    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, Dec 8, 2012

  2. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: Anyone driving to Aucks from Welly before 16th?

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs geoff wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Just a 'Hail Mary' - There are some 1970s English speakers on TM
    >> that I'd love to get but it's pick-up only and the vendor's leaving
    >> NZ on 16th. I'd be happy to throw a few bucks to anyone who could
    >> find room for them - and meet them at Bombay.
    >>
    >> Oh well, worth a try. :) Please excuse the X-posting.

    > Arrange a courier pickup (Fastway, etc). If huge, then organise a
    > freight pickup (Mana, Mainfreigth,etc).

    Hi Geoff, Im really tight on funds, other than getting a ride-along for them
    I couldn't afford frieght. If my back would allow it I'd have driven down to
    get them. (Little Honda City, well maintained. Under 5l /100km on long runs
    if I'm really light-footed.)

    Anyway, it's acedemic now. Some lucky bastard bought them for the $70
    buy-now - an awesome bargain for such clean-sounding and well-built
    speakers.

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=541079418

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Dec 10, 2012

  3. ~misfit~

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-12-11, geoff <> wrote:

    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs geoff wrote:
    >>> "~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    >>> Arrange a courier pickup (Fastway, etc). If huge, then organise a
    >>> freight pickup (Mana, Mainfreigth,etc).

    >> Hi Geoff, Im really tight on funds, other than getting a ride-along for
    >> them I couldn't afford frieght. If my back would allow it I'd have driven
    >> down to get them. (Little Honda City, well maintained. Under 5l /100km on
    >> long runs if I'm really light-footed.)
    >>
    >> Anyway, it's acedemic now. Some lucky bastard bought them for the $70
    >> buy-now - an awesome bargain for such clean-sounding and well-built
    >> speakers.
    >>
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=541079418

    > Bugger - I'd have bought them myself !

    And Trade Me would have obtained a higher comission. Bugger! ;-)

    Gordon, Dec 11, 2012
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: Anyone driving to Aucks from Welly before 16th?

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs geoff wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs geoff wrote:
    >>> "~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    >>> Arrange a courier pickup (Fastway, etc). If huge, then organise a
    >>> freight pickup (Mana, Mainfreigth,etc).

    >> Hi Geoff, Im really tight on funds, other than getting a ride-along
    >> for them I couldn't afford frieght. If my back would allow it I'd
    >> have driven down to get them. (Little Honda City, well maintained.
    >> Under 5l /100km on long runs if I'm really light-footed.)
    >>
    >> Anyway, it's acedemic now. Some lucky bastard bought them for the $70
    >> buy-now - an awesome bargain for such clean-sounding and well-built
    >> speakers.
    >>
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=541079418

    > Bugger - I'd have bought them myself !

    Sweet speakers - You'd have a bargain on your hands if they were in good
    condition. You'd need to spend over two grand to get any new speakers that
    would sound as good. :(

    The reserve was $50 and the buy-now $100 when I was looking. When I looked
    again (with three days still to go on the auction) they'd gone for $70 buy
    now. He must have dropped it.

    ~misfit~, Dec 12, 2012