americanas rounds.

    A good place to log into is http://www.formula1.com/ which has a live feed with
    times and commentary and other interesting bits and pieces.
    The feed lagged a lot from USA/Canada but is surprisingly right on top of the
    broadcast for most of the Asian and European races.

    You missed a good race at the Brick Yard, Schumacher of course did the deed,
    but poor old Ralph hit the wall in reverse at high speed. Lots of dying and
    dead F1 cars with only 8 finishers. Even Sauber got a point in this race.
    Collector_NZ, Jun 29, 2004
  13. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 28/06/2004 14:19:
    >
    >> I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of the Formula
    >> 1 at Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener) and there was
    >> bloody rugby on! I hate getting up at that hour as it is. I left a 3
    >> hr video tape running, thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No,
    >> just checked it. Bastards! --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > For your edification
    >
    > F1 live from France is on this weekend. Which is great since it is a
    > much better time zone than the americanas rounds.

    Thanks.

    > A good place to log into is http://www.formula1.com/ which has a live
    > feed with times and commentary and other interesting bits and pieces.
    > The feed lagged a lot from USA/Canada but is surprisingly right on
    > top of the broadcast for most of the Asian and European races.

    I'm on dial-up. :-(

    > You missed a good race at the Brick Yard, Schumacher of course did
    > the deed, but poor old Ralph hit the wall in reverse at high speed.
    > Lots of dying and dead F1 cars with only 8 finishers. Even Sauber got
    > a point in this race.

    I've missed every F1 race from Indy since they went there (3 years?). I
    really want to see how they go on an oval.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 29, 2004
  14. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Stewbaby wrote:
    >> Personally, I would like to see the race live, then bet with people
    >> like you on the result... easy money ;^)

    > unless it was another M Shu tribute race...
    >
    > dunno, wasn't interested enough to watch.

    He won it. He's won all but one race this year.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 29, 2004
  15. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Stewbaby wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch the USA round of the Formula
    >> 1 at Indianapolis (as advertised in the Listener) and there was
    >> bloody rugby on! I hate getting up at that hour as it is. I left a 3
    >> hr video tape running, thinking they'd maybe have it on after. No,
    >> just checked it. Bastards!

    > Sorry Misfit, but blaming TVNZ for your lack of planning is like
    > blaming a PC manufacturer for you getting a virus, or a car yard for
    > you getting a speeding ticket. Not their fault, buddy.

    Yeah, I guess you're right. I was just annoyed.

    > Bloody Holden... shouldn't make cars that go fast enough to break the
    > speed limit!

    They don't do they? <g>. Now Fords, that's a different story.....

    > You must be really passionate about the F1 season if you don't even
    > know when the races are ;^)

    I admit I'm not as passionate about it as I used to be. However I still like
    to watch the races when I can. At one stage (when Sky had the F1) I watched
    every race live for a couple of years.

    > Personally, I would like to see the race live, then bet with people
    > like you on the result... easy money ;^)

    You wouldn't take advantage of me would you? This season seems to be no
    contest anyway. M.S./Ferrari looks nigh-on unbeatable.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 29, 2004
  16. ~misfit~

    Collector_NZ Guest

    ~misfit~ said the following on 29/06/2004 13:57:

    > Collector_NZ wrote:
    >
    >>~misfit~ said the following on 28/06/2004 14:19:
    >>

    >>For your edification
    >>
    >>F1 live from France is on this weekend. Which is great since it is a
    >>much better time zone than the americanas rounds.

    > Thanks.
    >

    >>A good place to log into is http://www.formula1.com/ which has a live
    >>feed with times and commentary and other interesting bits and pieces.
    >>The feed lagged a lot from USA/Canada but is surprisingly right on
    >>top of the broadcast for most of the Asian and European races.

    > I'm on dial-up. :-(

    So am I and a lousy one at that but it still is good value, not a bandwidth hog
    at all.

    >>You missed a good race at the Brick Yard, Schumacher of course did
    >>the deed, but poor old Ralph hit the wall in reverse at high speed.
    >>Lots of dying and dead F1 cars with only 8 finishers. Even Sauber got
    >>a point in this race.

    > I've missed every F1 race from Indy since they went there (3 years?). I
    > really want to see how they go on an oval.

    The only part of the oval that is used is the last turn and part of the main
    straight. The rest of the course winds in the infield.
    Collector_NZ, Jun 29, 2004
  17. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 29/06/2004 13:57:
    >> I've missed every F1 race from Indy since they went there (3
    >> years?). I really want to see how they go on an oval.

    > The only part of the oval that is used is the last turn and part of
    > the main straight. The rest of the course winds in the infield.

    Oh, Ok. That would still be interesting I guess. I mean, I enjoy all the
    other races, especially the ones on tracks where there are a lot of passing
    opportunities. (That's part of the reason I thought an oval might be
    interesting).
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 29, 2004
  18. ~misfit~

    Fishb8 Guest

    Prime, too. I like to record Top Gear on Sunday evening, but the program
    often starts late and you need to add an extra 15 minutes on the end to be
    sure of getting it. A couple of weeks back I got the Warriors getting
    beater, for the first 20 minutes. Now, I really don't need that.
    Roy

    Fishb8, Jun 29, 2004
  19. "Fishb8" <> wrote in message
    > Prime, too. I like to record Top Gear on Sunday evening, but the program
    > often starts late and you need to add an extra 15 minutes on the end to be
    > sure of getting it. A couple of weeks back I got the Warriors getting
    > beater, for the first 20 minutes. Now, I really don't need that.
    > Roy

    Top Gear is an amazing programme.
    I sit there with a big dopey grin from the start to the end.
    It is absolutely the only show I'd go out of my way to watch or be bothered
    enough to tape if I had to miss it!
    Cheers
    Neal
    Neal Phillips, Jun 29, 2004
  20. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Neal Phillips wrote:
    > "Fishb8" <> wrote in message
    >> Prime, too. I like to record Top Gear on Sunday evening, but the
    >> program often starts late and you need to add an extra 15 minutes on
    >> the end to be sure of getting it. A couple of weeks back I got the
    >> Warriors getting beater, for the first 20 minutes. Now, I really
    >> don't need that.
    >> Roy

    > Top Gear is an amazing programme.
    > I sit there with a big dopey grin from the start to the end.
    > It is absolutely the only show I'd go out of my way to watch or be
    > bothered enough to tape if I had to miss it!

    Gotta agree, Top Gear is a great proggy. I think it *used* to be better than
    it is now but hey, that's just me. Unfortunately I don't have great UHF
    reception, it's barely watchable but taping it is a waste of time. I used to
    tape it if I noticed it on in the listings overnight on BBC world. However,
    the times in the Listener are, more often than not, incorrect. (I don't know
    whether that's the fault of The Listener, TVNZ or the BBC).
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 30, 2004