    playable sound file?

    TIA.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Steve Freides

    Harrison Guest

    http://www.songsforteaching.com/InstrumentSong.html

    Harrison, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Steve Freides

    Marilee Guest

    Re: a particular folk song lyric

    "Steve Freides" <> wrote in message
    > There's an old folk song used to teach kids about the orchestra - it's a
    > round, with short verses that start with the names of instrument, e.g,

    "The
    > horn, the horn, sounds so forlorn" or "The clarinet, the clarinet..."
    >
    > I remember hearing it on a Brother's Four record growing up and expect

    it's
    > also been recorded by the Weavers and/or PPM and/or lots of other folks.
    >
    > I tried every Google search I could think of and can't find this. Anyone
    > have any idea where it might be on the Internet, either as lyrics or as a
    > playable sound file?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > -S-

    Lyrics:

    http://www.songsforteaching.com/InstrumentSong.html

    I can't find a midi--yet.

    Marilee

    Marilee, Jan 23, 2004
  4. Re: a particular folk song lyric

    Thank you both!

    Those are exactly the words I remember but they're certainly close enough.

    Either a midi file or even a wav, rm, et. would be good. I mostly remember
    the tune but not 100%. (Or, of course, the notated music.)

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jan 23, 2004
  5. Steve Freides

    Flaccid Guest

    Steve Freides wrote:

    > There's an old folk song used to teach kids about the orchestra -
    > it's a round, with short verses that start with the names of
    > instrument, e.g, "The horn, the horn, sounds so forlorn" or "The
    > clarinet, the clarinet..."

    Third link returned:

    http://www.google.com.au/search?q="The clarinet, the clarinet"

    Google is your friend! :)