    AVI files from my digital camera that need some editing for brightness.
    Anybody know of any free trials I can get to brighten up the images,
    preferably something inexpensive to register?
    Mike Dobony, Mar 17, 2008

  2. Mike Dobony

    Paul Furman Guest

    Mike Dobony wrote:
    > This might be a bit off topic, but not sure of a better NG. I have some
    > AVI files from my digital camera that need some editing for brightness.
    > Anybody know of any free trials I can get to brighten up the images,
    > preferably something inexpensive to register?

    rec.video.desktop is a good group for the question. I like Sony Vegas,
    there are free ones too like VirtualDub. None are particularly easy to
    use, video is complicated.
    Paul Furman, Mar 17, 2008

  3. Mike Dobony

    Spamm Trappe Guest

    On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:14:02 -0500, Mike Dobony wrote:
    > This might be a bit off topic, but not sure of a better NG.

    Sense you seem to be detail-challenged, I've pruned the BIG LIST a
    little for for you:

    alt.video.digital-tv! 1-34800
    alt.video.divx! 1-45630
    alt.video.dvd! 1-1153522
    alt.video.dvd.software! 1-88137
    alt.video.dvd.tech! 1-91229
    alt.video.laserdisc! 1-395152
    alt.video.ptv.replaytv! 1-27422
    alt.video.ptv.tivo! 1-95607
    alt.video.satellite.4dtv! 1-11838
    alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb! 1-8267
    alt.video.sound! 1-605
    alt.video.tape-trading! 1-195009
    alt.video.vcr! 1-29390
    dk.marked.privat.tv+video.dvd! 1-57567
    es.rec.video.dvd! 1-57685
    es.rec.video.edicion! 1-45265
    fido7.ru.video.exch! 1-954
    fido7.ru.video.films! 1-5254
    fido7.ru.video.series! 1-1375
    fido7.ru.video.x-files! 1-19083
    fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.card! 1-86054
    fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.monitor! 1-23002
    fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.riva! 1-8062
    fido7.su.hardw.tv.video.profi! 1-7825
    fj.rec.games.video.characters! 1-8362
    fj.rec.games.video.home.playstation! 1-59816
    fj.rec.games.video.home.playstation2! 1-5228
    fj.rec.games.video.pc! 1-25819
    fr.rec.jeux.video.action! 1-11956
    fr.rec.jeux.video.autres! 1-2581
    fr.rec.jeux.video.aventure-jdr! 1-14798
    fr.rec.jeux.video.debats! 1-5547
    fr.rec.jeux.video.materiel! 1-46209
    fr.rec.jeux.video.strategie! 1-6666
    fr.rec.jeux.video.tombraider! 1-59646
    fr.rec.son-image.dvd-video.titres! 1-96929
    fr.rec.son-image.video.materiel! 1-45207
    fr.rec.son-image.video.realisation! 1-55683
    it.media.video.produzione! 1-253058
    japan.video.hardware! 1-2066
    japan.video.soft! 1-1166
    rec.games.video.3do! 1-111019
    rec.games.video.advocacy! 1-55307
    rec.games.video.arcade! 1-246355
    rec.games.video.arcade.collecting! 1-601315
    rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace! 1-168434
    rec.games.video.atari! 1-144132
    rec.games.video.cd-i! 1-14360
    rec.games.video.cd32! 1-7396
    rec.games.video.classic! 1-276794
    rec.games.video.marketplace! 1-299917
    rec.games.video.misc! 1-74825
    rec.games.video.nintendo! 1-636865
    rec.games.video.sega! 1-745979
    rec.games.video.sony! 1-741094
    rec.video.cable-tv! 1-95532
    rec.video.desktop! 1-470878
    rec.video.desktop.toaster! 1-17478
    rec.video.dvd.advocacy! 1-8694
    rec.video.dvd.marketplace! 1-38071
    rec.video.dvd.misc! 1-38023
    rec.video.dvd.players! 1-102857
    rec.video.dvd.tech! 1-68788
    rec.video.dvd.titles! 1-107166
    rec.video.marketplace! 1-81485
    rec.video.production! 1-259322
    rec.video.professional! 1-18774
    rec.video.releases! 1-33396
    rec.video.satellite.dbs! 1-207688
    rec.video.satellite.europe! 1-27114
    rec.video.satellite.misc! 1-28022
    rec.video.satellite.tvro! 1-154856
    sfnet.harrastus.audio+video.autohifi! 1-24000
    sfnet.harrastus.audio+video.kotihifi! 1-31678
    sfnet.harrastus.audio+video.kotiteatteri! 1-51727
    uk.games.video.dreamcast! 1-163615
    uk.games.video.misc! 1-130533
    uk.games.video.playstation! 1-194261
    uk.games.video.playstation.forsale! 1-55879
    uk.rec.video.digital! 1-43593
    alt.games.video.xbox! 1-407584
    uk.games.video.gameboy! 1-20611
    alt.video.tape-trading.pal! 1-5066
    alt.games.video.sony-playstation.faqs! 1-1586
    sfnet.harrastus.audio+video.satelliitti! 1-11382
    alt.video.avid-editors! 1-2134
    alt.video.avid_editors! 1-3198
    alt.video.dvdr! 1-49309
    uk.games.video.xbox! 1-207335
    uk.tech.tv.video.pvr! 1-10194
    es.rec.video.misc! 1-1932
    fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.nvidia! 1-12
    alt.video.dvd.authoring! 1-38555
    alt.games.video.nintendo.animal-crossing! 1-10396
    fido7.ru.video.happy.end! 1-126
    adobe.premiere.video.editing! 1-7206
    alt.games.video.nintendo! 1-380
    fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.ati! 1-67
    uk.games.video.handheld! 1-21820
    fido7.ru.video.lexx!
    fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.f3dfx!
    alt.video.ptv.mythtv! 1-236
    uk.games.video.nintendo! 1-1730
    Spamm Trappe, Mar 17, 2008
  4. Mike Dobony

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    > Mike Dobony wrote:
    >> This might be a bit off topic, but not sure of a better NG. I have some
    >> AVI files from my digital camera that need some editing for brightness.
    >> Anybody know of any free trials I can get to brighten up the images,
    >> preferably something inexpensive to register?

    > rec.video.desktop is a good group for the question. I like Sony Vegas,
    > there are free ones too like VirtualDub. None are particularly easy to
    > use, video is complicated.

    Go to:

    http://www.goldwave.com

    Check out the Multiquence prog. You can download it for free; use it on a
    trial basis; and, if you aren't sure by the time the trial is finished,
    just uninstall it and reinstall. It will give you another trial period, the
    same length.

    Also, it's cheap to register.

    I've got both Multiquence and its sister audio editor Goldwave.

    They are both great, and just about the only editors that are accessible to
    persons with visual disabilities.
    Are they any good?

    Well, an Australian scientist just used the audio editor to clarify a
    long-running dispute.

    When Neil Armstrong stepped down onto the moon, he was reported as saying:
    "One small step for man, one giant step for mankind."

    He was criticized for being redundant. Both parts of the statement
    basically meaning the same thing. Mr. Armstrong always claimed that he
    actually said, "One small step for {a} man, one giant step for mankind."
    But nobody believed him because the recordings didn't verify his claim.

    Well, the researcher from Australia, using Goldwave" analyzed the original
    Nasau tapes, and he found a tiny little blip that wasn't audible using older
    technologies, but which he was able to enhance.

    Sure enough, the blip was the missing "a".

    Yeah, I know, it's a bit off topic. But, it's interesting...

    Good Luck,
    Dudley
    Dudley Hanks, Mar 17, 2008