OT: Another rational thinker...

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=, Apr 27, 2006

  2. That is very possibly the single worst piece of psuedo-journalistic crap I
    have ever read. I wonder if anyone had told the writer that the American
    Laptop (IBM thinkpad) he is so proud of is almost certainly made by a
    Taiwanese firm and then branded as IBM before shipment.

    What is really sad is that there are people out there who are reading that
    drivel and think that it is authoritative. I wonder what these folks would
    do if they realized that the overwhelming majority of web sites run on Apache
    installed on some of those European cancers.

    This kind of stuff REALLY makes me mad. I could go on and on, but this the
    right forum.
    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=, Apr 27, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    MitchS Guest

    "John Strohecker" <> wrote in message
    > That is very possibly the single worst piece of psuedo-journalistic crap I
    > have ever read. I wonder if anyone had told the writer that the American
    > Laptop (IBM thinkpad) he is so proud of is almost certainly made by a
    > Taiwanese firm and then branded as IBM before shipment.

    It's actually a Chinese company Lenovo.

    > This kind of stuff REALLY makes me mad. I could go on and on, but this
    > the
    > right forum.

    Nothing is off topic here.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, Apr 27, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    kpg Guest

    As MitchS once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Nothing is off topic here.

    I disagree. Everything is off topic here.
    kpg, Apr 27, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Another rational thinker...

    Why do people waste their time reading drivel like that? You might as well
    as stand on the street corner and listen to the bums rant.

    I guess it has some entertainment value...
    Jtyc, Apr 27, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As MitchS once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> Nothing is off topic here.

    > I disagree. Everything is off topic here.

    That is on-topic for this discussion group.
    Frisbee®, Apr 27, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    kpg Guest

    As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    >>> Nothing is off topic here.

    >> I disagree. Everything is off topic here.

    > That is on-topic for this discussion group.

    See!
    kpg, Apr 27, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Another rational thinker...

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in

    > Why do people waste their time reading drivel like that? You might as
    > well as stand on the street corner and listen to the bums rant.
    >

    > I guess it has some entertainment value...

    That's just too over the top! Whoever is writing that shite is prolly
    pi$$ing him or herself with hysterical laughter at all the dipwads
    replying in that blog. Too funny, it's the ultimate troll!

    OTOH, if the guy really is serious...

    Naaahhhh!!!LOLOL!!!111

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 27, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Another rational thinker...

    > That's just too over the top! Whoever is writing that shite is prolly
    > pi$$ing him or herself with hysterical laughter

    That was my first assumption as well.
    Jtyc, Apr 27, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Briscobar, Apr 27, 2006
  11. Re: Another rational thinker...

    I doubt it. There are a lot of folks out there who will form opinions about
    stuff they know virtually nothing about (computers for instance) based on
    nothing but crap like this, as long as it comes from the right source.

    <rant>
    In this case its a bunch of self-congratulatory right-wing morons who wave
    their flags and assure each other they are great Americans for doing their
    duty to protect mom, God, and apple pie. Today this duty involves staving
    off the godless European threat to their perceived American hegemony on
    computer technology.

    Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against right wingers, or left wingers,
    or any other winger for that matter...until they abdicate independant thought
    and start letting other people tell them what to think...about *everything*.
    This is fundamentally the same as religious zealotry...the kind that results
    in people blowing themselves up for kicks. Or drinking the kool aid...or
    naming your kid Suri and beleiving in a religion invented by a sci-fi author
    contains legitimate universal truths...
    </rant>

    Sorry. Really needed to say that somewhere. I feel much better now.
    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=, Apr 27, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Another rational thinker...

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=
    <> wrote in

    > I doubt it. There are a lot of folks out there who will form opinions
    > about stuff they know virtually nothing about (computers for instance)
    > based on nothing but crap like this, as long as it comes from the
    > right source.

    Now that's REALLY funny! Just imagine all the addle-headed right wing
    fundies out there fulminating about this percieved threat from European
    Liberals and Ghodsless Chinese haxorz, and the whole thing stems from
    some über-troll's blog!

    Oh, fertheluva Cthuhlu, that's bloody hysterical!

    We're fscking doomed.

    But it's still funny!

    JaR, Apr 27, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Another rational thinker...

