    Nocturnal Guest

    I have an exam tomorrow for an Intro to Networking class and we're going
    over binary conversion. Thanks.

    Nocturnal, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Nocturnal

    LnkWizard Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    Real easy actually; each digit in hex represents 4 binary digits.

    For example F in hex is equal to 15 decimal which is 1111 in binary.

    So if we go up the scale from 0 to F in hex we will get:

    HEX BINARY DECIMAL
    0 0000 0
    1 0001 1
    2 0010 2
    3 0011 3
    4 0100 4
    5 0101 5
    6 0110 6
    7 0111 7
    8 1000 8
    9 1001 9
    A 1010 10
    B 1011 11
    C 1100 12
    D 1101 13
    E 1110 14
    F 1111 15

    Finally lets convert a multidigit hex to binary

    FA72 hex would equal 1111101001110010

    F = 1111
    A = 1010

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Nocturnal

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Nocturnal" <> wrote in message
    >I have an exam tomorrow for an Intro to Networking class and we're going
    >over binary conversion. Thanks.

    Deer Mr. Emissions,

    A = 1010
    B = 1011
    C = 1100
    D = 1101
    E = 1110
    F = 1111

    Class dismissed.

    Frisbee®, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Nocturnal

    LnkWizard Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    Neener, neener, neener, I got there First!!

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Nocturnal

    Nocturnal Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    Isn't there a mathematical computation that I can perform to get those
    numbers from hex to bin? Like with bin to hex you multiply each bin # by
    2^1, 2^2, so forth and the 0 places, you just disregard those and add the
    sum of all the bin 1s and from there you convert those #s to hex.

    Nocturnal, Nov 29, 2005
  6. Nocturnal

    kpg Guest

    Nocturnal <> said something like

    > have an exam tomorrow for an Intro to Networking class
    > and we're going over binary conversion. Thanks.

    Learn Octal, then add 7.

    kpg, Nov 29, 2005
  7. Nocturnal

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Nocturnal" <> wrote in message
    > Isn't there a mathematical computation that I can perform to get those
    > numbers from hex to bin? Like with bin to hex you multiply each bin # by
    > 2^1, 2^2, so forth and the 0 places, you just disregard those and add the
    > sum of all the bin 1s and from there you convert those #s to hex.

    Nope.

    Frisbee®, Nov 29, 2005
  8. Nocturnal

    Nocturnal Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    Thanks!

    Nocturnal, Nov 29, 2005
  9. Nocturnal

    Ben Smith Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    In article <>, lnk.wizard.nodots2
    @hotmail.com says...
    > Neener, neener, neener, I got there First!!

    > Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5
    >
    > http://www.mcngp.com
    > "He who does not test himself is worthless indeed"

    And did a better job too. ;)

    Ben Smith, Nov 29, 2005
  10. Nocturnal

    kpg Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    > Isn't there a mathematical computation that I can
    > perform to get those numbers from hex to bin?

    It's called MEMORIZATION.

    Unless you have 16 toes.

    kpg, Nov 29, 2005
  11. Nocturnal

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, lnk.wizard.nodots2
    > @hotmail.com says...
    >> Neener, neener, neener, I got there First!!

    >> Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5
    >>
    >> http://www.mcngp.com
    >> "He who does not test himself is worthless indeed"

    > And did a better job too. ;)

    Ouch.

    I'll bet he cut-and-pasted.

    Mine was air-code.

    Frisbee®, Nov 29, 2005
  12. Nocturnal

    Ben Smith Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    In article <e$>,
    says...
    > Subject: Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?
    > From: Frisbee® <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>, lnk.wizard.nodots2
    > > @hotmail.com says...
    > >> Neener, neener, neener, I got there First!!

    > >> Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5
    > >>
    > >> http://www.mcngp.com
    > >> "He who does not test himself is worthless indeed"

    > > And did a better job too. ;)

    > Ouch.
    >
    > I'll bet he cut-and-pasted.

    Like down by contact, this is not a challengeable ruling. ;)

    Ben Smith, Nov 29, 2005
  13. Nocturnal

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    In article <e$>,
    says...
    > Subject: Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary
    > conversion?
    > From: Frisbee® <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>, lnk.wizard.nodots2
    > > @hotmail.com says...
    > >> Neener, neener, neener, I got there First!!

    > >> Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5
    > >>
    > >> http://www.mcngp.com
    > >> "He who does not test himself is worthless indeed"

    > > And did a better job too. ;)

    > Ouch.
    >
    > I'll bet he cut-and-pasted.

