OT An honest eBay auction?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by m II, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. m II

    m II Guest

    m II, Apr 28, 2004

  2. m II

    Andrew Guest

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:15:14 GMT, m II <>
    wrote:

    >This whole page is pretty funny.

    That is excellent, thanks :)

    Andrew, Apr 28, 2004

  3. m II

    nixjunk Guest

    >This whole page is pretty funny.
    >
    >==============================
    >This dress cost me $1200 that my drunken sot of an ex-father-in-law
    >swore up and down he would pay for but didn’t so I got stuck with the
    >bill. Luckily I only got stuck with his daughter for 5 years.
    >

    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=4146756343

    Thanks. That was very funny :)

    nixjunk, Apr 28, 2004
  4. m II

    Jim Phelps Guest

    I'm still laughing. Too bad he's been screwed out of a real sale.

    Jim Phelps, Apr 28, 2004
  5. m II

    Bud Guest

    Bud, Apr 28, 2004
  6. m II

    Alan Browne Guest

    Alan Browne, Apr 28, 2004
  7. m II

    Jim Phelps Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > m II wrote:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=4146756343

    > Good chuckle
    >

    > --
    > --e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

    He ended up selling it for $3,850 dollars and earned several radio show
    appearances and will be on the Today show. Leno is likely next...

    Now, that's what I call Ex-Wife Revenge...

    Jim Phelps, Apr 29, 2004
  8. Also look at all the cancelled bidders who are now NARU, some with recent FB
    and an eBay score over 400. I'm guessing that's because they had invalid
    contact info that eBay needs to deal with the verified bids.

    rhodo chrosite, Apr 29, 2004
  9. m II

    JC Dill Guest

    On 29 Apr 2004 07:21:50 GMT, "Jim Phelps" <> wrote:

    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=4146756343

    >He ended up selling it for $3,850 dollars and earned several radio show
    >appearances and will be on the Today show. Leno is likely next...
    >
    >Now, that's what I call Ex-Wife Revenge...

    Her real revenge is that he's been caught not telling the truth:

    <http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001915316_brodeur29m.html>

    JC Dill, Apr 30, 2004
  10. m II

    RSD99 Guest

    HeHeHeHeHe ...

    RSD99, Apr 30, 2004
  11. m II

    JC Dill Guest

    This guy IS honest:

    <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2389286139>

    He was apparently just interviewed on NPR.

    jc

    JC Dill, May 3, 2004
  12. m II

    JMooreTS Guest

    >This guy IS honest:
    >
    ><http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2389286139>
    >
    >He was apparently just interviewed on NPR.

    In case you all are wondering . . . yes, it's worth going over to Ebay to take
    a look (and laugh).

    JMooreTS, May 4, 2004
  13. m II

    JC Dill Guest

    OT: A *really* honest eBay auction.

    On 04 May 2004 02:02:48 GMT, (JMooreTS) wrote:

    >>This guy IS honest:
    >>
    >><http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2389286139>
    >>
    >>He was apparently just interviewed on NPR.

    >In case you all are wondering . . . yes, it's worth going over to Ebay to take
    >a look (and laugh).

    For those who haven't decided to go look yet, here are some selected
    quotes from the auction text:

    <quotes>

    For any prospective bidders - I have 100% positive feedback so you
    know my descriptions are good. I'm trying to describe this item the
    best I can.

    <snip>

    I've wasted money, but I normally got some sort of satisfaction out
    of it, no matter how small, I got something out of it This is the
    most worthless piece of crap item I have ever had the displeasure of
    working with in my life. I have much more colorful ways of describing
    this but I realize that there may be some kids that will read this so
    I will try to keep it PG.

    It comes complete with most of the crappy accessories it came with.

    <snip>

    I am an engineer by trade and I feel sorry for the engineer that was
    responsible for this marvel of science. Someone told him to design
    this thing and not spend any more than $0.65 on it. So he did it, but
    I bet he probably lost all self respect for himself after he realized
    that he just released this miserable failure onto society. Or maybe
    he got a big kick out of it and is still laughing I don't know. I
    know they suckered me out of my money that's for sure.

    <snip>

    This table comes with no warranty from me. I never bothered to try to
    take it back, even though it was under warranty because I was so
    ticked off that I knew I would create a scene when I threw it through
    the front window of Home Depot. So it sat in my basement for a few
    months, and now you have the opportunity to own this piece of scrap.
    If someone had some time they could probably work on it a bit and make
    it into something that's functional. Like a doorstop or maybe a
    paperweight. But it will need some more work before it's that good.

    I accept paypal, cashiers check or money order. Shipping quoted is
    parcel post. If for some reason you would want to receive your misery
    faster I can do that ask me for a quote.

    </quotes>

    ObDigitalPhoto: The seller could use some hints on lighting,
    compositon, and post-shoot processing.

    jc

    JC Dill, May 4, 2004
  14. m II

    Rick Guest

    Re: A *really* honest eBay auction.

    The funniest thing about this auction is that the guy got over
    436,000 browses, and 8 bids.

    Rick, May 4, 2004
  15. m II

    DM Guest

    Re: A *really* honest eBay auction.

    Moahahahahaha!! This was the best laugh I've had in half a decade. My stomach
    aches man! I had to run out of my office to avoid looking weird to the folks
    here. Couldn't stop bursting out laughing.

    DM, May 5, 2004