[OT] A Word of Advice

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Callenbach, Mar 6, 2008.

  1. Callenbach

    Callenbach Guest

    Please forgive the intrusion. I have something
    that my fellow Useneters should know. Please
    pass this information on.

    Over a week ago now, I bought an account at
    "newsking" http://www.usenetnewserver.com.

    Since then, not one of my posts has reached the
    Usenet.

    I have been mailing their support addresses
    every day and have not received a reply.

    Furthermore, when I download new posts from
    their server, I only get about 2/3 of the
    new posts that I get when I download new
    posts from the free server at aioe.org.

    I can prove the above. When I saw that something
    was seriously wrong, I began running my news tools
    in debugging mode, for usenetnewsserver and aioe, and
    saved the logs, as well as keeping packet capture
    logs for each session. They are available on my
    FTP server by request.

    Cal
    Callenbach, Mar 6, 2008

  2. Callenbach

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    In alt.video.dvd Callenbach <> wrote:
    > Since then, not one of my posts has reached the
    > Usenet.

    And we should care about this...because?

    Take it up with your usenet provider, or get a different provider
    altogether.

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.
    Doug Jacobs, Mar 6, 2008