    free version is coming to an end.

    I'm using XP, can someone suggest another free anti-virus program that
    is worth installing?

    BigOleBadAssBob, Jun 28, 2007

  2. BigOleBadAssBob

    Canopus Guest

    Re: OT: Anti-virus software

    BigOleBadAssBob scribed:

    >I've used the free version of AVG for 4-5 years, but I hear that the free
    >version is coming to an end.
    >
    >I'm using XP, can someone suggest another free anti-virus program that is
    >worth installing?

    It is not coming to an end. Have you updated to version 7.x yet? It's
    the version prior to 7 that will no longer be supported soon and if you've
    been updating you should have been informed of that quite some time ago.
    AVG have stated that there will always be a free edition as it is in no
    ones interest to not have one and giving away a free edition can often
    lead to people upgrading to the Pro edition for its few extra features.

    --
    Rob

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canopus_archives/

    Canopus, Jun 28, 2007