    be willing to make the transfer to the Aussie bank a/c for him if he
    transfers the money to their NZ/paypal account first.

    Any takers?

    Andrew Gerald, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Andrew Gerald

    My Guest

    On 17 Feb 2005 12:26:35 -0800, "Andrew Gerald" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there anyone here with both an Aussie and NZ bank a/c? Or an Aussie
    >bank a/c and a Paypal a/c?
    >
    >A friend of mine wants to place an order with a shop in Aussie but they
    >only accept bank transfers as payment. He was wondering if anyone would
    >be willing to make the transfer to the Aussie bank a/c for him if he
    >transfers the money to their NZ/paypal account first.
    >
    >Any takers?

    He's not some son of a king of some african state with millions that
    need to be moved off-shore...

    My, Feb 18, 2005

  3. My wrote:
    > On 17 Feb 2005 12:26:35 -0800, "Andrew Gerald" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is there anyone here with both an Aussie and NZ bank a/c? Or an

    Aussie
    > >bank a/c and a Paypal a/c?
    > >
    > >A friend of mine wants to place an order with a shop in Aussie but

    they
    > >only accept bank transfers as payment. He was wondering if anyone

    would
    > >be willing to make the transfer to the Aussie bank a/c for him if he
    > >transfers the money to their NZ/paypal account first.
    > >
    > >Any takers?

    > He's not some son of a king of some african state with millions that
    > need to be moved off-shore...

    Heh, unfortunately nothing nearly as interesting. Just buying some
    DVD-R's from a computer shop. They're the MaxMax ones which you can't
    seem to get here in NZ anymore.

    Andrew Gerald, Feb 18, 2005
  4. Andrew Gerald

    Peter Guest

    Andrew Gerald wrote:
    > Is there anyone here with both an Aussie and NZ bank a/c? Or an Aussie
    > bank a/c and a Paypal a/c?
    >
    > A friend of mine wants to place an order with a shop in Aussie but they
    > only accept bank transfers as payment. He was wondering if anyone would
    > be willing to make the transfer to the Aussie bank a/c for him if he
    > transfers the money to their NZ/paypal account first.

    Won't your NZ bank transfer $$ to an Aust account?

    Peter, Feb 18, 2005
  5. Andrew Gerald

    Crash Guest

    "Andrew Gerald" <> wrote in message

    > My wrote:
    >> On 17 Feb 2005 12:26:35 -0800, "Andrew Gerald" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Is there anyone here with both an Aussie and NZ bank a/c? Or an

    > Aussie
    >> >bank a/c and a Paypal a/c?
    >> >
    >> >A friend of mine wants to place an order with a shop in Aussie but

    > they
    >> >only accept bank transfers as payment. He was wondering if anyone

    > would
    >> >be willing to make the transfer to the Aussie bank a/c for him if he
    >> >transfers the money to their NZ/paypal account first.
    >> >
    >> >Any takers?

    >> He's not some son of a king of some african state with millions that
    >> need to be moved off-shore...

    > Heh, unfortunately nothing nearly as interesting. Just buying some
    > DVD-R's from a computer shop. They're the MaxMax ones which you can't
    > seem to get here in NZ anymore.

    Dont most NZ banks (ANZ does) allow you to send money to any bank account
    internationally via Internet Banking? IIRC with the ANZ facility you set up
    the destination account then when you want to pay it one option is to
    specify the foreign currency required and the bank sucks the required $ to
    cover that amount and the fee ($25 IIRC).

    Alternatively your friend could simply get his bank to make the transfer.

    This should be obvious.....what am I missing here?

    Crash.

    Crash, Feb 18, 2005
  6. Andrew Gerald

    J.wilson Guest

    "Crash" <> wrote in message
    > Dont most NZ banks (ANZ does) allow you to send money to any bank account
    > internationally via Internet Banking? IIRC with the ANZ facility you set
    > up the destination account then when you want to pay it one option is to
    > specify the foreign currency required and the bank sucks the required $ to
    > cover that amount and the fee ($25 IIRC).
    >
    > Alternatively your friend could simply get his bank to make the transfer.
    >
    > This should be obvious.....what am I missing here?
    >
    > Crash.

    The relative value of $25.00. Plus up to 48 hours to deliver.
    Western union does a similar job for $20.00 in 5 minutes.
    Also, I believe in both cases, a differential in the exchange
    rate.
    (Banks are a pack of thieving bastards helping themselves
    to our money as and when they feel like it!)

    J.wilson, Feb 18, 2005
  7. Peter wrote:
    > Andrew Gerald wrote:
    > > Is there anyone here with both an Aussie and NZ bank a/c? Or an

    Aussie
    > > bank a/c and a Paypal a/c?
    > >
    > > A friend of mine wants to place an order with a shop in Aussie but

    they
    > > only accept bank transfers as payment. He was wondering if anyone

    would
    > > be willing to make the transfer to the Aussie bank a/c for him if

    he
    > > transfers the money to their NZ/paypal account first.

    > Won't your NZ bank transfer $$ to an Aust account?

    Yeah it's just that it would be good to avoid the bank fee of $25 or
    whatever (postage is already going to be around $70!). So I thought if
    someone had an Aussie bank account who could do it locally then that'd
    be sweet.

    Andrew

    Andrew Gerald, Feb 18, 2005