OT: A star is born

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by kpg, Apr 24, 2007.

  1. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Tomorrow we will be invaded by a production crew filming
    "Yellow Handkerchief" starring William Hurt.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0954990/

    They hired our parking lot (for $500) to set up a catering
    tent which I and my fellow employees have been invited to
    have full access to. Free breakfast and lunch, and a chance
    to get discovered.

    They're filming at Dot's Diner which is just behind our
    building and they needed a lot of extra space for their
    stuff.

    Now if I could just figure out how to get an MCNGP sign
    stuck up somewhere...

    Anyway, if anyone has something they want me to as Bill, I
    mean Mr Hurt, let me know. I'm sure he'll invite me to play
    golf or fly in his Gulfstream, you know.

    0x22
    kpg, Apr 24, 2007

  2. kpg

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: A star is born

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > Tomorrow we will be invaded by a production crew filming
    > "Yellow Handkerchief" starring William Hurt.
    >
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0954990/?wp_ml=0
    >
    > They hired our parking lot (for $500) to set up a catering
    > tent which I and my fellow employees have been invited to
    > have full access to. Free breakfast and lunch, and a chance
    > to get discovered.
    >
    > They're filming at Dot's Diner which is just behind our
    > building and they needed a lot of extra space for their
    > stuff.
    >
    > Now if I could just figure out how to get an MCNGP sign
    > stuck up somewhere...
    >
    > Anyway, if anyone has something they want me to as Bill, I
    > mean Mr Hurt, let me know. I'm sure he'll invite me to play
    > golf or fly in his Gulfstream, you know.

    Tell him I said he hasn't done a really good film since "Altered States."
    Frisbee®, Apr 24, 2007

  3. kpg

    Neil Guest

    Re: A star is born

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:
    #GOV#:

    > "Altered States."

    OY! I saw that while (not) enjoying the effects of recreational
    pharmaceuticals. BAD IDEA!

    --
    The InterNeil "V2.0 with Tabbed browsing and decreased verbosity" MCNGP
    Triple X

    - Don't worry, your wife won't know.
    Neil, Apr 24, 2007
  4. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Re: A star is born

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:#GOV#QqhHHA.4296
    @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    > Tell him I said he hasn't done a really good film since "Altered States."

    What about "The Village"? Oh, wait, I see your point.

    kp "I liked A.I. dispite William" g
    kpg, Apr 24, 2007
  5. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Re: A star is born

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in news:Xns991C9BC0021A5neilmcsegmailcom@
    207.46.248.16:

    > did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:
    > #GOV#:
    >
    >> "Altered States."

    > OY! I saw that while (not) enjoying the effects of recreational
    > pharmaceuticals. BAD IDEA!

    lol. 2001: A Space Odessy is what you want.

    Being dopped up is about the only way to tolerate a 3 minute
    sequence of space ship floating in silence or 20 minutes of
    those really cool lights. Look at the colurs, man.
    kpg, Apr 24, 2007
  6. kpg

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: A star is born

    > Being dopped up is about the only way to tolerate a 3 minute
    > sequence of space ship floating in silence or 20 minutes of
    > those really cool lights. Look at the colurs, man.

    Read the book, much better. Same with 2010.
    Jtyc, Apr 24, 2007
  7. kpg

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: A star is born

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> Being dopped up is about the only way to tolerate a 3 minute
    >> sequence of space ship floating in silence or 20 minutes of
    >> those really cool lights. Look at the colurs, man.

    > Read the book, much better. Same with 2010.

    Agreed. Have you read 2065 or 3001?
    Frisbee®, Apr 24, 2007
  8. kpg

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: A star is born

    > Agreed. Have you read 2065 or 3001?

    Negative. Worth picking up?
    Jtyc, Apr 24, 2007
  9. kpg

    Consultant Guest

    Re: A star is born

    1984?

    Consultant, Apr 24, 2007
  10. kpg

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: A star is born

    > 1984?

    Also a good read.
    Jtyc, Apr 25, 2007
  11. kpg

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: A star is born

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> Agreed. Have you read 2065 or 3001?

    > Negative. Worth picking up?

    2065 is excellent. Answers quite a few questions.

    3001 is rather weird, but worth reading.
    Frisbee®, Apr 25, 2007
  12. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Re: A star is born

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in news:u07zZnshHHA.208
    @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    >> 1984?

    > Also a good read.

    Wy wifey, aka High School English Teacher, makes
    1984 required reading. Most high schoolers these
    days don't get it, which is really a shame, becuase
    it applies to them now more than ever.

    Ignorant little bastids. We're pretty much doomed.
    kpg, Apr 25, 2007
  13. kpg

    Consultant Guest

    Re: A star is born

    no, they are, ha ha

    Consultant, Apr 25, 2007
  14. kpg

    JaR Guest

    Re: A star is born

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:u63#fsshHHA.5048
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >>> Agreed. Have you read 2065 or 3001?

    >> Negative. Worth picking up?

    > 2065 is excellent. Answers quite a few questions.
    >
    > 3001 is rather weird, but worth reading.

    Oddly enuff, I just finally got around to reading 3001 a couple of months
    ago. And I agree.

    --
    JaR
    Beta læten eva
    JaR, Apr 25, 2007
  15. kpg

    kpg Guest

    kpg <> wrote in news:Xns991C8D62F36E3ipostthereforeiam@
    207.46.248.16:

    There is a man outside my window with this huge grill and he's cooking
    about 300 lbs of steaks. The smell is coming in the vents.

    I'm going to go mingle now, see ya.
    kpg, Apr 25, 2007
  16. kpg

    Jtyc Guest

    > I'm going to go mingle now, see ya.

    f u u f'n f
    Jtyc, Apr 25, 2007
  17. kpg

    catwalker63 Guest

    Jtyc piffled away vaguely:

    >> I'm going to go mingle now, see ya.

    > f u u f'n f

    I dont think that was very nice. I agree with the sentiment, however.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Apr 25, 2007
  18. kpg

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > kpg <> wrote in news:Xns991C8D62F36E3ipostthereforeiam@
    > 207.46.248.16:
    >
    > There is a man outside my window with this huge grill and he's cooking
    > about 300 lbs of steaks. The smell is coming in the vents.
    >
    > I'm going to go mingle now, see ya.

    foadugspu

    (this is an acronym, not a word)
    Lnkwizard2, Apr 25, 2007