    John Strohecker <> rambled:

    > I doubt it. There are a lot of folks out there who will form
    > opinions about stuff they know virtually nothing about (computers for
    > instance) based on nothing but crap like this, as long as it comes
    > from the right source.

    Maybe I'm more optimistic than you. I doubt it, since I'm MCNGP, and surly,
    pessimistic, and doom-and-gloom by nature, but hey, you might be The One.
    Anyway, did you get a chance to read the comments after the "article"? Many
    people posted rational (and correct!) thoughts regarding the authors claims
    and opinions, but the author posted back multiple times with arguments that
    boiled down to nothing more than "yeah but i read it somewhere so it must be
    true" or "i know you are but what am i" or "i'm right because i said i'm
    right...didn't you read the article?"

    > <rant>
    > In this case its a bunch of self-congratulatory right-wing morons
    > who wave their flags and assure each other they are great Americans
    > for doing their duty to protect mom, God, and apple pie. Today this
    > duty involves staving off the godless European threat to their
    > perceived American hegemony on computer technology.
    >
    > Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against right wingers, or left
    > wingers, or any other winger for that matter...until they abdicate
    > independant thought and start letting other people tell them what to
    > think...about *everything*. This is fundamentally the same as
    > religious zealotry...the kind that results in people blowing
    > themselves up for kicks. Or drinking the kool aid...or naming your
    > kid Suri and beleiving in a religion invented by a sci-fi author
    > contains legitimate universal truths... </rant>
    >
    > Sorry. Really needed to say that somewhere. I feel much better now.

    For the record, I have no problem with the majority of people in this world
    blowing themselves up just for kicks. It's the innocent bystanders I'm
    concerned about.

    Also, whether we agree with them or not, rants and raves are generally
    accepted in this NG as on-topic. Especially when they're overflowing with
    contempt for morans.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Please to be www.mcngp.com visits!
    Briscobar, Apr 27, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Another rational thinker...

    > Or drinking the kool aid

    I have to be honest here, I like Kool Aid, I grew up on it. If you don't
    like, go f' yourself.

    I feel better, thank you.
    Jtyc, Apr 27, 2006
  15. Re: Another rational thinker...

    KB wrote:

    > Maybe I'm more optimistic than you. I doubt it, since I'm MCNGP, and surly,
    > pessimistic, and doom-and-gloom by nature, but hey, you might be The One.

    Hmmm...never considered the fact that I might be THE ONE...although I do
    periodically download kung fu updates for my firmware, and dodge bullets by
    doing slow-mo limbo. I also look very cool in a long black leather trench
    coat.

    In all seriousness, you are right. My cynicism kung fu is very strong.

    > Anyway, did you get a chance to read the comments after the "article"? Many
    > people posted rational (and correct!) thoughts regarding the authors claims
    > and opinions, but the author posted back multiple times with arguments that
    > boiled down to nothing more than "yeah but i read it somewhere so it must be
    > true" or "i know you are but what am i" or "i'm right because i said i'm
    > right...didn't you read the article?"

    I tried to read the comments, but got too pissed off after the first few
    were the author and poster patting each other on the back...I will go back
    and try to force myself to read the rest.

    John
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=, Apr 27, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    kpg Guest

    Re: Another rational thinker...

    > I also look very cool in a long black leather trench coat.

    Everybody looks very cool in a long black leather trench coat
    kpg, Apr 27, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Another rational thinker...

    kpg <> rambled:

    >> I also look very cool in a long black leather trench coat.

    > Everybody looks very cool in a long black leather trench coat

    Yes this is not indicitave of being The One. It is a requirement, but it is
    not sufficient, as most people look cool in such attire.[1]

    [1] Most people. Not everyone. Think "Rosie O'Donnell"[2]
    [2] Sorry for mentioning The Beast.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    To the window! To the wall! Till the sweat drop down my
    www.mcngp.com....
    Briscobar, Apr 27, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> I also look very cool in a long black leather trench coat.

    > Everybody looks very cool in a long black leather trench coat

    Especially Rowdy Yates.

    I suddenly have a craving for spaghetti.
    Frisbee®, Apr 27, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBEYXdzb24=?=

    Consultant Guest

    Consultant, Apr 27, 2006