    battery for the car alarm remote from a camera store once.. $12. spotted
    the same thing at whitcoulls two days later for <$3.

    </end rant>

    El Chippy, Feb 21, 2007

  2. El Chippy

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <>,
    El Chippy <> wrote:

    > Yes, even telecom envys the pure theft that is the price of getting
    > ID/Passport photos printed at a photolab self service kiosk.
    >
    > one normal full frame 6x4 print $1-2..
    > hit the button for an id photo however and that same piece of 6"x4"
    > photograhic paper with two smaller images on it is suddenly worth $10+.
    >
    > Solution 1. edit the image at home so your image can be printed as a
    > standard 6x4.. ah, minor problem, some of them have wised up to this and
    > have a little notice by the terminal. "If you have resized/edited your
    > photos on computer manual processing will be required. A processing fee
    > applies"

    Huh... the thing can not tell the difference, a jpeg is a jpeg is a jpeg.

    whoisthis, Feb 21, 2007

  3. On 21 Feb 2007 18:07:37 +1300, El Chippy
    <> wrote:

    >Solution 1. edit the image at home so your image can be printed as a
    >standard 6x4.. ah, minor problem, some of them have wised up to this and
    >have a little notice by the terminal. "If you have resized/edited your
    >photos on computer manual processing will be required. A processing fee
    >applies"

    Just say that there was no editing involved - it was all done with
    mirrors!

    Jason Clinton, Feb 21, 2007
  4. El Chippy

    jasen Guest

    On 2007-02-21, whoisthis <> wrote:

    >> Solution 1. edit the image at home so your image can be printed as a
    >> standard 6x4.. ah, minor problem, some of them have wised up to this and
    >> have a little notice by the terminal. "If you have resized/edited your
    >> photos on computer manual processing will be required. A processing fee
    >> applies"

    > Huh... the thing can not tell the difference, a jpeg is a jpeg is a jpeg.

    Most photo editors don't produce a JPEG with an EXIF header, if you can
    turn that option on you'll probably fool the machine.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    jasen, Feb 22, 2007
  5. El Chippy

    El Chippy Guest

    On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:08:01 +0000, jasen wrote:

    > On 2007-02-21, whoisthis <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Solution 1. edit the image at home so your image can be printed as a
    >>> standard 6x4.. ah, minor problem, some of them have wised up to this and
    >>> have a little notice by the terminal. "If you have resized/edited your
    >>> photos on computer manual processing will be required. A processing fee
    >>> applies"

    >> Huh... the thing can not tell the difference, a jpeg is a jpeg is a jpeg.

    > Most photo editors don't produce a JPEG with an EXIF header, if you can
    > turn that option on you'll probably fool the machine.
    >
    > Bye.
    > Jasen

    Not a problem in the end, fired up the GIMP and put 8 mugshots on one
    image, and the local chemist has a photokiosk thing that didn't have a
    problem with it. one print, $1 :) net saving of $11 less 15mins to
    download and remember how to use GIMP.

    Thieving scum 0
    Me 1

    El Chippy, Feb 22, 2007
  6. El Chippy

    Rhino Guest

    On 22 Feb 2007 08:08:01 GMT, jasen <> wrote:

    >Most photo editors don't produce a JPEG with an EXIF header, if you can
    >turn that option on you'll probably fool the machine.
    >
    >Bye.
    > Jasen

    Try Exifer. It will edit and add exif data to your jpeg files. My
    Fuji and Minolta digitals produce images with exif data and it can
    read/modify without any problems.
    Cheers, Rhino

    Rhino, Feb 22, 2007
  7. jasen wrote:
    > On 2007-02-21, whoisthis <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Solution 1. edit the image at home so your image can be printed as a
    >>> standard 6x4.. ah, minor problem, some of them have wised up to this and
    >>> have a little notice by the terminal. "If you have resized/edited your
    >>> photos on computer manual processing will be required. A processing fee
    >>> applies"

    >> Huh... the thing can not tell the difference, a jpeg is a jpeg is a jpeg.

    > Most photo editors don't produce a JPEG with an EXIF header, if you can
    > turn that option on you'll probably fool the machine.
    >
    > Bye.
    > Jasen

    Irfanview can also preserve EXIF headers on edited jpg's

    dilberts_left_nut, Feb 23, 2007