    Like down by contact, this is not a challengeable ruling. ;)

    He didn't ask for decimal conversions... sheesh. Mine was short and to the
    point.

    kpg just flooded his head with unwanted additional information.

    Okay, next time I'll include decimal AND octal columns!

    Frisbee®, Nov 29, 2005
  14. Nocturnal

    MitchS Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > kpg just flooded his head with unwanted additional information.
    >
    > Okay, next time I'll include decimal AND octal columns!

    OR you could write him a program that does all that and send it straight to
    his Blackberry ;)

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone." - F.

    MitchS, Nov 29, 2005
  15. Nocturnal

    Ben Smith Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    In article <>,
    says...
    > "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > In article <e$>,
    > says...
    > > Subject: Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary
    > > conversion?
    > > From: Frisbee® <>
    > > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    > >
    > > "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > > In article <>, lnk.wizard.nodots2
    > > > @hotmail.com says...

    > > > And did a better job too. ;)

    > > Ouch.
    > >
    > > I'll bet he cut-and-pasted.
    > >

    > Like down by contact, this is not a challengeable ruling. ;)
    >
    > He didn't ask for decimal conversions... sheesh. Mine was short and to the
    > point.
    >
    > kpg just flooded his head with unwanted additional information.
    >
    > Okay, next time I'll include decimal AND octal columns!

    Just do your best Bill "Someone just beat up my kid face" Cower
    impersonation and move on to the next play.

    Ben Smith, Nov 29, 2005
  16. Nocturnal

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    In article <>,
    says...
    > "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > In article <e$>,
    > says...
    > > Subject: Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary
    > > conversion?
    > > From: Frisbee® <>
    > > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    > >
    > > "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > > In article <>, lnk.wizard.nodots2
    > > > @hotmail.com says...

    > > > And did a better job too. ;)

    > > Ouch.
    > >
    > > I'll bet he cut-and-pasted.
    > >

    > Like down by contact, this is not a challengeable ruling. ;)
    >
    > He didn't ask for decimal conversions... sheesh. Mine was short and to
    > the
    > point.
    >
    > kpg just flooded his head with unwanted additional information.
    >
    > Okay, next time I'll include decimal AND octal columns!

    Just do your best Bill "Someone just beat up my kid face" Cower
    impersonation and move on to the next play.

    Man... I'll NEVER make MVP at this rate.

    Frisbee®, Nov 29, 2005
  17. Nocturnal

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    On Nov 29, 2005 at 3:24pm "Frisbee®" blathered:

    > kpg just flooded his head with unwanted additional information.

    My head is still swimming.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com

    TechGeekPro, Nov 30, 2005
  18. Nocturnal

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    On Nov 29, 2005 at 3:32pm "Ben Smith" blathered:

    > Just do your best Bill "Someone just beat up my kid face" Cower
    > impersonation and move on to the next play.

    Speaking of Bill "Someone just beat up my kid face" Cower, did y'all see that
    first play by the Colts last night? 80 yard touchdown pass, ON THE FIRST
    PLAY!!!??? Peyton Manning is da man! Colts all the way this year baby!!

    *we now return you to regularly scheduled certification posts*

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com

    TechGeekPro, Nov 30, 2005
  19. Nocturnal

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    > PLAY!!!??? Peyton Manning is da man! Colts all the way this year baby!!

    Go Vikings?

    *whimpers*

    Jtyc, Nov 30, 2005
  20. Nocturnal

    Ben Smith Guest

    Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?

    In article <Xns971DC63E3EDB2tgp@127.0.0.1>, %username%@gmail.com says...
    > Subject: Re: Anyone have a good site for learning hex to binary conversion?
    > From: TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > On Nov 29, 2005 at 3:32pm "Ben Smith" blathered:
    >
    > > Just do your best Bill "Someone just beat up my kid face" Cower
    > > impersonation and move on to the next play.

    > Speaking of Bill "Someone just beat up my kid face" Cower, did y'all see that
    > first play by the Colts last night? 80 yard touchdown pass, ON THE FIRST
    > PLAY!!!??? Peyton Manning is da man! Colts all the way this year baby!!

    A classic case of the San Diego Chargers "don't cover Jerry Rice because
    everyone will think we double covered him so we can blitz two extra
    guys" defense from the Super Bowl a few years ago.

    You think that Dick LeBeau would have warned his defense that the Colts
    like to go deep to that Harrison guy.

    Ben Smith, Nov 30, 2005