OT: Best Buy Yamaha Home Theater

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Sparky, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Sparky

    Sparky Guest

    Best Buy has Yamaha's JBL 6.1 home theater on sale for $699, regular
    $899. It looks pretty nice, but I'm something of a newb when it comes
    to home theaters. My goal is to eventualy upgrade to a decent TV and
    decent DVD player- I'm running cheapo stuff now. So I was looking at
    the home theater as my first step. I was originally budgeting $1000
    for the home theater- but I have $700 now and I saw the sale.

    The TV room, if it matters, is a simple bedroom converted to the
    pleasures of viewing movies. There are two sofas and the TV. So I
    don't reckon I need huge amounts of sound amplification power.

    So, any thoughts on this model? Thanks for any help.

    Meanwhile I will scour the web for home theater information....

    -Sparky
    -Sparky

    "She's mine, mine, mine you hear- you have all the wives you need!"
    -Torgo
    Sparky, Feb 26, 2004