    "I kind of thought it was like subscribing to the yellow pages," said
    Lewen. "We kept getting copies of the phone book, so I thought AOL was doing
    that. I also wanted the virus protection, because it was flu season."

    Dragon, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Dragon

    billyw Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    wonder who he voted for

    "Well, I got the disk in the mail, and it said if I wanted to subscribed I
    should send money to these people," said Carl Lewen, an AOL subscriber in
    Kentucky who does not own a computer. "It never said anything about having
    to do anything with the disk. I thought it was kind of like a souvenir."

    and yes i know it's satire

    billyw, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Dragon

    T-Bone Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    "Dragon" <> wrote
    > "I kind of thought it was like subscribing to the yellow pages," said
    > Lewen. "We kept getting copies of the phone book, so I thought AOL was

    doing
    > that. I also wanted the virus protection, because it was flu season."

    LOL. Unlike most of their stories, its almost believable.

    For the humour impaired, make sure you read the disclaimer page.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    > wonder who he voted for

    It's satire you rube.

    Jtyc, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Dragon

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Dragon climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > http://www.watleyreview.com/2004/111604-3.html
    >
    > "I kind of thought it was like subscribing to the yellow pages," said
    > Lewen. "We kept getting copies of the phone book, so I thought AOL was
    > doing that. I also wanted the virus protection, because it was flu
    > season."

    I thought for sure Snopes would debunk this.

    ....But it doesn't.

    If true, I wonder how many of those people voted?

    JaR
    Dismayed Thug

    JaR, Nov 17, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Jtyc Guest

    Jtyc, Nov 17, 2004
  7. Dragon

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    >> I thought for sure Snopes would debunk this.
    >>
    >> ...But it doesn't.
    >>
    >> If true, I wonder how many of those people voted?

    > It's satire.
    > http://www.watleyreview.com/About.html

    Sad to think that I have so little faith in the intelligence of others that
    such a thing could even be considered to be true. But conversely, when in
    the past I have given the benefit of the doubt, I have invariably been
    proven wrong.

    JaR
    Cynical Thug

    JaR, Nov 17, 2004
  8. Dragon

    billyw Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    who's the rube..
    scroll down right to the bottom of my post..

    i believe that is 2-0 to me today.. cha-ching

    billyw, Nov 17, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    You are on da roll, aren't ya?

    :)

    Dragon, Nov 17, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    In news:eLd$y$,
    Dragon <> rambled:

    > http://www.watleyreview.com/2004/111604-3.html
    >
    > "I kind of thought it was like subscribing to the yellow pages," said
    > Lewen. "We kept getting copies of the phone book, so I thought AOL
    > was doing that. I also wanted the virus protection, because it was
    > flu season."

    HEY! IS THIS THING REAL?!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 17, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    > scroll down right to the bottom of my post..

    I refuse to have to scroll down 20ft.

    > i believe that is 2-0 to me today.. cha-ching

    Based on bad posting edicate. I don't think that that's something to be
    proud of.

    bloody English...

    Jtyc, Nov 17, 2004
  12. Dragon

    JaR Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > edicate.

    ?????????

    JaR
    Confused Thug

    JaR, Nov 17, 2004
  13. Dragon

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    In news:Xns95A46D52E36E9plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    JaR <> rambled:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc climbed on a soapbox &
    > opined:
    >
    >> edicate.

    > ?????????

    He obviously meant edifice.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 17, 2004
  14. Dragon

    billyw Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    a bush-ism for etiquette perhaps

    billyw, Nov 17, 2004
  15. Dragon

    billyw Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    yes it is...
    oh easter bunny on line 2 for you

    billyw, Nov 17, 2004
  16. Dragon

    JaR Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ken Briscoe climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > In news:Xns95A46D52E36E9plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    > JaR <> rambled:
    >>
    >> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc climbed on a soapbox &
    >> opined:
    >>
    >>> edicate.

    >> ?????????
    >>

    > He obviously meant edifice.

    Long as he didn't mean edipox

    JaR
    Immunized Thug

    JaR, Nov 17, 2004
  17. Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    Mmmm... bunny....

    www.recipezaar.com/r/396

    Keyboard Cowboy, Nov 17, 2004
  18. Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    Ken Briscoe wrote:
    > In news:Xns95A46D52E36E9plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    > JaR <> rambled:
    >>
    >> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc climbed on a soapbox &
    >> opined:
    >>
    >>> edicate.

    >> ?????????
    >>

    > He obviously meant edifice.

    Orifice, silly.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Nov 17, 2004
  19. Dragon

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    > a bush-ism for etiquette perhaps

    Dat's what I said you English pig-dog! Go and boil your bottom, son of a
    silly person. I blow my nose at you, you and all your silly English
    k-nnnnniggets.

    Jtyc, Nov 17, 2004
  20. Dragon

    billyw Guest

    Re: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

    i fart in your general direction..

    billyw, Nov 17, 2004