OT - Adobe CS4 will be 64-bit (Windows only)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by TJD, Apr 4, 2008.

  1. TJD

    TJD Guest

    TJD, Apr 4, 2008

  2. TJD

    Jane C Guest

    About time Adobe were dragged screaming and kicking into the 21st century ;)
    I hope it's true. Thanks for the info :)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

    Jane C, Apr 4, 2008

  3. See, you need to be reading my blog. I posted that early this morning. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 4, 2008
  4. TJD

    Jane C Guest

    Jane C, Apr 4, 2008
  5. TJD

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Apr 4, 2008
  6. Adobe's Lightroom 2.0 beta is already available in a 64-bit version.
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/

    Dominic Payer, Apr 4, 2008
  7. TJD

    Guest

    Only Photoshop will be 64-bit... (Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator,
    etc. will remain 32-bit for CS4)

    , Apr 11, 2008
  8. TJD

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    Really? I would think that Premiere would benefit even more from 64 bit
    then Photoshop.

    jabloomf1230, Apr 11, 2008
  9. From
    http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adob...p/photoshop/pdfs/ps_cs3_64-bitsupport_FAQ.pdf

    Q: Will the rest of the Creative Suite be 64-bit native on Mac and Windows?

    A: Adobe is not yet in a position to announce detailed plans for 64-bit
    support across all of the Creative Suite products. However, the announcement
    that Lightroom 2.0 will be 64-bit native on both Mac and Windows has
    prompted us to provide some early indication of plans for Photoshop. We can
    say that for other Creative Suite products we'll be prioritizing 64-bit work
    based on the potential user benefits and the complexity of the code
    transition.
    Please check back regularly or speak to your local Adobe representative for
    the latest information about our future products.

    Dominic Payer, Apr 11, 2008