    only to compete on and attempt to best each other for #1.

    Why not drop by Moderated sci.astro.amateur? Our members await you!!
    , Jul 18, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
    > astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
    > sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has

    I dunno, since I saw this link in somebody's sig line in this group, I'm
    tempted to belive we're at the center of the universe:
    http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/16/pagans_displeased_wi.html
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 18, 2007

  3. clot Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
    >> astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
    >> sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has

    > I dunno, since I saw this link in somebody's sig line in this group,
    > I'm tempted to belive we're at the center of the universe:
    > http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/16/pagans_displeased_wi.html

    Wonderful, highly topical response and able to be appreciated by
    everyone!
    clot, Jul 18, 2007
  4. WhzzKdd Guest

    Re: Any amateur astronomers here?

    <> wrote in message

    > Why not drop by Moderated sci.astro.amateur? Our members await you!!

    Why not drop dead?

    WhzzKdd, Jul 18, 2007
  5. DemoDisk Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
    > astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
    > sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has
    > 167 posts in 65 topics by 53 members. I invite all to take a look at
    > the forum. Here is the url: www.moderatedsciastroamateur.org
    >
    > At Moderated sci.astro.amateur you will find - and can post - topics,
    > images, flash content, YouTube submissions, polls, a picture of
    > yourself and/or a short audio greeting to the forum members, a nice
    > planetarium, updated astrowire, an off topic forum, and a quirky
    > little twist. . .an arcade consisting of 114 games for our members
    > only to compete on and attempt to best each other for #1.
    >
    > Why not drop by Moderated sci.astro.amateur? Our members await you!!

    Oh sure. I've heard that one before: "C'mon over. My member awaits you!"
    DemoDisk, Jul 18, 2007
  6. WhzzKdd Guest

    "clot" <> wrote in message
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
    >>> astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
    >>> sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has

    >> I dunno, since I saw this link in somebody's sig line in this group,
    >> I'm tempted to belive we're at the center of the universe:
    >> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/16/pagans_displeased_wi.html

    > Wonderful, highly topical response and able to be appreciated by everyone!

    Hey, at least Homer had his shorts on <g>

    WhzzKdd, Jul 18, 2007
  7. Fred Kasner Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
    >> astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
    >> sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has

    > I dunno, since I saw this link in somebody's sig line in this group, I'm
    > tempted to belive we're at the center of the universe:
    > http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/16/pagans_displeased_wi.html

    But of course. Any fool can see that there is a bunch of stuff out there
    but it is all the same distance away from us on a big sphere. Either
    that or there are holes in the sphere and what we see is the stuff on
    the other side of the sphere seen through the holes in the sphere.
    FK
    Fred Kasner, Jul 18, 2007
  8. Guest

    Re: OT: Any amateur astronomers here?

    Predictable responses, all. Grow up.
    , Jul 20, 2007
  9. Re: OT: Any amateur astronomers here?

    wrote:
    > On Jul 17, 6:01 pm, wrote:
    >
    > Predictable responses, all. Grow up.

    So have you made any discoveries like the Shoemaker-Levy comet? It's
    impact with Jupiter was chronicled the world over. You want us TINU to
    come join your little circle jerk of friends hovering around a painfully
    small Celestron? Don't spam this group. You'll get spanked if you do.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 20, 2007